Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellogs Tour of Ireland 2010????

Options
  • 13-10-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Can anyone confirm if the Kellogs Tour of Ireland is offically gone? I was hoping to ride it next year. I see there website is gone and have heard rumours that due to loss making it is no longer on the calendar. Is there a similar event that I could aim for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭andun84

Chimayland wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the Kellogs Tour of Ireland is offically gone? I was hoping to ride it next year. I see there website is gone and have heard rumours that due to loss making it is no longer on the calendar. Is there a similar event that I could aim for?

Noticed that myself a few weeks. I emailed Kellogg's to ask them and they haven't responded though they still mention it on their website however it rather curiously links to the Pro Tour of Ireland and not their amateur sponsored event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chimayland

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully you will hear something back from Kellogs. The pro event will probably be a shade too difficult for us. Its a pity as the Kellogs tour has seriously good reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Chimayland wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Hopefully you will hear something back from Kellogs. The pro event will probably be a shade too difficult for us. Its a pity as the Kellogs tour has seriously good reviews.

Try this email I have from last year. [email]m8a8r8c[@]tourofireland.eu[/email] (remove the 8 characters and the square brackets [])

If that doesn't work try and find out the email for jo (the winer of the Race Around Ireland) a few weeks ago. They organised it.

Thanks. Will send email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭andun84

Looks like that domain is about to deleted as it wasn't renewed at the end of September and is now in quarantine so looks very unlikely that this event will be going on next year - at least not under the tourofireland banner anyway.

I doubt you will get any response at that tourofireland.eu email address as that domain has no mx (email address) records associated with it.

• Advertisement

The email I sent bounced back to me alright so I say that is that unfortunately. May just try and find a similar event although not many around like it.

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

Need I ask if the long awaited video will ever materialise...poor form there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Re the DVD

Saw a post on Cyclosport.org where Molly(the camera women) was contacted and said she was to busy and we might get it in 2010:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

Esroh wrote: »
    Re the DVD

Saw a post on Cyclosport.org where Molly(the camera women) was contacted and said she was to busy and we might get it in 2010:confused:

Thats so annoying, as far as I'm concerned it was part of the deal, she's had time to put a zillion videos on vimeo of Joes recent race around ireland, frustrating that she doesnt respect the rest of us enough to be arsed editing her footage, I'm not buying her excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Thats so annoying, as far as I'm concerned it was part of the deal, she's had time to put a zillion videos on vimeo of Joes recent race around ireland, frustrating that she doesnt respect the rest of us enough to be arsed editing her footage, I'm not buying her excuses.

It took ages to get last years one (2008). Got it about 8 to 10 months later or so. It's a nice soveneir to have but it's nothing to write home about. I think at one point, you see me putting my bag on my back... no sign of me on a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭TPMAC

I can confirm that there is no Kelloggs ToI in 2010. Got that from Joe.
    Cheers,
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

That's a shame, but thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Indeed, a shame. Hopefully it will return. Maybe if the economy rebounds. It was a great event.

Advertisement