Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit Hold Em. What a drag.

Options
  • 17-08-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭

I dont play much limit hold em and have tried it for about about a month or so as I am bored with NLHE.

Is it just me or is it normal to want to jump under a bus after practically every session of limit hold em?

The number of times that you get rivered in the game is simply ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

orourkeda wrote: »

Is it just me or is it normal to want to jump under a bus after practically every session of limit hold em?

Totally normal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

LOL Limit Holdem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭BloodyDeath

if ur bored with NLH try PLO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

limit holdem is the worst game ever created. If you must play limit, learn the stud games or try something fun like 2-7 draw

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Limit hold'em is great for the house as the money tends to move around and be raked out of the game rather then walking out.

Someone once said Limit was the science of poker while No Limit was the art and its reasonably true.

But yes, bores the nads off me :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

PL and NL 2-7 lowball triple draw is great fun, last time I checked games only ran to 50PL/NL on stars tho. Never checked on FTP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

I sat into a limit HE tourney online once and only noticed the mistake after play had started. Bored to death after 5 mins I started playing every hand and just potting and repotting everything. Reckoned I pissed everyone off cos straightaway they were repotting back with equal rubbish. So I typed in the chat something like 'sorry for the spaz play - thought was NL - just blowing off my chips'. first player comes back straight away 'i did the same thing' next player 'me too!', next player 'me too!!!' - turned out everyone at the table had done the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Planning on playing 300k hands of limit between now and 31st December. Great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

FYL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

bohsman wrote: »
    Planning on playing 300k hands of limit between now and 31st December. Great fun.

Samaritans_logo.png

At least you creating employment.

• Advertisement

How's it going so far? What stakes are you playing, and how many tables at once?

Im 16 tabling 10 handed 1-2 on Stars. Fair few nitty regs mixed in with plenty of bad players. Managed to have a winning session 22 tabling at one stage but 14-16 is probably optimal as I manage to play longer sessions.
    Had been going reasonably well till a sick sick Sunday night, definitely spewed a bit but ran disgustingly bad. Still learning limit/10 handed and getting used to 6 extra tables.
    Looks like 300k hands will see me hit Supernova having paid 9k in rake which will be worth 4.2k in fpps, $300 reload and another $800 in prop bets and then the added value of being SN next year.

limit.png

Im 16 tabling 10 handed 1-2 on Stars. Fair few nitty regs mixed in with plenty of bad players. Managed to have a winning session 22 tabling at one stage but 14-16 is probably optimal as I manage to play longer sessions.
    Had been going reasonably well till a sick sick Sunday night, definitely spewed a bit but ran disgustingly bad. Still learning limit/10 handed and getting used to 6 extra tables.
    Looks like 300k hands will see me hit Supernova having paid 9k in rake which will be worth 4.2k in fpps, $300 reload and another $800 in prop bets and then the added value of being SN next year.

Ah yeah I heard FPPs for full ring on stars gives you a v high % rb for the rest of the year alright. It's gonna be hard to stay profitable even 16 tabling, I'd fancy your chances a lot more with 8 tables at 2/4. Good luck with it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Why do you play HiCloy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That graph is nothing short of grim! How can you bear to stick with it?

Why do you play HiCloy?

Don't like folding

AdMMM wrote: »
    That graph is nothing short of grim! How can you bear to stick with it?

Its that or 25NL. Easy decision. Also prop bets mean I cant even think about stopping for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

toHex wrote: »
    I sat into a limit HE tourney online once and only noticed the mistake after play had started. Bored to death after 5 mins I started playing every hand and just potting and repotting everything. Reckoned I pissed everyone off cos straightaway they were repotting back with equal rubbish. So I typed in the chat something like 'sorry for the spaz play - thought was NL - just blowing off my chips'. first player comes back straight away 'i did the same thing' next player 'me too!', next player 'me too!!!' - turned out everyone at the table had done the same thing!

Happens a lot in limit tournaments which is why they're probably the best value tournaments on the Net. If you can stand the boredom.

I started as a limit player. The first time I played no limit was by mistake. I jumped into a game online thinking it was limit. First hand I got JJ. A guy opened. I raised (min raised - not realising I could raise more).

Flop J86 with 2 hearts.

I bet 50 cents.

He raised to $4.

I reeled back in shock wondering how he could raise so much. Was the software malfunctioning?

I reraised to $8.

He went all in for $400.

He was on a flush draw and missed. I immediately cashed out and went to lie down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Thats just not right. I'd be suicidal after 300

Advertisement