Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random People on the street (C+C)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bantaman

Did you just stop people and ask to take their photos? I like the idea - couldn't do it myself though.

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Just wondering : did you ut them 'off-centre' for a reason ?
    The 1st would be my fav of the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

bantaman wrote: »
    Did you just stop people and ask to take their photos? I like the idea - couldn't do it myself though.

Well done!

Yeah, its easy enough ONCE you start doing it.. The 1st few times were a bit hard but it gets easier!
    Just wondering : did you ut them 'off-centre' for a reason ?
    The 1st would be my fav of the set.

Yeah I want to include some sort of background to show where they are and sort of what kind of environment they live in.

Yeah the 1st is my favourite as well.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I like them and the notion. Only thing is, there seems to be a green colour cast. Skin tones are off. May be white balance? Or I accidently adjusted the WB on my 40D once and didn't notice for a good while because I was shooting in RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

For me the third is the best, I prefer the more spontaneous feel it has. Also as mentioned the white balance does seem to be slightly off to me on the other three

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No.2 (nearly) for for me. Just a thought...the big format almost dictates that you present square to your subject but that's just that camera controlling the photographer. In the case of No.2: if you had stood in much the same position and had the chap in the same position but then you turned to your right (from on the spot) so the frame on the left came to somewhere between the girl with the buggy and the street bollard then the right hand frame would move further along the pink wall. Then I think the background would work in nicely to create a composition of depth. Time to play aroung with positioning and overall interesting and flattering angles perhaps?
    Square on is good but also getting on top of the camera's plane adds a whole new and subtle suggestiveness to the overall pic. Just my two cents.

Valentia wrote: »
    I like them and the notion. Only thing is, there seems to be a green colour cast. Skin tones are off. May be white balance? Or I accidently adjusted the WB on my 40D once and didn't notice for a good while because I was shooting in RAW.

1st one is fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

1 and 3 for me. I'd like to try something like this but not sure if i'd be able to!

Ah its easy enough, the hard part is actually getting used to people not wanting to or people who just completely ignore you when you approach them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

my faves are the first and second one. As a series of images they work really well too. I really like the space around each of the subjects too I think it adds interest to the photo. well done on getting out there and asking people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

#1 by far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

MY take on this .... what I see ( so my opinion -nothing else)

Ok they are all good photographs ...... :D

but only one person is really doing anything.. but that does not mean the subject choice is bad... but you need to get closer ..they are all lost in their surroundings :(

..street is about being in the face .. 6 -4 feet away .. all the classic street shots were taken in this range with either 50 or wider lens .. I use a 50mm myself, everyone has their preference.

Thing is though, you have the eye .. first 3 guys are all amazing faces, great character in them so keep going .. I'd shoot them too

4th guy .. needs to be told he isn't the bastard child of Che Guevara !!! :rolleyes:

#1 is Fajitas in 50 years time :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I like the first one but always think this kind of photo looks better in B&W. Walking stick is great, pity about the plastic bag! B&W conversion reduces the impact of the bag though. I wonder if you had stood further back with a longer lens would the guy behind him who is looking at what's going on have provided a bit of extra interest as he would be bigger in the photo?

A6C4B977EED04071821C4D3EFE588997.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dazftw wrote: »
    #1 is Fajitas in 50 years time :eek::o

lol
    I would have said a mix of #1 and #2 is Fajitas in 50 years time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I think 3 actually works best for meas an off centre composition, although I think I'd try and go for the full figure, although maybe not, depends on how more busy that would have made the scene. He's nicely balanced by his dog and his pile of stuff.

#1 has it though on the shot stakes :)

And the colour is absolutely lush. Portra ? It's really just ideal for these.

Jpfahy, the black and white is nice but with regards to film I wont ever edit it drastically just some levels and color balance as with the 1st one!

Changing color to black and white is a big no no for me.. sounds strange but I dont think its right at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ah good man Daz, so much better than your previous stuff of sneakily trying to get pics of people without them noticing :)

Congrats on the new boost of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

where were they taken op?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

georges street, barronstrand street and michael street in the deise (waterford city)

• Advertisement
Advertisement