Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ireland Contact Number

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

0818365065 is there number ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

cmpunk wrote: »
    0818365065 is there number ;)

Thanks hopefully they don't charge me an arm and a leg to fix the ps3.(out of warrenty)

Disc's won't read at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Do a search !!!!

Here's one i posted a while back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055730162&highlight=warranty

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear Customer,

In order to have your parcel collected, please call Nightline Customer Service on 01 8835454 to arrange a mutually agreeable pick up day from your home, or work place. It is important that you book the collection of your console under the same name that we have, so that we know it is your console. You will also need to address the parcel being returned as follows:

Sony A/C S501
    FAO Tim Fitzgerald, Jenkinson, 36 Airways Industrial Estate, Cloghran (Swords Road), Dublin 17.

NB: Please do not to drop your console into Jenkinson in person.
    For Health and Safety reasons, Jenkinson can only accept deliveries from our designated courier and will not look after individual callers.

Could you please also contact us by email or phone to advise us of an address that you would like your replacement delivered to, preferably a business address. Someone will need to be present at this address every day from Monday – Friday to sign for your replacement. Please email or call us to confirm this address at;
    Tel: 01 7073840 Email: support@ie.playstation.com

PS3 40G RETURN PROCEDURES - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

• Please source a similar sized box as original packaging will not be returned and ensure it is securely packaged (EG with bubble wrap)
    • Please return the Console only (with Hard Drive inside). Do not return any leads, peripherals or controllers as you will not receive these with your replacement.
    • Please enclose a copy of your receipt for in warranty exchanges, as it may not be returned (your receipt is a term and condition of your warranty, without receipt your PS3 is considered out of warranty so please keep the original).
    • If the console is over 12 months, has no original receipt, if the console has been physically damaged or the warranty sticker is not intact the console is considered out of warranty and the fee will apply as explained in your manual. This is Sony Computer Entertainment and we are unable to make exceptions for this. I can confirm that SCE does not make profit; the fee covers the cost of parts, labour and shipping.
    • Note : If the console is out of warranty please enclose a postal order or bank draft only, as we can no longer accept personal cheques, made payable to Sony Computer Entertainment to the value of €160 (incl VAT) if your console out of warranty. This fee covers the cost of parts, labour, shipping and VAT.

• If there is a disc stuck in the console, please try the following process to release the disc:
    Ensure the console is switched off.
    While holding the eject button on the front of the PS3, turn the console on using the main power switch at the back of the unit – the disc should then eject from the unit.

The procedure will not work if there is a power problem with the console.
    • If you cannot retrieve the trapped disc please sticker the console clearly with full contact details so that we may return it when it is received back from the repair centre in the UK. Please note this can take 7 weeks. Please email the below address with the name of the game and return address also;
    • Email: Support@ie.playstation.com
    ===============================

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

i say about 160 euros or go back to shop where you got it and look for your money back

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    To Whom It May Concern:

Dear Customer,

In order to have your parcel collected, please call Nightline Customer Service on 01 8835454 to arrange a mutually agreeable pick up day from your home, or work place. It is important that you book the collection of your console under the same name that we have, so that we know it is your console. You will also need to address the parcel being returned as follows:

Sony A/C S501
    FAO Tim Fitzgerald, Jenkinson, 36 Airways Industrial Estate, Cloghran (Swords Road), Dublin 17.

NB: Please do not to drop your console into Jenkinson in person.
    For Health and Safety reasons, Jenkinson can only accept deliveries from our designated courier and will not look after individual callers.

Could you please also contact us by email or phone to advise us of an address that you would like your replacement delivered to, preferably a business address. Someone will need to be present at this address every day from Monday – Friday to sign for your replacement. Please email or call us to confirm this address at;

PS3 40G RETURN PROCEDURES - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

• Please source a similar sized box as original packaging will not be returned and ensure it is securely packaged (EG with bubble wrap)
    • Please return the Console only (with Hard Drive inside). Do not return any leads, peripherals or controllers as you will not receive these with your replacement.
    • Please enclose a copy of your receipt for in warranty exchanges, as it may not be returned (your receipt is a term and condition of your warranty, without receipt your PS3 is considered out of warranty so please keep the original).
    • If the console is over 12 months, has no original receipt, if the console has been physically damaged or the warranty sticker is not intact the console is considered out of warranty and the fee will apply as explained in your manual. This is Sony Computer Entertainment and we are unable to make exceptions for this. I can confirm that SCE does not make profit; the fee covers the cost of parts, labour and shipping.
    • Note : If the console is out of warranty please enclose a postal order or bank draft only, as we can no longer accept personal cheques, made payable to Sony Computer Entertainment to the value of €160 (incl VAT) if your console out of warranty. This fee covers the cost of parts, labour, shipping and VAT.

• If there is a disc stuck in the console, please try the following process to release the disc:
    Ensure the console is switched off.
    While holding the eject button on the front of the PS3, turn the console on using the main power switch at the back of the unit – the disc should then eject from the unit.

The procedure will not work if there is a power problem with the console.
    • If you cannot retrieve the trapped disc please sticker the console clearly with full contact details so that we may return it when it is received back from the repair centre in the UK. Please note this can take 7 weeks. Please email the below address with the name of the game and return address also;
    • Email: Support@ie.playstation.com
    ===============================

So is the 01 8835454 number the one I should be ringing

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

So is the 01 8835454 number the one I should be ringing
    please call Nightline Customer Service on 01 8835454

No, not unless you want to talk to Nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Is your PS3 out of warranty?

Try Console Repairs. It'd kill me to pay €160. to Sony for something that shouldn't be f*cked in the first place.

smooch71 wrote: »
    Is your PS3 out of warranty?

Try Console Repairs. It'd kill me to pay €160. to Sony for something that shouldn't be f*cked in the first place.

Ya out of warrenty.

Are those Console Repairs guys reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Ya out of warrenty.

Are those Console Repairs guys reliable?

I got a quote off them for €90-100 to fix mine. The bluray laser or something is gone in it. I haven't sent to them yet to be honest but I did get a DS fixed there about a year ago and they were great. Have heard good reports about for big consoles too.

• Advertisement

smooch71 wrote: »
    I got a quote off them for €90-100 to fix mine. The bluray laser or something is gone in it. I haven't sent to them yet to be honest but I did get a DS fixed there about a year ago and they were great. Have heard good reports about for big consoles too.

Cheers

Nightline is for the collection.

If you read the post it says :

Advertisement