Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy review videos

Options
  • 18-06-2010 4:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

You may or may not be aware but there is a huge youtube community of people doing toy reviews, of hugely varying quality.

I'm subbed to quite a few so I thought I would post ones I find interesting/ high quality.

First up we have cobra commmander tfw of the moonbase 2 forum/ podcast, probably one of the more famous (and funny) Transformers/ GI Joe heads. Here he's reviewing the Mask Manta Ray toy. This gent likes using the odd bit of special effects for humour in his vids.

These vids might be boring to some but if you remember the toys, the nostalgia is epic.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Popculture network, get advance figures from alot of companies (usually Mattel) but present information in a very dry manner.

Also, Pixel Dan's reviews can be seem to be a bit fake, although I do think he's genuinely enthusiastic after watching some more of his stuff.

Here's a review of the new San Diego Comic Con DCUC plastic man figure- both the figure itse'f and the box are really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

hi yes i watch these toy reviews a lot, very popular vintage toy collecting today and getting bigger buy the looks of things, i have a collection of vintage 70s and 80s toy collectables myself , love it :-)

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

These vids might be boring to some but if you remember the toys, the nostalgia is epic.

I had the Mask Manta Ray. Brilliant toy with lasting appeal to kids who wouldn't know what MASK is. I dug it out last year from my attic for my cousins son to play with and he loved it so much I had to give it to him (minus ejection seat which is lost forever).

I can see why you said the video might be boring to some, but I ended up watching parts of it a 2nd time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wow, that's great!! I never had any MASK toys but my neighbour had them all so we used to play with his and he played with our Star Wars toys :)

Must get to YouTube and start looking for reviews :)

If people like them I'll keep posting them, I have ALOT of toy subs but most of them mightn't be so interesting :)

You don't see enough on Mask, for such a popular and well designed line. I really don't know why it hasn't been revived (well actually I think I do, due to some legal gymnastics Hasbro owns the rights to Mask, and I would say they will not release them for the same reason they're not releasing gobots- they don't want to water down their big "transforming vehicle" marke .)

• Advertisement

Seeing as we were just talking about Starcom. :)

SeanxLong reviewing the original Castle Grayskull.

Here's an example of a reviewer I don't like. I don't find his voice interesting at all nor his jokes funny. He does show nice detail though.

Sean long is a youtube partner and he actually treis to make a living from his video reviews (which was the source of some scandal way back when in the transformers community.)

I'm sure some people are going to want this. :)

This guy does a vintage toy/tv podcast, called back to the 80's. Well worth a listen. English guy co presents.

weird hearing it referred to as "the 89" batmobile. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Thank you for these videos :)

Advertisement