Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVGN does Street Fighter...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Never really liked AVGN. He just comes across as kinda....pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thats real good, history lesson wise

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    thats real good, history lesson wise

He's been doing that alot lately, the skits are taking second place to actual information.

Quite enjoyed it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Like him or not, one thing can't be denied: the AVGN is a truly hardcore gamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Jim wrote: »

That's the caricature he's portraying,it's intended. James Rolfe makes plenty of other video,minus his AVGN persona. Such as classic movie reviews on cinemassacre.
    I liked this review. The inclusion of SF I and Final Fight broke it up nicely. He did'nt seem to be aware that the arcade version of Street fighter I was exactly as bad as the PC Engine version. The main game, SF 2010, looked a pretty good game.

• Advertisement

Xluna wrote: »
    That's the caricature he's portraying,it's intended. James Rolfe makes plenty of other video,minus his AVGN persona. Such as classic movie reviews on cinemassacre.
    I liked this review. The inclusion of SF I and Final Fight broke it up nicely. He did'nt seem to be aware that the arcade version of Street fighter I was exactly as bad as the PC Engine version. The main game, SF 2010, looked a pretty good game.

Not that many people played SF1 in the arcades.

I seem to recall as a very young kid watching someone beating it by landing 2 c mp's per round and blocking for the rest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I find him annoying at times but ****in hell he's impressive to put the time into actually beating that **** game and probably many others similarly annoying. Plus he knows his **** and it was nice to see some of the stuff he was talking about from the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

One of my local arcades had sf1, i used to play it when i was really young. It was terrible.
    Ive never seen this show before, he must have the patience of a saint cos that 2010 game looked stupid hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Its the character I find "pathetic". His "anger" seems really put on and I don't really find his insults and outbursts that funny. There's much funnier similar reviewers out there. Although I've only ever watched a few random vids of his and I suppose he was one of the first reviewers on the net of his kind.

That game does look stupid hard though.

Its the character I find "pathetic". His "anger" seems really put on and I don't really find his insults and outbursts that funny. There's much funnier similar reviewers out there. Although I've only ever watched a few random vids of his and I suppose he was one of the first reviewers on the net of his kind.

That game does look stupid hard though.

He's changed a HUGE amount over the years. The first 20 or 30 reviews are pretty much what you said, but they've gotten alot more complex mature and funny IMO.

But I could totally understand why people wouldn't like it.

As an aside I have a part in a small game related start up and my partner actually met James Rolfe at a convention. Said he was shocked people in Ireland watched him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I personally think AVGN is great. I've been follwing his stuff for a few years now but haven't had the time to really watch some of the new ****. Really need to get around to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Wow I didnt know he still made vids. I watched a few of them a while back (2006 or 7) but always seem to come across the same ones over and over so assumed he's stopped making them.

:confused: whats funny is I'm pretty sure you were the one to introduce me to his vids, you seemed to enjoy them then :pac:

I do find his silly attempts at stringing random curses together cringy and I get the impression a lot of people find those funny (one of them being integrated into the 'intro song' ) but I generally enjoy an episode if I come across one.

I'll admit I laughed out loud at the 'you press down to shoot diagonal' part.
    bush wrote: »
    Ive never seen this show before

I remember finding this one pretty funny http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yzih_angry-video-game-nerd-michael-jacks_fun

Advertisement