Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple's estimated delivery date

Options
  • 04-09-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I ordered a new MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning and I was told it would take a max of 3 business days to build the machine and then 3 business days to ship it out to me.

I'm just looking at the Apple Order Status and it's saying that the estimated delivery is 14 - 15 Sep. This would be 9 or 10 business days as opposed to the 6 they told me on the phone.

I was just wondering, how accurate is the estimated delivery date on the Order Status? Has anyone on here experience of getting Apple products before the estimated date?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

For the BTO machines the estimated delivery date tends to be a bit generous at first. Once the machine is built and ships from the factory you should get a more accurate date.

It's a while since I ordered a BTO Mac from Apple, but the last time I did it took a lot longer than 6 business days. Getting out of Asia can take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Oh that's good to hear. Wasn't sure if they do update the delivery date or if it the first date is final.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Talisman

A few years ago I bought my 17" MBP and at the time the matte screens were the standard - the glossy screen was optional. I chose the glossy screen after checking it out in the O2 store on Grafton Street - ended up waiting 7 weeks to get the computer. A mate went for the Matte screen and received it within a few days - now he regrets going for the glossy screen though. :)

I recently bought a new Mac mini and for some reason it got shipped from Asia rather than somewhere in Europe. The initial notification gave an estimated delivery time of 15 days but I received it within 6 days of it being shipped.

Ah brilliant. I ordered the 15" 2.8ghz. MBP but upgraded the HDD to a 500gb 7200RPM and went for the anti-glare screen. Not too many changes but any changes will obviously delay it. Just hope I don't have to wait until the 14th. I want it next week :(

Just got an email from Apple saying that my order was shipped. Hurray!

However the delivery date is still 14th September. Why is it going to take so long? Where are they usually shipped from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Talisman

Give it a couple of days and see if the delivery date changes. Like I said my order in July arrived in 6 days and for 2 of those days it appeared to sit in the UK.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Just got an email from Apple saying that my order was shipped. Hurray!

However the delivery date is still 14th September. Why is it going to take so long? Where are they usually shipped from?

Asia into Holland, then they have to break down the bulk pallets into seperate shipments and customs clear them. Normally deliverd 3/4 days after it gets to Holland, via UPS or TNT.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

peejay1986 you'll have it well before 14th September, id say it should be with you by Monday is it was shipped yesterday.

My last order of a MB the estimated delivery date was way off from the actual delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

out of curiosity, anybody has any idea if you buy from the refurbished area, how long it takes to get to dublin?
    says ships within 24 hours on the site, but where does it usually ship from and how long would it take one wonders...

The delivery status has been updated to "Preparing handover to final carrier". Is this the handover to the courier? :D

• Advertisement

The status has been updated to;

"In transit to customer"

However there is still no tracking number or carrier information, and there delivery date is still for 14th Sept.

This Order Status thing is so confusing!!!

EDIT: Just managed to get through to Apple and apparently "in transit to courier" means it has left the warehouse and is on the way to the courier. Very misleading I would say. The wait goes on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Talisman wrote: »
    A few years ago I bought my 17" MBP and at the time the matte screens were the standard - the glossy screen was optional. I chose the glossy screen after checking it out in the O2 store on Grafton Street - ended up waiting 7 weeks to get the computer.

Same thing happened to me. I hope you were as handsomely rewarded for your patience as i was. :D

Op it wont be long once its reached UPS. I have found they are very good with most apple products except the mighty mouse. My first one of those disappeared.

Just thought I'd let you all know my MacBook Pro arrived today. Had major issues with the couriers meaning I had to go up to Belfast and collect it myself but it's been worth it!

I'm in love

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They were only 2 working days out with their estimate then, thats handy to know

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

I ordered my macbook pro on the 6/9/09, it was shipped from the warehouse on 9/9/09...but since then there have been no updates. The last time I ordered from the apple store, there were updates as to the location of my order...does this still happen ?

Ado86 wrote: »
    I ordered my macbook pro on the 6/9/09, it was shipped from the warehouse on 9/9/09...but since then there have been no updates. The last time I ordered from the apple store, there were updates as to the location of my order...does this still happen ?

If its anything like my case you'll get an update probably on Monday telling you it has reached its destination. It will then be shipped somewhere else, where the courier will take over. I found the updates very misleading as they often said 'order dispatched' and yet they were just in transit to another warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I ordered my new MB Pro late last night and it was shipped early this afternoon. The estimated delivery date is this Monday, so I'm guessing it'll be too much to ask for to get it before the weekend?

I doubt it, I ordered my MBP on 6th September and am still waiting for it! (16-9-09 now!)
    Anyone have any ideas how long it will take, status at moment is "preparing handover to final carrier"- does this mean its in Ireland ?

MBP finally arrived this evening !! Fantastic - well pleased I made the leap now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Well how about that. Ordered at around midnight on Monday night, delivered to my door at 4pm last Thursday afternoon!

• Advertisement

Did you go for any add-ons or increased spec? Thats a really fast delivery...very jealous!! Felt like I was waiting forever for mine...

Advertisement