Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi lens cleaning wipes

Options
  • 13-07-2010 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Eyewear brand 50 cleaning wipes. €1.69 from Aldi. Suitable
    for glass and plastic lenses. Glasses, camera lens and visors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Personally, I would not use that on my reading glasses. Guess how close that would get to my L lense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

ThOnda wrote: »
    Personally, I would not use that on my reading glasses.

Why not? They are moistened with alcohol/water and sealed in
    a condom style wrapper to ensure they are spotlessly clean. Is there
    a safer way to clean lenses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Elmar Fudd

Heck, no, I wouldn't wipe a lens. It would leave cleaning marks. My philosophy is just keep the front element clean with filters. I wouldn't wipe filters either.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

I use them all the time for my glasses and all my lenses (OK - most of them are actually cleaning a lens filter, but I have used them on lenses occasionally).

I remove dust first with a blower/soft brush. Clean with the wipes - they're great for removing greasy smears and fingerprints. Finish off with a clean lens cloth - which removes the drying marks you sometimes get.

(the reason they work well is that they have alcohol in them - which removes grease and evaporates easily).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I use them as well. Once you dry off the the lens after you will have no smudges. They. Work fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

never needed anything more than a plain ol' lens cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I use this and these. Works well, no smudges

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    I use this and these. Works well, no smudges

I use those for my sensor !

The cleaning wipes are more portable - so I always have a few in my camera bag in case of need.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PabD

The lidl version of them states on the packet that they can be used for camera lenses. On the back in small text it says not to use on LCD displays.

I use them every day for my glasses but have never had the need to go near my camera lenses with them. Don't think i would either when a good lens cloth is so close by.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spudz-SPBK20-10x10-Micro-Black/dp/B001A0C7E6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279105105&sr=8-3

PabD wrote: »

I have a lens cloth for removing drying marks. However those spuds cloths are pretty small (if handy). I would worry I was just recirculating the dirt from the last cleaning which must end up embedded in the cloth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PabD

Cameraman wrote: »
    I have a lens cloth for removing drying marks. However those spuds cloths are pretty small (if handy). I would worry I was just recirculating the dirt from the last cleaning which must end up embedded in the cloth.

You know they come in different sizes and they can be washed?
    Have the 10*10 inch one myself, have two actually one for each camera and find the size perfect.

PabD wrote: »
    You know they come in different sizes and they can be washed?
    Have the 10*10 inch one myself, have two actually one for each camera and find the size perfect.

Each to his own. I just feel happier using disposables.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dave2014

I see often Aldi not having them and my glasses get very dirty often, where else sells lots of these type of wipes for a small price, if you can recommend either a shop or brand that has a outlet in maynooth as I can't really travel far to find some. Also if your short on just a normal dry cloth to clean your lenses, where do you get them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

dave2014 wrote: »
    I see often Aldi not having them and my glasses get very dirty often, where else sells lots of these type of wipes for a small price, if you can recommend either a shop or brand that has a outlet in maynooth as I can't really travel far to find some. Also if your short on just a normal dry cloth to clean your lenses, where do you get them?

Tiger have smaller boxes all the time, I think it's about €2 for 20 wipes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Please not that this thread is almost seven years old.

Advertisement