Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carnivale - The Complete First Season DVD - €6 delivered [Sendit]

Options
  • 23-10-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭

Great price (especially for 6 discs) and a great show... bit slow but thoroughly engaging!

And like all great shows, cancelled in it's prime (after it's 2nd season) and on a cliffhanger.

CarnivalDVDSea1.JPG
    Buy it @ Sendit
    Description

In a time of titanic sandstorms, vile plagues, drought and pestilence - signs of God's fury and harbingers of the Apocalypse - the final conflict between good and evil is about to begin. The battle will take place in the heartland of an empire called America as a travelling carnival, harbouring Ben Hawkins (Nick Stahl), a troubled healer, will clash with an Evangelical ministry lead by Brother Justin Crowe (Clancy Brown). And when it is over, man will forever trade away wonder for reason.

Special Features

* Three audio commentaries with series creator Daniel Knauf, executive producer Ho
    * Behind-the-scenes featurette 'Making of Carnivale'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Fair play, never heard of it but from reading it sounds good so I've ordered it. Now if you can find season 2 for less than a tenner you're a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bizarre show but can't go wrong for €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

To think I was gonna pay €20 for this. Cheers Basquille. I'm on a HBO high after watching True Blood and Hung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

It was good fun while it lasted. Just be mindful that you ain't ever gonna get closure to the story- bit of a cliffhanger, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

its was great, very dark. they had it on tg4. the preacher guy is the main guard in the shawshank redemption

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

This was a brilliant show, great find OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Great spot and great show. Ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dman001 wrote: »
    To think I was gonna pay €20 for this. Cheers Basquille. I'm on a HBO high after watching True Blood and Hung.

Have you seen Deadwood? Get that into ye next, just finished season 3 (final one) today, such an amazing show, why did it have to end :(

I'd have it around the same level as the Wire.

Anyways, funny you should post this OP, as I finished Deadwood I was reading some HBO stuff and discovered Carnivàle. I was in the process of "acquiring" it, but I may just order it instead :) That's assuming SendIt accept laser cards, which they probably don't............

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Savage! Love this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Already have it,but fantastic bargain for those who have never seen it. €6 for an entire season of a really good show. Can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Did anyone get their copy of this. I keep on getting emails stating that they are working with their suppliers to get it back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

No, didn't get it either:( Am getting the same emails for this and another 2 "bargains" from the hut group.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

Yes same here, didn't even get the things I ordered long before this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

indiewindy wrote: »
    I keep on getting emails stating that they are working with their suppliers to get it back in stock
    Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of The Hut Group! :D

They have some great bargains... as long as you don't mind waiting.

Was waiting 4 months for a game I ordered last March to ship.

basquille wrote: »
    Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of The Hut Group! :D

They have some great bargains... as long as you don't mind waiting.

Was waiting 4 months for a game I ordered last March to ship.

4 Months! I heard they were slow but 4 months is a lot lol

I hope I don't forget about my order and remember to leave some money
    on my wirecard or these bargains will no longer be bargains for me as
    wirecard charges €10 I think if you go over limit.

I guess The Hut Group is just hoping many would cancel their order this
    way but not us real bargain hunters!

My order shows dispatched as of today but didn't receive any email confirmation from them yet. Hopefully I will have it before weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just after I got the alert for a new post on this thread, I got the dispatch notice for it from sendit. Looking forward to getting this:)

Same here, my confirmation email also arrived shortly after posting here so everything seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

+1

Advertisement