Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

March 31st - Heavy showers (some wintry and thundery)

• 31-03-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Reports of snow or thunderstorms in here please. I closed the other thread as it was getting to long and straying off topic. Can we keep this for a discussion of weather conditions only please here. If anyone wants to discuss anything else please start a new thread:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snowing and sunny at the same time here. Only in Ireland! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Any snowbows Deep?

Cloudy with the sun peeking through here and the odd gust of wind.

snow ghost wrote: »
    Any snowbows Deep?

Cloudy with the sun peeking through here and the odd gust of wind.

Not that I can see. Cleared through now but there is a really bitching black looking shower just over the Mayo border that might head this way. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bently

A couple of hailstone showers,then a little rain,followed by bright sunshine,............near Listowel..........lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Yes some nice humdingers in there alright, the first of the April showery activity. Some very steep mid-upper lapse rates, with cold temperatures throughout and dry mid levels ensuring strong updrafts and decent hail and sleet/snow.

Activity should be confined to western and northern coastal counties by dark though as insolation stops.

2010033112.03953.skewt.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I'm gazing left (east)out the office window - sunny blue skies, looking right (west) big black cloud which will probably dump it's contents on me as I cycle home in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Su Campu wrote: »
    Activity should be confined to western and northern coastal counties by dark though as insolation stops.

2010033112.03953.skewt.gif

yes, which is a pity as we might have had some accumulations by night.

Satanic looking Mayo shower bearing down fast:

DSC02335.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭davehey79

absolutely bucketing down hailstones here in longford now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,013 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snow shower in Newcastle Co.Dublin

• Advertisement

Violent hail storm now:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edit: easing to moderate rain. Hmmph.

Edit *2 eerie thunder glow now although rain is easing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Violent hail storm now:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edit: easing to moderate rain. Hmmph.

Is that you in the white box DE? Looks like some red spots in there alright, it's mushroomed in the last 30 minutes. The next couple of hours should see more of those around the country, then falling off as the evening draws on.

109337.JPG

Su Campu wrote: »
    Is that you in the white box DE? Looks like some red spots in there alright, it's mushroomed in the last 30 minutes. The next couple of hours should see more of those around the country, then falling off as the evening draws on.

109337.JPG

Yap Su, that would have been the first shower I got around 30 mins ago, the one just inside the Mayo border is what I am getting now. Has eased up big time although the most intense part of the shower seems to be slipping around a mile to my SW at the moment. Very black down there at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Met Eireann giving a band of showers to cross the country tonight:

Tonight

Mainly dry and clear at first tonight. However a band of showers will cross the country from the west as the night goes on, turning to snow in a few places. Cold and fairly windy at times too, with lowest temperatures -3 to +2 degrees, coldest in the north, with a slight frost in places.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

Heavy snow here in Kilcullen, 7.2C and falling...it was sunny not 10 minutes ago!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

thundersnow!!:D

just heard a crack of thunder.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

sunny here in cork, but we had a blizzard of hail earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hail shower passing by in a hurry.

• Very heavy snow shower here just west of Arklow.
    Big thick fluffy flakes that gave a white layer to grass and roofs very quickly in a gusty wind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

ok.. so i left three hours ago.. drove along the road to i got to the forest.. then i began walking up it... i got 3/5 of the way up and the snow was 1.5foot upto my knees by the time i wouldve got to the top there wouldve been 4 or 5 foot...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

just wondering guys, is this the end of the major snow warning, will anything else just be a scattered wintry shower?

had nothing this morning even though is snowed for a good bit of yesterday, didn't stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Gone really dark here, thunder & lightning, hail and wind picking up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Heavy snow shower here at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Gone really dark here, thunder & lightning, hail and wind picking up too.
    It didn't last long, cloud breaking and sun. Weather is all over the place today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Had a snow shower which lasted about 10 mins, stopped now and the suns back out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

snowjon wrote: »
    Heavy snow shower here at the moment :D

that's close by! rain/hailstones in belfast at the moment only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Wow... some amazing pictures of the north there on RTE News, unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

heavy sleet shower here in the last 10mins, lasted about 5mins.... very wet tho... theres alot of dark clouds heading towards dublin atm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

heavy snow shower here in monaghan town lasted about 10mins but has covered everything heaviest ive seen in a long time wasnt even this heavy yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

gorgeous evening in Clare - sunshine, blue skies, light breeze and a spot of high white cloud...

Advertisement