Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-05-2010, 11:07   #1
pauldry

Warmer weather on way?

Certainly at present post May 18th looks like the temperatures will creep up for a few days and we may get 20c

This will bring up the low May mean temperature significantly
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-05-2010, 13:05   #2
jambofc

look's like there will be plenty of rain with the higher temp's but
can only get better than at the min,very heavy rain/hail shower's a strong wind and freezing cold.
oh here's dreaming of even a half decent summer.........
13-05-2010, 09:53   #3
jambofc

if it stays dry this look's good,i no it's a week away and the charts are struggling even a couple of days out but we can all dream

13-05-2010, 16:09   #4
lucy2010

Whats the chancesof sunny & warm on Sunday & then the same again on Tuesday ...Communion & birthday party so need fine weather....
13-05-2010, 22:00   #5
alibabba

Ken Ring said last two weeks of may to be belters. Temp to move up into 20s so watch this space
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2010, 21:17   #6
owenc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibabba View Post
Ken Ring said last two weeks of may to be belters. Temp to move up into 20s so watch this space
yep 21c for here next friday which will more than likely be at least 23c its always wrong!!
14-05-2010, 22:20   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
yep 21c for here next friday which will more than likely be at least 23c its always wrong!!

I'm beginning to doubt the credibility of your thermometer owen . . .
14-05-2010, 22:46   #8

Will be nice to feel some warmer weather that is due in next week, but in terms of anything exciting weatherwise, then the drabness just goes on. This really has to be the most boring year for weather I have ever lived through, and that is saying something after the debacle of the last few years. Ok, some half impressive low temps at the beginning of the year but there is more to weather than just temperatures. Active weather has all but stopped since November 2009 imo. Any frontal zones that have struggled since then have been weak, pointless affairs. Any showers seem to lack a certain punch. Strong winds have become a thing of the past, all we get now is just a nagging polar maritime breeze that just adds the general ugliness of the skies, today being a perfect example of that .

If the 2nd half of this year is stormy, wet and violent, I will happy, just so long as it more pleasant and warmer than currently. I don't mind cold weather, but this half arsed crap we just seem to be constantly getting is beginning to bug me out a little.

Rant over!
Thanks from:
14-05-2010, 23:15   #9
compsys

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldry View Post
Certainly at present post May 18th looks like the temperatures will creep up for a few days and we may get 20c

This will bring up the low May mean temperature significantly
We'd need a Mediterranean-style heat wave at this stage to bring up the mean temps in the Dublin area to anywhere close to the May median average. Dublin Airport is almost 3.5 degrees below the May median and we're now half-way through the month: though I'm still convinced there's something going on at this station.
Advertisement
14-05-2010, 23:24   #10
pauldry

Im with you Deep Easterly. Wheres the excitement.

Often for some reason the months of Spring are boring though - dont know why - maybe the Highs just hover around near us then in Summer we either get heat(1995,2003) or rain(2007,2008,2009) or in the odd year banalness (1989)

Prob liven up in the 2nd half though. Starting with a mini warm spell next week
15-05-2010, 07:15   #11
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Easterly View Post
Will be nice to feel some warmer weather that is due in next week, but in terms of anything exciting weatherwise, then the drabness just goes on. This really has to be the most boring year for weather I have ever lived through, and that is saying something after the debacle of the last few years. Ok, some half impressive low temps at the beginning of the year but there is more to weather than just temperatures. Active weather has all but stopped since November 2009 imo. Any frontal zones that have struggled since then have been weak, pointless affairs. Any showers seem to lack a certain punch. Strong winds have become a thing of the past, all we get now is just a nagging polar maritime breeze that just adds the general ugliness of the skies, today being a perfect example of that .

If the 2nd half of this year is stormy, wet and violent, I will happy, just so long as it more pleasant and warmer than currently. I don't mind cold weather, but this half arsed crap we just seem to be constantly getting is beginning to bug me out a little.

Rant over!

Bizarre attitude and quite scary. Maybe a new hobby is needed? Car racing? something with real excitement. while we bask in warm dry still weather that grows crops we need for food and which we love! Weather to rest and grow in without any worries so we can get on with more important things than mopping up floods etc.

Clearing up after bad weather is the most boring and futile and wasteful thing there is!
Thanks from:
15-05-2010, 07:53   #12
Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibabba View Post
Yeah, I heard him on Matt Cooper a while back, I have it marked on my calender, two good weeks from Sunday, we'll see if he's right
15-05-2010, 08:59   #13
Trogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graces7 View Post
Bizarre attitude and quite scary. Maybe a new hobby is needed? Car racing? something with real excitement. while we bask in warm dry still weather that grows crops we need for food and which we love! Weather to rest and grow in without any worries so we can get on with more important things than mopping up floods etc.

Clearing up after bad weather is the most boring and futile and wasteful thing there is!
The more extreme types of weather are our real excitement though, if we change hobby the weather isn't going to stop it will continue being violent or calm whether we're watching or not.

This is off topic though, it does look like the warmth is coming at last
GFS is progging temps up to 22C in the midlands by Thursday although this could still change

Attached Images
File Type: png Rtavn13817.png (42.6 KB, 1193 views)
Thanks from:
15-05-2010, 10:54   #14
owenc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor View Post
The more extreme types of weather are our real excitement though, if we change hobby the weather isn't going to stop it will continue being violent or calm whether we're watching or not.

This is off topic though, it does look like the warmth is coming at last
GFS is progging temps up to 22C in the midlands by Thursday although this could still change

looks like i'll be the warmest here again. but not in the uk as the sun is stronger this time so the stupid south east will win again!!!
15-05-2010, 11:54   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
looks like i'll be the warmest here again. but not in the uk as the sun is stronger this time so the stupid south east will win again!!!

No it doesn't. The chart clearly shows that the midlands stretching up towards the north will be 22 degrees, but closer to the coast (i.e. Coleraine) will be cooler.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion