Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaticon SF4 tournament 28th of March UCD

Options
  • 13-01-2010 1:53am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

The organisers of UCD's Vaticon have been in contact with me about a Street Fighter tournament at their event.

Details so far are sketchy but it will be held on the weekend of the 26th of March.

They're looking to run it on XBox and want to use our ruleset and involve us in the running of the competition.

They're also wondering if anyone would possibly be able to bring their own machines a la Lanparty.

It's possible some help would be needed to help run it too.

I'll keep you updated with information as I receive it.

**********************UPDATE******************************

Entry fee to Vaticon is €8 so we'll be charging €5 for the comp, which will all go to prize money. May be only top two as it's likely to be a lower pot than normal, but that's not a definite yet.

The main issue we need addressed ASAP is who can bring consoles and TVs/Screens as they are not sure how many spare they will have for us.

Usual rules for the competition apply:

- Use of Turbo/Auto Fire is prohibited.
    - Use of Programmable Controllers/Macros is prohibited.
    - All characters are selectable.
    - Matches will be best 2/3 and set to 3 rounds.
    - You may only change character directly after a loss in a best - 2/3 set, but can pick any character you want at the start of any set. (Blind select can be provided if requested)
    - It'll be groups into double-elim and the seedings of our RanBats will be used for the group stages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Quality. Could be able to help with the bringing of a machine as buses from my house go straight to UCD (depending on the time of the tournament).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

For a second I misread the thread title as SFIV Vatican tournament.:o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Quality. Could be able to help with the bringing of a machine as buses from my house go straight to UCD (depending on the time of the tournament).

Gent and a scholar.

Could be really good for us to get new players at gaming cons. Gaelcon could have gone better, but no use crying over spilt and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm within spitting distance of UCD, and if free on the day I'd be happy to cart my xbox and lcd down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That'd be cool.

I've no problem bringing an X-box but I can't bring a telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Sounds fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Xluna wrote: »
    For a second I misread the thread title as SFIV Vatican tournament.:o

You wouldn't be the first!:pac:

I'm the person who got in touch with Doctor Doom about Vaticon,I staffed at Gaelcon and I'm in charge of video games at Vaticon.So,if you've any questions,throw them this way!

The amount of interest here is great,as is the willingness to loan stuff for the tournament.A final timetable hasn't been decided yet,but once I know you will.:)

So,has anyone here run tournaments before?We've had SSBB tournaments at Vatcion before and the crowd there have largely sorted themselves out with rulesets and brackets and such.It's worked out really well in the past for them and I'd rather not bugger it up for you lot by getting overly involved.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Our rulesets are pretty lax anyway.
    • Custom button configs/controllers allowed.
    • No turbo settings.
    • All characters allowed (even Seth).
    • Best 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
      OR
    • Best 3/5 rounds, 1 match
    • Double Elimination preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Our rulesets are pretty lax anyway.
    • Custom button configs/controllers allowed.
    • No turbo settings.
    • All characters allowed (even Seth).
    • Best 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
      OR
    • Best 3/5 rounds, 1 match
    • Double Elimination preferred.
    3/5 rounds suck the marrow from the bone..........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I have no issues with bringing my xbox and display, but would need some method of transport.

Actually, I can bring my xbox and projector if there's room to set one up. Be easier to bring on public transport than my monitor :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Does it have to be on 360, why not ps3 as well? (or pc even)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Why no custom button configurations? I couldn't play without my setup

lazlo wrote: »

He said they're allowed.

Btw what setup do you use anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 johnnybluez

i dont have an xbox but im more than interested in checking it out ;)
    ucd is it? :D:D

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Does it have to be on 360, why not ps3 as well? (or pc even)

Well, one would assume they don't have any. :)

lazlo wrote: »

You just misread. The thing I said was one of the most important was freedom to use custom button configurations/ choice of controller.
    i dont have an xbox but im more than interested in checking it out ;)
    ucd is it? :D:D

You don't have to bring one to come. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    He said they're allowed.

Btw what setup do you use anyway?

Oh cool, my apologies then!

My setup isn't outlandish. I have a madcatz fightpad and have the face buttons bound as lP, mP & 3xP as the top set of face buttons and the same order for my kicks below. My left shoulder button is focus attack and the eight shoulder is throw. I only use this setup for bison. For blank, ryu, amu
    a etc I have to change this config(for obvious reasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

:confused:
    Why not standard LP/MP/HP top, LK/MK/HK bottom, 3P/3K shoulders?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im well up for this, Ill help run it too if thats ok? I can bring my xbox and a stick along for whoever wants to use it! :)
    Just... I dunno where ucd is xD

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be in Dublin for the next two weekends, I think a 3rd is pushing it! I may come up, I'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Wow,the level of interest here is fantastic,it really is!UCD isn't too hard to get to.The 10 route goes right into the college while the 46/a and 145 stop just outside it.They're all very frequent.

The reason why we're limiting it to the 360 is a logistics one,we don't have enough TVs and space to accommodate a tournament on all 3 formats so we've decided to limit it to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

^^^ Cheers for the bus numbers!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Wow,the level of interest here is fantastic,it really is!UCD isn't too hard to get to.The 10 route goes right into the college while the 46/a and 145 stop just outside it.They're all very frequent.

The reason why we're limiting it to the 360 is a logistics one,we don't have enough TVs and space to accommodate a tournament on all 3 formats so we've decided to limit it to one.

*looks at location*
    CLARE? Another Clare SF player :eek: Great, there goes my gimmick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Once ye have all the details, give me a shout (newspost on eSports.ie) :)

DooM - how do we become as 'known' as you - you're the go-to guy with event news it seems :D

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Once ye have all the details, give me a shout (newspost on eSports.ie) :)

DooM - how do we become as 'known' as you - you're the go-to guy with event news it seems :D

It's hard being as awesome as I am Sabes, but someone has to do it.

But I'm not saying there should be just as many ps3s and PC's as 360's I'm wondering of one of the spots taken up by a 360 can be replaced by a ps3 or PC?

Its not my fault a 360 doesn't accept a ps3 pad or a PS3 a 360 pad, but a PC/laptop accepts both. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Jim wrote: »
    I have no issues with bringing my xbox and display, but would need some method of transport.

Actually, I can bring my xbox and projector if there's room to set one up. Be easier to bring on public transport than my monitor :pac:

You have a projector? Where's the Street Fighter House Party Tournaments with a big screen and everything?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

In fairness using more than one format is a logistical nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You have a projector? Where's the Street Fighter House Party Tournaments with a big screen and everything?! ;)
    Dregin has declared no street fighter nerds plz :/

I hate that guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

The Tap sucks though! Seomra Spraoi!

Advertisement