Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ishibashi ubox query

Options
  • 29-07-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Howya lads
    i know a few of ye have dealt with these lads, how did ye find them to deal with? what was the delivery time like? Also, if (when) i get caught to pay excise duty on the goods, is it @ 21.5% rate?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

A little bird told me they won't ship internationally anymore. Don't know why but here is a thread

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=719569

Hope it ain't true because they have some top stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

i think thats just for the new stuff, seemingly they still ship the second hand stuff internationally....
    +1 on the quality of their stuff though!

gassing for one of these now...

Bacchus Strong-5

3266922011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Ive never dealt with them but have been eyeing up an Edwards elp 130 lts
    & came across this site if its any good to you !

http://search.borderless.rakuten.com/borderless/search.action?k=&tl=205906&sm=0&vm=2&sid=&l=en&fs=1&pf=&pt=

They seem to deal with many shops including ishibashi new & used

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

When I dealt with them(around 3 years ago) delivery was in 5 days!!
    The vat rate of 21% was applied to it. Still got an amazing price though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Howya lads
    i know a few of ye have dealt with these lads, how did ye find them to deal with? what was the delivery time like? Also, if (when) i get caught to pay excise duty on the goods, is it @ 21.5% rate?
    cheers
    I dealt with them twice. Both times I found the e-mail conversation back and forth quite straightforward despite the language barrier. The sales reps were very polite and courteous. Delivery time was at least a week in both casees but it felt like a lot longer as I was so excited waiting for my new gear :). I can't remember what the VAT rate was unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

They don't do international sales off the U-Box page anymore, only from their eBay shop which has a small selection. :(

http://stores.ebay.com/ishibashimusic

Vat and customs fees should be calculated based on the overall total of the instrument and shipping amount. The Vat rate is 21% and customs is around 3.8% if I recall correctly. I usually just work out the total fees at 25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Does anyone know why they don't ship internationally any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Malice_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know why they don't ship internationally any more?

I imagine they got a slap on the wrist from fender ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I found this on another forum
    Dear all at Ishibashi Web-shop,

I have been very happy to order used equipment from your Company and I wish to thank you for your efficiency, honesty and professionalism, now that your U-box is no more operational for us, foregners.

I have been very disappointed to see that we now have to go through an ebay store which is right now far from being as attractive. I hope this will improve soon.

I have received following message in return :

Dear Jean,

This is Ace from Ishibashi Music. Thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry to say we have stopped International U-BOX business.
    First, I would like to explain our situation. We have continued our international business on a U-BOX basis for 12 years. Our stores do not always have a sales person good at English so that my international sales team has relayed overseas customers to our stores. When we started this way, we believed it would be good for both of our customers and our company. We could have a lot of good customers worldwide and they were satisfied with our service but we could not make profit suitable for our labor. My international team had to spend our labor to correspond with the customers and contact our stores much more than we expected. After Lehman Brothers bankrupted, many of our international customers have gone and sales has decreased. We can hardly continue the international U-BOX business.

We have made a test marketing for eBay in the spring of 2009. We found eBay was totally established. I are convinced business on eBay is much better than U-BOX.
    Our new eBay business is managed at our Shibuya store. The store has the largest inventory of used items in our company. Three of my international sales team just moved to the store. They are now listing selected used items from the inventory on eBay.
    The number of items which we are selling through e-Bay is still a few.
    However, we would do our utmost to sell more items through our e-Bay web page.

Again, I am sorry for your inconvenience. I appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,
    Eiichiro "Ace" Shirai
    International Sales Manager

Advertisement