Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone interested in PC Hardware, lookie here - Now with original link!

• 07-08-2009 2:45pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

a8d57d20de.jpg

An awesome rundown of all the major connections throughout the history of computing. Mods feel free to adjust the size. :)

Will come in handy for people a little confused about what they do and dont have in their PC/Laptop connections

Here's the high-quality, full-size version!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

+1 for sticky or should at least be quoted in some forum up the top that's stickied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭magicwand

very good,must try print it out in a colour chart...always handy to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Great find, needs to be stickied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Handy to have, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sticky this please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Very cool. I think this is probably better suited to the building and upgrading forum so I'm gonna move it there. Mods in B&U, feel free to move it back and I'll make it appropriately visible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

This was on digg about a week ago. Cool indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

My mind just exploded. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

brilliant picture, this is the kind of stuff we use in IT everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really cool. Spent ages looking at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

I wish I had this when I was building my computer. It would have been so helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭david p

Dunno if it was posted already, but saw this on Maximum PC a while ago, might be of interest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Oddly lacking in USB ports up there... :confused:

Ports (female):
    USB Type B
    USB-Bf.jpg

USB Type Mini-B
    USB-mAf.jpg

USB Type Micro-B (female and male)
    USB-uB.jpg

Type Mini-A and Micro-A are now very rare and there aren't many good images for them. Type Micro-B ports are rarely found except on extension cords and the sending peripheral; adaptor cables are used almost ubiquitously to connect to a PC. Another rarity are Powered USB (or Power-Over-USB) ports; again no image yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

Excellent picture, brings back memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crouchimus

great pic, gonna be a great help, just sorting out my first PC build, boards has been a massive help,think i'll post a build I have from the german site hardwareversand to see what peoples advice and opinions are
    Again cheers for the pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

can one of the mods add this to the end as a high res version

http://webst.st.kmutt.ac.th/~s1215721/file/Computer_hardware_poster_1_7_by_Sonic840.jpg

4320x6120
    96x96 dpi
    8.19 MB

MUCH better for poster quality.

Have absolutely no idea why your post (and many, many others! :() didn't appear on my browser until now :eek: Thanks, OP now updated ;)

De-stickied due to diet :p Now referenced in the FAQ!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Solitaire wrote: »
    De-stickied due to diet :p Now referenced in the FAQ!! :D

He's calling you fat Cherry, you gonna take that? :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kinetic reported for being Kinetic

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ reported for having a username that breaks Boards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Kinetic reported for being Kinetic

Whatever tubsy malone! I was just looking out for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shamrockkiller

just fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

mccoyDeadThread.jpg

Advertisement