Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daredevil director's cut - what a difference!

Options
  • 08-08-2010 12:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Soo much better!, it's amazing how editing effects a movie, how reordering shots changes the whole tone of a film!

I couldn't belive how much footage was left out, the whole subplot with Coolio which shows Matt as a day to day guy, Matt's friend got alot more screen time and he was actually a real character and not a side kick. The whole romance with Elektra was a minor plotpoint compared to the theactrical release where it was central.

It was much more violet and gritty, i'd say it was 15 rated for sure, the killing of Elektra was quite brutal and cold, the aftermath with her crawling over to Matt had much more impact.

The additional 30 mins of footage really fleashed out the movie, two scenes in particular gave Matt going after Kingpin more realistic...Bullsyes in the church explaining to Matt who hired him and why, the detective in the parking lot saying Bullseye would not just go after Elektra's father but the whole family.

It was a much better movie overall, can't belive the studio butchered it :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Its an absolute travesty that they did not release the director's cut. As director cut's go I find it is the one that most improves on the original film. Most cuts just add a few extra scenes whereas this one deletes and adds scenes. Removing the romance plot is most certainly the right angle. Heck Ben Affleck even acts well in this cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Yep the DC is an amazing film. It's the version that should have been released. I just hope we don't have to wait to long for the next DD movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I always had a soft spot for DD, despite how widely panned it was. The director's cut is terrific, it makes such a difference to the film - one of few films where "director's cut" means more than half a minute of extra footage and f*ck all else.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I love the scene where he hears a woman getting attacked and is too knackered/doesnt care enough to sto pit, then has visions of her crawling along his bedroom floor, great stuff. Oh and that ridiculous candelight sex scene with him and Elektra is gone iirc, that was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I am one of the few it seems that liked the original film, but the DC is a much superior film, and it is hard to watch the original now after seeing the DC.

I can only think of two films offhand that changed so much for the better as it in terms of the DC being so much superior to the original.

Kingdom Of Heaven, and the brilliant The Big Red One.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Only saw it a week or two ago. Brilliant cut of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I actually really liked the original DD, but i havent seen the directors cut, must check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Really??

This director's cut needs to be a whole new film to even get me to consider watch this rubbish again!

Advertisement