Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance - 25plus.ie

Options
  • 19-08-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has anyone used 25plus .ie. Just got a great quote from them, seems too good to true!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You should have put 25plus.ie in the title, might have helped get more replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How much is the excess?

Also, look here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055454354

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Moved to Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

they screwed me over.

gave me a quote, i paid, they sent me out all the documents i needed.

3 days into the cover I got a call saying they were canceling the policy because they made a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

draffodx wrote: »
    they screwed me over.

gave me a quote, i paid, they sent me out all the documents i needed.

3 days into the cover I got a call saying they were canceling the policy because they made a mistake

What exactly was their "mistake" mate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

have you ever tried ringing them, no matter how long you hold for, no one answers.
    your asked to leave a contact number and a brief message then after a while someone rings you back on a 087 number, try ring that number back, for some reason it never rings.
    they also have a po.box in Dublin
    i dont know how genuine they are but i changed my mind and decided not to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What exactly was their "mistake" mate?

the said they should have never given me a quote on the car in the first place and there under writers (AIG) wouldn't honour the policy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

draffodx wrote: »
    the said they should have never given me a quote on the car in the first place and there under writers (AIG) wouldn't honour the policy

Disgraceful! .... Wonder what would have happened if you were involved in a crash during the 3 days? You'd likely have had a valid legal case against them but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

Holy crap... i just got a quote from them..... 3 times what i pay Quinn!

How in the name of god do they justify that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

PinkTulips wrote: »
    Holy crap... i just got a quote from them..... 3 times what i pay Quinn!

2.5 times what I am paying. No thanks.
    PinkTulips wrote: »
    How in the name of god do they justify that!?

Well, you can't expect one broker or company to give everyone the best quote!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

eoin wrote: »
    Well, you can't expect one broker or company to give everyone the best quote!

lol, no you can't but i'm curious s to why they consider me to be 3 times as big a liability as Quinn do... have had quotes from lots of other insurers too and they've always been fairly similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fugitive01

I'm currently insured with 25Plus.ie. Had no issues really although it is hard to get through alright. My quote for this year actually went up eventhough I have a years extra no cliams - they said it was due to changing underwriter from HSBC to AIG! Anyone know much about noNonsense.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppyfields

I've been with its4women for the last two years and I've been finding the prices excellent. I had been with Hibernian and it was 900e for provisional driver and its4women is half the price. You can have your partner on the policy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

25plus.ie - cheap prices - awful and inconsistent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fugitive01

Check out Brittoninsurance.com. Based in Donegal. They are just after giving me a much better quote than 25plus. They are the best I could find by a distance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Fugitive01 wrote: »
    I'm currently insured with 25Plus.ie. Had no issues really although it is hard to get through alright. My quote for this year actually went up eventhough I have a years extra no cliams - they said it was due to changing underwriter from HSBC to AIG! Anyone know much about noNonsense.ie?

They are underwritten by FBD. I have been with No Nonsense since they opened up for business and they've so far been quick, reliable and no hassle to deal with including when I was changing over cars etc.

I would defo recommend them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Check out Brittoninsurance.com. Based in Donegal.

Careful with their online payment for credit card processing - they don't use any SSL/HTTPS when transmitting your card details.

They did give back the cheapest quote for me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Check out Brittoninsurance.com. Based in Donegal. They are just after giving me a much better quote than 25plus. They are the best I could find by a distance.

That's who I'm insured with, very reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Britton underwrite xzdirect, and I get a better quote with xsdirect than I do with Britton. And that's with the same excess on the policy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

only company i have come across that will not insure me , looks amatuereish i would recommend Britton insurance or www.123.ie both give great prices and good additional benefits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

rosie41 wrote: »
    Has anyone used 25plus .ie. Just got a great quote from them, seems too good to true!

So Rosie, How long have you worked for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Won't quote me...

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I used them last year and just moved away from them last month when they quoted me 200 more than last. They didn't send out my NCB cert with the renewal, I had to phone to get it sent out. When it did it didn't reflect my year with them either :rolleyes:
    That said they were almost a third of what Quinn had quoted me last year so can't complain too much. Based on my dealings with them however I wouldn't be confident if I had to get involved in a claim though.They seem disjointed from a customer service point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finishedart

rosie41 wrote: »

I changed to them for my 3litre people carrier and got a full comprehensive policy at e125 cheaper than Insure.ie :):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Based on my dealings with them however I wouldn't be confident if I had to get involved in a claim though.They seem disjointed from a customer service point of view.

Precisely the reason why I cancelled my policy with them before it came into effect. Different CS agents saying different things, contradicting each other all over the place. I thought, God help me if I ever had to make a claim with them. So I went back to Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I'm with 25Plus and happy enough. Moved from Hibernian after they quoted me an €300 over last year. 25plus quoted €50 less than I had been paying so went with them.

The sign up process was fine, and when I had to contact them I didn't have any problems getting through. Although it was just the once so not sure if it's fair to evaluate their service based on that. Still though, how often do you need to contact your insurer? Hopefully not very often!

I'm fully comp with windscreen cover, breakdown assistance and open insurance on other cars for €450 (26 Yr old male, 6 years NCB) and its underwritten by AIG. As I said, I'm pretty happy with them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jinxyjack

well ive just got a great quote from 25plus .ie
    is it really a good place 2 shop for insurance??
    has any1 used them before

jinxyjack wrote: »
    well ive just got a great quote from 25plus .ie
    is it really a good place 2 shop for insurance??
    has any1 used them before

I'm with them for about 6 months. The premium is very low compared to others so in that respect they're good. Thankfully, I havent had to claim yet so don't know what they're like with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

3 times what I already pay... unbelieveable!!

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    3 times what I already pay... unbelieveable!!

That's strange. I'm a 26 year old male with 5 years NCB living in Dublin and I pay €450 fully comp.

There must be a parameter that you meet which is pushing the risk factor up or something

Advertisement