Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold weather on the way

• 24-05-2010 2:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

A bit of a shock to the system is coming. Whilst there was a hint of Summer this weekend - it will come to a dramatic and frustrating end.

How about single figure max temperatures for the start of June? That is on the horizon but for the immediate future the weather will be cooling by the day. It is going to get cold - so wrap up. At least that is what the synoptic evolution suggests at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

why are you telling us this?
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

awww........i've been working all weekend :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

digme wrote: »
    why are you telling us this?
    :mad:

That is what is coming. I can't do anything about it.

cant u wave a magic wand ???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

your ruining my buzz man :p

• Advertisement

so the sun will b shining at 11am ???:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Rtavn841.png

This chart says it all really. Turning cold. BUT tomorrow will be sunny and very warm in the southern half of the country. Temp up to 25C. After that..... pffft....say goodbye to the barbeque.

Once again we see the pressure rise to the North and this will have a detremental effect on us.

gonna race 2 get me hot pants on ........n then drive to Wexford :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Boo cold. F*ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

single figure max temps?? seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Looks like he was right. Look out the window! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Lucky I'm going to the south of France on friday . . .and that Enya has stopped in order to let me go!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

But will it bring any wind?
    2010 has been a poor year for wind so far.
    Not good for windsurfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Darkman will you ever feck off to your fridge or something. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snow for coleraine then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hopefully ;)

Lucky I'm going to the south of France on friday . . .and that Enya has stopped in order to let me go!!!

Ive been in Nice since last weekend (For the Monaco GP), been glourious this last week, 23-25c, with a nice breeze off the sea. I started my travels in Italy/Sardinia/Corsica in April, where we had the worst weather in may ever recorded for Italy. in 3 weeks, think we had 3 sunny days, so this is a welcome change. Infact its so nice here in Nice, will be hard to leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

wooohooo!!!! think I am the only person in the world who hates summer, roll on cold :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Is the sun coming out today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Sun is shining in the midlands. :) Blue sky with scattered white clouds. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

It not all bad this is what M.T. had to say

NEXT WEEKEND is now looking quite warm again as a southwest flow returns. Highs should be around or above 20 C. This warmth may last through Monday the 31st and then some showers are indicated for June 1st.

Hope he is right !

snaps wrote: »
    Ive been in Nice since last weekend (For the Monaco GP), been glourious this last week, 23-25c, with a nice breeze off the sea. I started my travels in Italy/Sardinia/Corsica in April, where we had the worst weather in may ever recorded for Italy. in 3 weeks, think we had 3 sunny days, so this is a welcome change. Infact its so nice here in Nice, will be hard to leave!

Was in Nice last october, its so nice, especially in spring and autumn, when its not too warm, but not too cool either . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Was in Nice last october, its so nice, especially in spring and autumn, when its not too warm, but not too cool either . .

its rubbish there alot of burgalers its crap i hate it, theres nothing to do either. We had a max of 13c today after 25c yesterday and its only 11c now!:eek: I hate this weather its not going to be like that again for like 20 days or something really long like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

owenc wrote: »
    its rubbish there alot of burgalers its crap i hate it, theres nothing to do either. We had a max of 13c today after 25c yesterday and its only 11c now!:eek: I hate this weather its not going to be like that again for like 20 days or something really long like that!

You live in Ireland (whether you like it or not), what do you expect? Wall to wall sunshine? Where have you been the last 3 years?

irishdub14 wrote: »
    You live in Ireland (whether you like it or not), what do you expect? Wall to wall sunshine? Where have you been the last 3 years?

you should go back to bed. It was 25c yesterday and 13c today shurly that is going to be cold.

irishdub14 wrote: »

Nice maybe by the sound of it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

any idea what its going to be like on sunday in dublin? im heading to leopardstown and dont want to get wet

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭pauldry

why is every1 obsessed with nice all of a sudden?

as owenc correctly points out wer out of this warm weather for 20days or so

still we might tip 20c a couple of times in the meantime but this week till the weekend is gettin colder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

pauldry wrote: »
    why is every1 obsessed with nice all of a sudden?
    After a ****e winter, we just want a bit of heat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I knew it was going to get colder this week but single figures!?

Snow in June anyone? :pac:

well we only got to 9.9c today in wall to wall sunshine! That is a discrace in may.

After a ****e winter, we just want a bit of heat!

not in france anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The good news is that the latest ECM sets us up for a repeat of last years June bank holiday:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Birdnuts wrote: »
    The good news is that the latest ECM sets us up for a repeat of last years June bank holiday:)

im praying for this! I live in leixlip and the leixlip festival is on over the bank holiday, we had great weather last yr and it was the best 4 days ive had in the town.

and is that 25c again?? for 3 weeks or something not Four days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    and is that 25c again?? for 3 weeks or something not Four days!

We need some serious rain at this stage; everything is turning to dust. I won't say no to another warm spell but please let us have a decent drop of rain before hand if even just for the gardens. To date, I have recorded less rain in the whole of 2010 so far than I did in one month in November last.

Total ridiculous at this stage. :(:(:(

We need some serious rain at this stage; everything is turning to dust. I won't say no to another warm spell but please let us have a decent drop of rain before hand if even just for the gardens. To date, I have recorded less rain in the whole of 2010 so far than I did in one month in November last.

Well i haven't had much rain either but its not a drought everything is fine here, we had rain about 3/4 weeks ago. I hate it i hope it stays away i'll be fine without it. When does it get dark at 11.30pm and bright at 2.30?

Serious growth restrictions in all grass and tillage fields at the moment . . .

owenc, we got nearly 20C today . . more than 9.9 anyway!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Saturday looks pretty wet for most according to the latest fax charts from the UK MetO

Serious growth restrictions in all grass and tillage fields at the moment . . .

owenc, we got nearly 20C today . . more than 9.9 anyway!!!

you were just about under the high pressure 8c for tomorrow!!

• Advertisement

Saturday looks pretty wet for most according to the latest fax charts from the UK MetO

NOOOOOO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

DE you hoping for a storm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

delw wrote: »
    DE you hoping for a storm ;)

Yep :o

Did anyone else spot these all too rare altocumulus clouds in the late afternoon today? (image attached). The sort of clouds that would herald a thunderstorm normally,

but not so this time! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Yep :o

Did anyone else spot these all too rare altocumulus clouds in the late afternoon today? (image attached). The sort of clouds that would herald a thunderstorm normally,

but not so this time! :mad:

Yes! I saw these on the way home from work. I didn't have a camera to take a photo. They looked like ghosts :D Very cool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Totally agree.

I just want rain, fields are starting to burn in some places from the thirst. I don't care if it gets a bit cold or too warm once it rains but the heat and no rain is just a disaster and cold weather is no make up either with no rain....

Rain, Rain come and stay (within reason)
    Water the ground then go away (but not for too long)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

we must be just lucky because the grass is growing fine here.
    anyway it looks like over the coming day those who want rain will see some.

Min wrote: »
    Totally agree.

I just want rain, fields are starting to burn in some places from the thirst. I don't care if it gets a bit cold or too warm once it rains but the heat and no rain is just a disaster and cold weather is no make up either with no rain....

Rain, Rain come and stay (within reason)
    Water the ground then go away (but not for too long)

We'll have enough rain in July and August, jeez, what is it with this country, a few weeks of relatively dry weather and we start screaming about drought! :rolleyes:
    Cant wait to hear the complaining when the floods come! :rolleyes:

Cherrycola wrote: »
    We'll have enough rain in July and August, jeez, what is it with this country, a few weeks of relatively dry weather and we start screaming about drought! :rolleyes:

To be honest the whole year has been dry? Very dry winter and Spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Cherrycola wrote: »

It is not just a few weeks of dry weather, it has been a dry winter and spring, the only major precipitation events since the November rains around here has been the two blizzard events - January and March, highly unusual.

Rain won't be much good to me in July and August if there was to be no rain in the next few days, crops that have been sown needs water and grass growth has been very poor.

Met Eireann have been a disgrace in my opinion, on the farming forecast they talked about growth being restricted due to the soil moisture deficits, then this morning on the 7:55am used 'I'm afraid' when announcing rain is due for Saturday, I would be afraid if there was no rain in sight.
    I have very dry land and it can take lots of rain, it needs it very badly now.

I don't get flooded, snowed in - yes, iced in - yes, full blunt of storms - yes, heat - yes, floods - no.......I just see the rain running off to join a stream to join a river to join the Nore to maybe flood parts of the Thomastown area........

But why complain so much about it?! How is that going to change the weather?

Water the lawn if its going brown, which in itself is weird, because i havent seen any scorched, dry dusty gardens or fields since i moved home from the Middle East last year!
    If anything my bloody lawn wont stop growing, im mowing it every other week! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement