Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Warm and Sunny, much colder later

• 10-04-2010 2:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

Looks like the warm weather with good Sunshine will last throughout the week. Warmest on west coasts with temperatures typically 16 - 19C in sunshine. Much cooler East coasts - around 10 - 13C in a freshening Easterly wind. This situation should remain like this till Thursday or Friday next week. So very pleasant and not much cloud really, if any, most of the time. Just a gentle, later brisk Easterly wind. Dry aswell.

However things will be turning colder from next weekend and there is the risk of wintry weather at that stage as High Pressure moves into Greenland. But that's a long way off. Enjoy next week. Summer at times:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

woke up yesterday and this morning to the sun illuminating the bedroom,jumped out of bed full of the joys of spring,by the time i walked the dogs and got back the low cloud has streamed in and it's just plain dull :(

cant believe were going back to cold again had enough of freezing me arse off in my workshop,charts look like its coming all right

Rtavn13217.png

6c by thursday lunchtime on the east coast :eek:

edit;cloud breaking up nicely today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

17.6c in Sligo today think it was 19c in Claremorris. More like June or July.

Yeah unfortunately next week(end) looks decidedly dodgy and single figures once again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

A battleground situation between very cold and very mild is coming next weekend. Winter's last attack so to speak. Heavy Rain, Sleet and Snow seems likely atm but it is a long way out. Still, I suspect Winter has not left our shores just yet.

A situation much like the snow storm last week for much of the country cannot be ruled out.

I suspected the inevitable outcome was retrogression of this high pressure into Greenland - the outcome is certain to be cold or very cold. The models are currently firming up on this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

darkman2 wrote: »
    A battleground situation between very cold and very mild is coming next weekend. Winter's last attack so to speak. Heavy Rain, Sleet and Snow seems likely atm but it is a long way out. Still, I suspect Winter has not left our shores just yet.

A situation much like the snow storm last week for much of the country cannot be ruled out.

I suspected the inevitable outcome was retrogression of this high pressure into Greenland - the outcome is certain to be cold or very cold. The models are currently firming up on this situation.

You are having a laugh , right?

Derek

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

derekon wrote: »

Derek

its hardly going to snow like that again.. and the coldest we are getting is 9c.. that aint cold.. sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Well I say it's possible, I remember I had a heavy snow shower sometime in the middle of April about 3 or 4 years ago but nothing major, however I just can't see us having another snowstorm like we had a couple weeks ago till next winter at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

One April day in 1995 it was 19c or close to it before noon, by 6pm there was lying snow on the hills around here... anything is possible - even into May.

derekon wrote: »

Derek

No. Simply observing the models. The risk is decreasing but still there. It will be turning colder though - that is certain enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Do you mean this coming weekend or the weekend after?

snaps wrote: »
    Do you mean this coming weekend or the weekend after?

Coming weekend. Down to single figures again:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

yes cold for weekend but www.wetterzentrale.de has longer range showing high residing close to or over ireland for most of April (later runs may change this)

Dont think temps will reach the peaks of weekend again in April more like 10c to 15c. Weekend will be 5c to 9c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Please God no more snow, had enough of it, the warm weather is like a piece of heaven right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

please snowgods give us one more shot of winter. don't lynch me people please:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

please snowgods give us one more shot of winter. don't lynch me people please:p

I know where you live...violent-smiley-1370.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Move along, nothing to see here (except the bloody corpse of nacho libre)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

nacho hope u get your snow ;),me id like some thunder&lightning but we can always hope:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

delw wrote: »
    me id like some thunder&lightning but we can always hope:)

+1
    I was in a restaraunt on top of a hill in Italy at the weekend and first the lights went off then the whole building shook with thunder, aw man the adrenelin was flowing. I was like a child at the window for the next ten minutes watching the show!:D
    More of that please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

+1
    I was in a restaraunt on top of a hill in Italy at the weekend and first the lights went off then the whole building shook with thunder, aw man the adrenelin was flowing. I was like a child at the window for the next ten minutes watching the show!:D
    More of that please!
    sounds good redsteveireland,right place,right time,fingers crossed we get similar (or better) at times this summer season,thunder&lighting is so fascinating

believe it or not i do like a good lightning show myself. the last great thunderstorm i recall was in May 2001. i think a front came up from Biscay resulting in 90 minutes of spectacular fork lightning all over the sky. hopefully something like that can happen again this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like cold plunge isn't going to amount to much really - 10-12C for many and then temps picking up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

mike65 wrote: »
    Looks like cold plunge isn't going to amount to much really - 10-12C for many and then temps picking up.

6c actually for here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

owenc wrote: »
    6c actually for here..

is it not slashing up there :)

sorry couldnt resist,you just leave youreslef open bud

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

believe it or not i do like a good lightning show myself. the last great thunderstorm i recall was in May 2001. i think a front came up from Biscay resulting in 90 minutes of spectacular fork lightning all over the sky. hopefully something like that can happen again this year!

My turn to speak re lynching!!

If that happens will you come here and cope with collie? She totally freaks out in thunder and it is appalling to see.

I used to like storms too, but not any more. Her heart will give out one day.

We had three days of thunder last summer. Dreadful time.

Graces7 wrote: »

If that happens will you come here and cope with collie? She totally freaks out in thunder and it is appalling to see.

Yes, my uncle's dog went missing during a bad thunderstorm last July. Still, you can't beat a good loud storm! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

same happens to a friend's dog - they ended up getting some tranquillisers from the vet to give her :(

Yes, my uncle's dog went missing during a bad thunderstorm last July. Still, you can't beat a good loud storm! :)

So did this collie. She broke down one door and had a good go at another trying to find me. And was missing 11 days.

Have pity!

She is precious to us.

same happens to a friend's dog - they ended up getting some tranquillisers from the vet to give her :(

They were lucky; even after she had been vomiting three days in terror no vet would prescribe them. We tried three. " We don't give sedatives to dogs"

We felt like asking our dr for valium - for us :rolleyes:

We use a couple of piriton or gravol, but it does little to help.

If they are thunder phobic to that degree, only strong meds will help.

Have pity!

She is precious to us.

I have pity, and I love dogs. I know many dogs are terrified of thunder, so am I, but I love a good storm all the same. Hide the dog under the stairs or some other enclosed room the next time a storm hits.

I have pity, and I love dogs. I know many dogs are terrified of thunder, so am I, but I love a good storm all the same. Hide the dog under the stairs or some other enclosed room the next time a storm hits.

put some padding around the door though. well, i like storms, but obviously i don't like to see animals suffer because of it. anyway the weather will do what it intends regardless of any of our wishes. my dog starts to yelp if thunder is on the way and is desperate to get inside. so on these occasions i make an exception and let him come in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement