Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Kelly Tour

Options
  • 15-07-2010 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

Sean Kelly tour is on 29th August this year.
    Anyone have any info on this cycle?
    Route, difficulty, organisation etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

jjbrown wrote: »
    Hi

Sean Kelly tour is on 29th August this year.
    Anyone have any info on this cycle?
    Route, difficulty, organisation etc etc

Here and here are a couple of threads on it.

Consensus seems to be that it's well organised, and the long route has a couple of stinkers of climbs on it

Edit: 160k route, and the 100k route

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

does the man himself ride on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

froog wrote: »

Usually

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yep. And he'll slag you off if you ride like a wally.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

One of the lads was saying last night that it was mentioned on Eurosport that he got up to 124kph on a descent :eek:, only in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

yes - and I must say, the year I did it he was incredibly patient and good humoured with all the folk looking to have their photo with him, seemed to be genuinely happy to stand there and smile and be asked silly questions all day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

RobAMerc wrote: »
    yes - and I must say, the year I did it he was incredibly patient and good humoured with all the folk looking to have their photo with him, seemed to be genuinely happy to stand there and smile and be asked silly questions all day.

+1, I got my photo with him and he does seem extremely pleasant. I didn't ask any questions as I thought he was getting enough of them already.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement