Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-11-2009, 10:53   #1
tintar

LIDL espresso maker

It looks very much like a DeLonghi machine, only much lower in price & I'm thinking of picking one up.

If anyone's bought one of these before, would you care to post your experience with it?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages...ppuccino_Maker

Cheers!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-11-2009, 11:23   #2
jakdublin

Don't have one, but it's got the 15 bar pump pressure which would make it a half decent machine. I might get one for my holiday home, but if you want the best coffee machine it has to be a Gaggia.
30-11-2009, 09:49   #3
SmandyMaguire

how much was a machine that takes beans cost?
30-11-2009, 11:45   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintar View Post
It looks very much like a DeLonghi machine, only much lower in price & I'm thinking of picking one up.

If anyone's bought one of these before, would you care to post your experience with it?

Cheers!
http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages...s_Negligee-Set
if she comes with it, its a Bargain!
30-11-2009, 12:37   #5

I have one of these for a year now (They must go in annual cycles) and find it excellent. Makes lovely coffee and for €50 its a steal. I don't use the milk frother however about getting a bad burn off it a while back.

I'm sure some of the more hardcore coffee affectandois will have issues with this, but as an entry level espresso maker this is as good as it gets, imo
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-12-2009, 09:41   #6
redstarlet

Same as Euro Kraut above I got mine last year and it's the best thing I've bought in ages. The lidl espresso coffee in the black tin for €2 does me for the week. It's saved me a fortune over the year as I was a divil for the takeaway cappachino and it's as nice a coffee as you'll get!
(2) thanks from:
01-12-2009, 09:48   #7
Bill-e

Do ye think there'll be any left when I call in on my way home from work???
01-12-2009, 10:49   #8

Had two of these. First one was replaced after devloping a leak in the boiler. Excellent machine for light use.

The best value in bean to cup machines are Saeco (same company as Gaggia). You can pick up a Incanto for about €250. I use one at home and it uses about 1/2 kilo a week of Illy beans. I like my coffee.
Thanks from:
01-12-2009, 12:05   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarlet View Post
Same as Euro Kraut above I got mine last year and it's the best thing I've bought in ages. The lidl espresso coffee in the black tin for €2 does me for the week. It's saved me a fortune over the year as I was a divil for the takeaway cappachino and it's as nice a coffee as you'll get!
+1 That coffee is very good for price (€1.80 I think) and it comes in a very handy tin that is great for storing other fanciers brands when it is empty.

I also find the coffee better than most takeways.
Advertisement
01-12-2009, 13:19   #10
Block (8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
Had two of these. First one was replaced after devloping a leak in the boiler. Excellent machine for light use.

The best value in bean to cup machines are Saeco (same company as Gaggia). You can pick up a Incanto for about €250. I use one at home and it uses about 1/2 kilo a week of Illy beans. I like my coffee.
There's one on ebay at the moment for an ok price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAECO-LAVAZZA-...item335794e51f

oops thats a pod coffee sorry!!!

Last edited by Block (8; 01-12-2009 at 13:22.
01-12-2009, 21:55   #11
tintar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
Had two of these. First one was replaced after devloping a leak in the boiler.
After how long did it fail, and did you replace the first one in warranty or buy a new one?

I'd like to know how LIDL/Silvercrest fares in after sales warranty for such machines.

Cheers!
01-12-2009, 23:52   #12
colsku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintar View Post

Cheers!
I might just chance it!
01-12-2009, 23:55   #13
el diablo

Is this just for making espressos and cappuccinos?
02-12-2009, 01:57   #14
tintar

Quote:
Originally Posted by el diablo View Post
Is this just for making espressos and cappuccinos?
yes, i guess it can even be used as a hot water dispenser for tea!
02-12-2009, 07:45   #15
Yittisay

nespresso are doing a sale on machines at the moment, think u get 50 euros a/c credit back when u buy a machine (in BT in Dublin & Cork). some are priced as low as 130 euros i think so works out reasonably cheap. i know some people think capsules are dear but vs coffee shop coffee they're excellent value (38c per capsule i think). coffee is a v good, they come in decent varieties (inc/ new ones a couple of which are excellent) and they're obviously v clean and easy to use. when i bought mine my arm was being slightly twisted but nearly 3yrs later im delighted with it
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion