Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-09-2009, 12:03   #1
themoney

Basketball in North County Dublin?

All basketballers in the North County Dublin area looking to play in the Dublin Men Basketball League this season.

Portmarnock Ranger Basketball Club Division 4 men team is looking for some players. The club trains in Portmarnock on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It's a good competitive standard of play. It would suit someone looking to move from another club or someone looking to get back into competitive basketball after a few years out.

Please PM me for full details.

Cheers

Last edited by themoney; 02-09-2009 at 12:05. Reason: typo
Advertisement
08-10-2009, 12:13   #2
binkerland1000

hello there any chance there is a ladies basketball team at this club? just triped across your post there, all sounds just right apart from having the dagly bits!
09-10-2009, 10:19   #3
themoney

Basketball in North County Dublin?

Hi binkerland1000,

Sorry to say we don't have a ladies team but I had a quick look and you will find all the ladies teams listed on this site

Dublin ladies Basketball Board
http://www.dlbb.net/clubinfo.asp

Club Listing http://www.dlbb.net/clubinfo.asp

Swords do have a good ladies team but not sure what division they play in.
Ring a few clubs and ask if they are looking for new players. Clubs are consistently looking for new players.

Best of look in finding a team.
Thanks from:
09-10-2009, 10:36   #4
binkerland1000

cheers for that much appreciated
05-04-2010, 20:07   #5
Jimmy.Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoney View Post
All basketballers in the North County Dublin area looking to play in the Dublin Men Basketball League this season.

Portmarnock Ranger Basketball Club Division 4 men team is looking for some players. The club trains in Portmarnock on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It's a good competitive standard of play. It would suit someone looking to move from another club or someone looking to get back into competitive basketball after a few years out.

Please PM me for full details.

Cheers
What date the basketball season run from and till? I'd be interested in coming back to it, however it might clash with my rugby season.
Advertisement
06-04-2010, 09:55   #6
themoney

Scrimmage

Looking at last years fixture list the season officially goes from September to April. Our first game this year was 01/10/2009 and our last game 25/03/2010.

There is a scrimmage on a Thursday nights if you’re interested in coming down send me a PM, it’s €5 a go
06-04-2010, 19:13   #7
Judomad

whos coaching the rangers these days?? i played with them a few years back!
07-04-2010, 09:17   #8
themoney

The main coach this year was Michael Westbrooks.
08-04-2010, 23:05   #9
Lafortezza
omg vegas

I went along to this scrimmage tonight. It's a pretty good standard (compared to me), a good bit higher than the Wednesday game, and huge amount tougher than Sundays. Lots of players well over 6ft, no bad players, everyone has good fundamentals.
There was about 17 players there, 3 teams of 5 with 2 extra subs. Played first to 5pts, winning team stays on.

I don't think I did too bad, just fitness holding me back a bit, and I was a bit tired from the weds game. I'll try to make it back next week.
Advertisement
09-04-2010, 11:17   #10
scottie pippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafortezza View Post
I went along to this scrimmage tonight. It's a pretty good standard (compared to me), a good bit higher than the Wednesday game, and huge amount tougher than Sundays. Lots of players well over 6ft, no bad players, everyone has good fundamentals.
There was about 17 players there, 3 teams of 5 with 2 extra subs. Played first to 5pts, winning team stays on.

I don't think I did too bad, just fitness holding me back a bit, and I was a bit tired from the weds game. I'll try to make it back next week.
Sounds pretty good

have been thinking about attending, but I don’t think my fitness level would be up to it.
Plus transport would be an issues

good luck with next week

keep us posted
21-04-2010, 10:25   #11
irishsparks

havent played in about 8 years.... would I be way way out of my league if I want to get back in?!? Been looking around the past month to see whats the best way.... Just gone 27, so hopefully not past it yet.....
22-04-2010, 15:15   #12
themoney

I haven’t been up to this scrimmage in a month or more so I’m not sure what the standard is like. I believe there has been a load of new players down in the last two weeks. If you’re worried about the standard of play it would be worth heading down to the gym to have a look then you can judge the standard for yourself if you’re feeling confident bring your gear. PM me if you want the details

lafortezza glad you made it down. I’ll be there tonight hopefully you’re planning on heading
22-04-2010, 16:01   #13
Lafortezza
omg vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoney View Post
lafortezza glad you made it down. I’ll be there tonight hopefully you’re planning on heading
I'm going to have to miss it this week, and possibly the next few weeks with work, but I'll try to get there during the summer if I can.
22-12-2010, 00:15   #14
NS Nets

Hi All,

Just to add to this, if anyone is still looking for a team to play for in North Dublin, anyone who wants to train/play with the Northside Nets is welcome! We train at a hall on the Malahide Rd near Clontarf, usually Mondays and Wednesdays and will be starting back up soon in January. Just drop us a line at nsnets@gmail.com if you're interested.

Cheers

Joe
14-01-2011, 11:17   #15
NS Nets

Also a new website for the team if anyone is looking for a team or just someplace to train in north Dublin- www.northsidenets.com

Joe

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion