Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

04-07-2010, 15:41   #1
MoBoird

Behaviour on Brittas Bay Naturist Beach

I'm a young naturist guy myself and was on Brittas Bay naturist beach (why is it called Brittas Bay when its not actually on that beach) for the first time yesterday. It left a bad taste in my mouth as it is overrun by perverts and very open sexual behaviour.

I have been on naturist beaches all over the world - I would say about 30 now - and they are always the swingers and voyeurs on them, its part and parcel of the lifestyle (although personally I dont consider it a lifestyle). I have no problem with the swingers, but the voyeurs really grate on me and normally they are nude as well but I counted five men (out of approx 20 people there) yesterday who where just wondering up and down fully clothed. Another five were nude. For the first 30 mins they where just hoovering over me and I had to tell two guys to walk on. One was actually standing up and wanking himself five yards from where I was lying when I opened my eyes. Like I said I've been to many naturist beaches and you will always see this behaviour but not as aggressive or open as this. When I was leaving I saw two guys having sex with the audience all playing with themselves. As I was walking threw the very large dune there, two guys were looking down on the show and also having a wank.

As they say 'each to their own' but the lack of discretion was just ridiculous.

As I was leaving a large family with under tens were heading to the beach and they stopped me to ask what it was like down there. I told them its a naturist beach, which they were fine with, but I just had to tell them about what was currently going on as well. Can you imagine what they would have thought if they had gone down? Their kids had run on ahead of them all excited about going to the beach so im glad I was able to warn them.

I had been using Currocloe in Wexford but got tired of the handful of voyeurs that use it as well. I have never seen any open sex but I presume thats because it has a wood.

Brittas Bay is listed as one of the best beaches for naturism in Ireland and Ireland itself has been listed as one of the best countries for naturism - do a quick google search - but if this is what people are going to see I am very embarrassed to be Irish right now.

Being nude is very normal but these creeps are ruining it for the genuine few.

Is this the norm on this beach or was yesterday and isolated incident?
Advertisement
07-07-2010, 09:58   #2
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
The topic has received a lot of publicity in recent weeks, so it's possible that there's something of a pervert influx there of people who didn't know the beach existed. There's good reason to believe that it will taper off; People will forget and get bored.

I'm sure this is not something isolated to Ireland - I'm sure naturist beaches the world over have to deal with these weirdos. Have you ever visited a beach outside of Ireland and seen this kind of behaviour?
07-07-2010, 10:26   #3
MoBoird

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Have you ever visited a beach outside of Ireland and seen this kind of behaviour?
I have, like I said above around 30 all over the world but no where on the scale I witnessed that day. Brittas Bay has been very well known for a long time so I don't understand why its only happening now.

When the weather is good again i'll be going back and im going to confront these guys and scare them off. The two I told to move on that day left the beach mortified. Its ridiculous and extremely sad that grown men get off this way. Going to take my camera, take photos of them and take them to the Gardai. That level of repressed sexuality is dangerous and the authorities need to be made aware.

**** em, their not going to ruin the place.
12-07-2010, 15:45   #4
Elle Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBoird View Post
I have been on naturist beaches all over the world - I would say about 30 now - and they are always the swingers and voyeurs on them, its part and parcel of the lifestyle (although personally I dont consider it a lifestyle). I have no problem with the swingers, but the voyeurs really grate on me and normally they are nude as well but I counted five men (out of approx 20 people there) yesterday who where just wondering up and down fully clothed. Another five were nude. For the first 30 mins they where just hoovering over me and I had to tell two guys to walk on. One was actually standing up and wanking himself five yards from where I was lying when I opened my eyes. Like I said I've been to many naturist beaches and you will always see this behaviour but not as aggressive or open as this. When I was leaving I saw two guys having sex with the audience all playing with themselves. As I was walking threw the very large dune there, two guys were looking down on the show and also having a wank.
Why then, in the name of God, do you keep going to them?????
Thanks from:
12-07-2010, 15:58   #5
MoBoird

I've been to many naturist beaches and you will always see this behaviour but not as aggressive or open as this.

And I go because I enjoy being a naturist and im not going top let these freaks stop me. Simple.

Im going to presume your one of them? Why the else would you bother to reply?

Last edited by MoBoird; 12-07-2010 at 18:17.
Advertisement
12-07-2010, 16:30   #6
Wibbs

Quote:
Im going to presume your one of them? Why the **** else would you bother to reply?
Eh thats a bit strong. Maybe chilling out on the OTT defensive mode might help your cause.
(3) thanks from:
12-07-2010, 16:41   #7
Elle Collins

Quote:
Im going to presume your one of them?

Quote:
Why the **** else would you bother to reply?
I bothered to reply because I cannot fathom why anyone would walk repeatedly into a situation which, by their own admission, is regularly frequented by voyers and pervs.

From your response it seems voyers and pervs don't bother you as long as they are not 'open or agressive'. Therefore the solution here is simple: All you have to do is take yourself back to the beaches where people wank at you from the sand dunes.
Thanks from:
12-07-2010, 17:02   #8
MoBoird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Collins View Post
where people wank at you from the sand dunes.
lol, good one.

But seriously the behaviour that day was not on and its such a nice beach and area and is very well known in Ireland and abroad. Im a big promoter of naturism and it hurts when it gets dragged into the dirt like this.

You also got to admit your first reply was bloody weird. I can't fathom why you would bother to reply just to give out and ignore my question
12-07-2010, 17:04   #9
Unknown Unknown

Is a pubic beach so anyone can go, if people want wants nude beach they shoud get buy private beach for them only, otherswise take good with the bad.
Advertisement
12-07-2010, 17:17   #10
MoBoird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Unknown View Post
Is a pubic beach so anyone can go, if people want wants nude beach they shoud get buy private beach for them only, otherswise take good with the bad.
Of course anyone can go. Doesn't mean they can behave in a manner that makes people feel uncomfortable or disgusted or offended. Why does a naturist beach cause people to throw away basic social rules?
12-07-2010, 17:19   #11
looksee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Unknown View Post
Is that why they call it a pubic beach?
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2010, 17:27   #12
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
I'd say your main issue here is that naturist beaches in Ireland are technically illegal anyway. That is, you could be arrested for a public order offence for strolling nude around a public beach (or indeed on a private beach which was ordinarily visible to the public).

The freaks who go down to perv know all about this, and know that if phone calls are made, then the Gardai will be down arresting everyone who's wandering around naked. Catch-22 really.

There are no beaches in Ireland designated as "clothing optional" beaches and until the law is changed, there won't be any. However, in the interest of turning a blind eye, as we so often do, certain beaches are simply known for being clothing optional and the Gardai don't do anything about them.

On the continent, such beaches are legal and officially designated, therefore they're not cloak-and-dagger and no doubt have lifeguards or wardens or whatever, which makes them a far more public place and dissuades the perverts from hanging around.

There was an Irish naturist organisation on a number of news channels a few weeks back talking about lobbying for a legal status to naturist beaches in Ireland. Maybe get involved with them?
12-07-2010, 23:44   #13
JuliusCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by looksee View Post
Is that why they call it a pubic beach?
Aren't ALL beaches/seashore in the Republic of Ireland the property of the State, and therefore public?
12-07-2010, 23:55   #14
MoBoird

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusCaesar View Post
Aren't ALL beaches/seashore in the Republic of Ireland the property of the State, and therefore public?
Your missing the tongue in cheek joke with the mis spelling
15-07-2010, 09:12   #15
Bottle_of_Smoke

That sounds vile OP. Unfortunately guards can't do anything without getting rid of normal naturists too.

Hopefully the law will be changed
Thread Closed