Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-09-2009, 08:05   #1
Do-more

Genuine Opel spare parts - massive price differances.

The starter motor on my Opel Zafira went on the blink the other day, my mechanic priced one from the local Opel dealers and it was €180odd + VAT so about €220 for an exchange unit

Went to google and found this website for locating Vauxhall/Opel parts and got the genuine part from a Vauxhall dealers in the North of Scotland for £63.50 inc VAT + £20 carraige (about €97) (48 hour parcelforce delivery) got it delivered direct to my mechanics garage.

The guy in the Vauxhall dealership was very helpful and checked my car's chassis number on his system to be sure I was ordering the correct part etc.

Other sources of genuine Vauxhall/Opel spare parts at discount prices are Vauxhall parts warehouse who have an ebay shop and Fintona Auto Spares who are in the North.

I also priced up a timing belt kit which I will need soon and got similar savings, less than half the price of the local Opel dealer even allowing for the price of delivery.

Mechanic says that there are also huge differances in the price of Toyota genuine spare parts between here and the North and the UK.

I'm all for keeping the money in the local economy but when you are getting rode like this you have to follow the bargains.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-09-2009, 09:03   #2
MunsterCycling

Will be buying a Zafira in the next week, good to know.

MC
04-09-2009, 09:14   #3
Soarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsterCycling View Post
Will be buying a Zafira in the next week, good to know.

MC
You might want to get them to throw in a spare starter motor!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion