Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victory!!!

Options
  • 01-07-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

VICTORY!! I don't know how many of you know about Bruce's plight in NI. I got involved fairly early on and today I got the phone call I never thought I would get: the judge ordered that Bruce is to be released into my custody!!!!! This is a legal precendence and a kick in the teeth for DDA supporters in NI. There are several conditions attached for this to happen which are all easy for me to realise. Bruce has been imprisoned in NI for years. His plight has united people all over the world. I have worked tirelessly behind the scene to get him released. As he was classed a Pit Bull and NI has never accepted the amendment to the DDA his fate was sealed. However, today a judge has ruled for Bruce to be released to me. I am ecstatic, this has never happened before and my work has paid off!!

I was crying so hard when I got the call, I felt like a fool. This means that a judge actually ruled against existing laws in NI in favour of Bruce and has shown great compassion. Let's hope that this is the first step in the right direction for many more dogs to follow and hopefully a review of the DDA in NI.

You have NO idea how happy I am about this.

Don't ever think that you can't change anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Well done EGAR...super super news! You must be over the moon!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I've always maintained that the owner determines a dogs personality not the breed.

Congratulations, you must be thrilled. A hard battle won, but it was won!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Absolutely fantastic news EGAR!!!! Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wasn't there a link to Bruce's plight here earlier during the year?.

Brilliant news, didn't he suffer horendous conditions in custody leading to some medical problems, will these be looked after now?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Brillant news!!!! Fair play to you for all your hard work, its a step in the right direction!!!

• Advertisement

BRUCE.

I've moved to tear's, the big softie that I am!.

(I'm too damned soft).

VICTORY INDEED.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

EGAR, I wish you every luck in the world rehabilitating the poor dog. I hope his time being actively mistreated by the authorities hasn't soured his sweet temprament. I hope his injuries are treatable and have not turned into something chronic and acute.

It beggars belief that the authorities of any country would take a healthy animal, for whatever reason, and then allow its physical condition to degenerate so utterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

Congratulations!!! You did a fantastic thing and as a staffy lover I thank you with all my heart for what you have done for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

For anyone who wasn't following this case, here's a quick link to a youtube video about Bruce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aQLog460Io

Google "Bring Bruce home" and "Save Bruce" for links to the hundreds of pages covering this poor dogs's plight.

Well done to you Sarah and to EGAR for not only saving this guy's life but for making a massive difference to the hundreds of dogs in Northern Ireland in similar situations. How many dogs have been put down in NI simply for being a certain breed (or appearing to be a certain breed)....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Ya bet me to it Makikomi but sure i'll leave mine up too. Gotta learn to type faster.

• Advertisement

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Ya bet me to it Makikomi but sure i'll leave mine up too. Gotta learn to type faster.

'Tis all good news, I'm delighted regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

This Is Brilliant News:D:D:D Im So Happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Great news, I hope he's able to recover from his ordeal and have a brilliant life from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

That's absolutley brilliant news! Well done EGAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

oh my god i'm in floods of tears hear i'm so happy for bruce, his family, you but most of all for the future of other bull breeds,,please let this be the turning point for them..God bless that judge for having an open mind and not falling for the uneducated rubbish that is put out there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Wow!!! I didn't know anything about Bruce or his case until I opened this thread and I have been deeply moved by it.

WELL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED AND HOORAY FOR BRUCE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

That's brilliant, congrats!!! :D and thanks for all your hard work, now let's hope this sets a precedent. DDA is just silly- ought to imprison irresponsible owners of 'bad' dogs instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Well done Egar that is fantastic news, you are a saint for putting in all that work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

fantastic news egar, bruce has been in my thoughts for quite some time. im so glad his ordeal is over. i wish you and bruce all the best for the future. what a great was to start a friday. fantasic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Wonderful news:D Well done!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

The solicitor will be in touch next week to arrange collection at a *secret location* - very cloak and dagger. One would think I am committing a crime :D.

I wont believe it for sure until I have him in my car and drive off with him.

People in Loughrea, if you heard about a mad woman who was dancing around the SuperValu parking lot with a mobile to her ear yesterday morning at around 11 then that was me :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Fantastic news, I was only thinking about him a few days ago wondering what happened to him. So so so happy to hear this. *Victory dance* :D Lets hope this is a turning point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

Great news Egar ,hopefully you will be able to help him recover from his unjustified ordeal .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Well done, that's great news for the little guy.

How are his family? Will they stay in contact with him when he is with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

EGAR you never cease to amaze me!

I cannot WAIT to see pics of him safe and sound with you. You give us all hope. Thank you.

I hope there is such thing as Karma. doG bless that judge and all of you who worked to make this happen.

EDIT: I just watched that video. Really EGAR, god bless you. I'm off to give Harley a hug. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sarah and EGAR, it's inspirational all the work you do for these breeds. Fair play to you and can't wait to hear more about Bruce. Hopefully he will be ok after being in that state for so long... the poor thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Congratulations, please keep us updated about this boy.
    I read his story some time ago as always wondered what happened, can't believe it took so long, only hope the poor chap is in good shape after all this time(I know he was in very bad shape at one time with sores and his tail removed), I'd love to hear news of him.
    EGAR its wonderful people like you that work tirelessly for a cause, that restore my faith in humankind after all the bad news and horror stories we hear, there aren't words enough to praise you for all your hard work.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

oh my god this is heartbreaking...how on earth can some one get away with doing that to bruce..the state of the poor fella..
    well done and i look forward to seeing loads of pics in the next few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

That's fantastic news EGAR, and you should be very, very proud of sticking with this. I hadn't heard anything about Bruce for ages and was tempted to google, but I was afraid what I would find would break my heart.

Please keep us updated on what is happening with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Congrats - absolutely great news.

The world was watching and its great to see people CAN make a difference. I remember watching the videos of the vigils for this dog all over the world. Powerful stuff.

Advertisement