Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does it take for a package to reach ireland from the uk?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I am tracking it online and the sellers dropped it off at 15:23 today, and it left depot at 15:55 today. When should it arrive in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Depends where you live (Rural/city) and which carrier is shipping it. Usually it takes 48hrs or so.

Id expect it Friday or Monday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

CorkMan wrote: »
    I am tracking it online and the sellers dropped it off at 15:23 today, and it left depot at 15:55 today. When should it arrive in ireland?
    anytime now. get out of bed ya lazy feck and answer the door.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Usually delivery companies such as DHL/UPS/etc... do their deliveries in the morning ( 8-1 ) and then their collections in the afternoon ( 1 - 6 ).

So chances are if the time says after 1 your not getting it until the next morning. It might have been scanned and packed into a van at that time for the van to be ready to go out the next morning. Let us know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

CorkMan wrote: »

I wonder why you posted this in the Cork City forum?

It varies a bit depending on which courier you use, size of
    package, time of year etc. In my experience, 48 hour
    delivery takes 2-4 working days. If it was sent on Wednesday,
    you may have it by Friday, but there is a good chance you will
    have to wait until after the weekend. Keep an eye on the on-line
    tracking. Most tracking services show "out for delivery" when the
    van leaves the depot on the day of delivery.

The suspense is killing me.

WHEN DID YOU GET IT!!!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

castie wrote: »
    Usually delivery companies such as DHL/UPS/etc... do their deliveries in the morning ( 8-1 ) and then their collections in the afternoon ( 1 - 6 ).

So chances are if the time says after 1 your not getting it until the next morning. It might have been scanned and packed into a van at that time for the van to be ready to go out the next morning. Let us know!

not true

BArra wrote: »
    not true

Mate used to work for DHL and thats what he did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

could be why they went bust :P

its not what either of em do now! they deliver and pickup throughout the day

what would be the point of passing the door of a place, only to then have to go back there later in the day!?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

castie wrote: »

I've often received UPS deliveries at about 3pm

Advertisement