Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Weekend and Next Week: Cool, showery at first/ Wet, Windy Monday and Tuesday/ >Drier

• 03-04-2010 3:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The weather for this week looks pretty straight forward and benign - nothing too unsettled or spectacular expected and by the end of next week it looks like sunnier and much milder weather may take hold introducing Spring allbeit belatedly late.

It will be cool and showery today and tomorrow with scattered rain and hail showers. Temperatures will range 7 or 8C generally and a light northwest wind generally will make it feel pleasant in any sunshine. Tonight will be cold though with temperatures down to -3 or -4C so frost is likely.

Monday and Tuesday look like wet and windy days. The rain may be heavy but should mostly be moderate or light in a strong Southwesterly wind. Milder - temperatures generally into double figures around 10 or 11C but it will be quite dull and overcast.

From then on temperatures will be picking up and the weather will finally start to settle down as High Pressure builds in. A southeasterly breeze is likely toward midweek onward and things will be getting noticeably milder by day. Whilst not wall to wall sunshine on the cards it should still feel very pleasant in comparison to the Winter just gone. Temperatures could get up to 14 or 15C in some places so a real improvement but frosts are still likely at night particularly toward the end of next week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Encouraging trend on the ECM this evening:

109710.gif

Too far away for it to be any nailed on but pleasantly warm days (if breezy at times), with nights still a bit on the chilly side, should that chart verify. Possible quite hazy too at at times, depending on how deeply continental the flow is sourced.

Fingers & toes crossed! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Yes, there is good agreement for HP to build in. My only "concern" is for possible retrogression of the high pressure into Greenland which in turn means back to a Northerly, cold, showery regime. But that would be a long way out. Later next week looking very pleasant at this stage.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Later next week looking very pleasant at this stage.

And still the latest model runs hold onto this idea:

109762.gif

After the warm rain that is promised over the next couple of days, and hopefully some proper spring temps to follow, then hopefully some proper colour will begin to show itself over the hills and bogs of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

wow its been raining since about 4pm in claregalway its actually got heavier in last hour walked german shepard around 7pm unreal wet its got worse:eek: its now 1am and its brutal wet out, glad i have monday off night all weather people :)

UKMO tonight keeping up the trend of some real blissful weather setting in towards the weekend:

109900.gif

Could be still a bit breezy (will be handy for mopping up some of the current saturation) at times with the possibility of coastal murk but in general, looks quite pleasant with temps finally recovering to enjoyable spring values. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

yay sunshine tomorrow at last!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

:D I've rarely heard of such hopeful forecasts for 14 degree temps in all my life! Though I know there's quite a lot of people who really need a break with higher ground temperatures.

:D I've rarely heard of such hopeful forecasts for 14 degree temps in all my life! Though I know there's quite a lot of people who really need a break with higher ground temperatures.

we got 15c here today! but i was away.. so i just experienced 10c temps and it was lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

well after a cold windy weekend it started raining last night and is still raining buckets,garden flooded again my team havnt played in two weeks because of pitches being unplayable and none of the hot air balloons even got of the ground dureing the festival....
    roll on later in the week for some of this dry warmer weather

jambofc wrote: »
    well after a cold windy weekend it started raining last night and is still raining buckets,garden flooded again my team havnt played in two weeks because of pitches being unplayable and none of the hot air balloons even got of the ground dureing the festival....
    roll on later in the week for some of this dry warmer weather

what festivale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Heard the morning forecast and was almost gobsmacked to hear JB mention the possibility of the "mid to high teens" - I was in SF and LA this time last year, and thats exactly what it was there. California weather (southern at that) in Ireland in early April?

I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Not quite so seasonal :) just as well it's only FIh850t850eu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Not quite so seasonal :) just as well it's only FIh850t850eu.png

nature's sense of humor at play again if that comes off- we would go from t-shirts back to coats...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

thats exactly what mother would do mind:(

Advertisement