Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€90 Blu Ray Player

• 31-05-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭

Saw in Tesco today LG Bd350 Blu Ray Player for €90.
    Thought it was a good price for a bluray player.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hey OP!

Can't for the life of me understand how this post hasn't generated a single response (I have only noticed this am)

seems a decent enough br player to me, gets great reviews and is actually cheaper than amazon are selling it for!

Been meaning to get a blu ray player for years now! Thanks for heads up!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d.html/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1275459378&a=B002K0LF66&sr=8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

There have been no responses because it was mentioned before over a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

to be fair he has stated its 90 euro not the 100 euro in the op. i got the player for 90 euro well worth it but had to update firmware to play avatar but worth it in the end . for 90 euro it aint bad but not many connections at back.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

got a Sony player in xtravision few month back. wow talk about slow loading.
    hopefully it has better performance than the Sony.

way better then the sony for loading time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Well it was marked as 150 100 90, so I wouldnt be suprised if it was posted before. Although there is the BDP3000-PHILIPS BLU RAY DVD PLAYER which i saw DID doing for €100.
    http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/Product/BDP3000PHILIPS%20BLU%20RAY%20DVD%20PLAYER/17328/255
    and the BDP 2500 Power City are doing for €100
    http://www.powercity.ie/?action=&par=10-15&cat=DVD+%2C+Blu-ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

to be fair he has stated its 90 euro not the 100 euro in the op. i got the player for 90 euro well worth it but had to update firmware to play avatar but worth it in the end . for 90 euro it aint bad but not many connections at back.
    what is it like with playing back ordinary dvd's.? how do you do firmware update?

updated it using usb stick , haven't played dvds on it yet , but have used usb slot for playing avi's and it looked pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭galwayfellaBETA

I just bought one and it seems that it cannot be made multi region....... firmware 8 or something prevents this...... its going back to Tescos tomorrow.

I also can see two USB sticks I have here but not a WD USB harddrive.

My antique DVD play just gave up the ghost and I purchased this.....not being a great follower of all things techie, I didn't even stop to consider the 'region'. I CAN NOT believe that people still have to deal with this multi-regions bull****...... people do travel, people do live in different countries at different times.... when will this crap just end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

Possedion wrote: »
    got a Sony player in xtravision few month back. wow talk about slow loading.
    hopefully it has better performance than the Sony.
    the rewind is very slow though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I just bought one and it seems that it cannot be made multi region....... firmware 8 or something prevents this...... its going back to Tescos tomorrow.

I also can see two USB sticks I have here but not a WD USB harddrive.

My antique DVD play just gave up the ghost and I purchased this.....not being a great follower of all things techie, I didn't even stop to consider the 'region'. I CAN NOT believe that people still have to deal with this multi-regions bull****...... people do travel, people do live in different countries at different times.... when will this crap just end!

It will end when the world has only one economy, and its controlled by the seven giant companies who are slowly taking over the world.
    J. Corr :D

Advertisement