Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perlico broadband

Options
  • 06-07-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently ordered the 3Mb at the price of 1Mb. I checked my account on the Perlico website and it says "intervention required" for "Freedom Plus Up to 3MB BB". I have since checked Eircom's line checker and BTd's line checker and the result I am getting is that i cannot get broadband in my area.
    I used the line checkers loads of time to check and they always returned the result that I could get broadband.
    I will ring them later on when i get a chance. My question is does this happen when the line is been activated for broadband or something? thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

Don't get Perlico. They're ****. Their service is **** and their support is ****. The modems they send out, Zyzel, are ****tier than the Netopia routers that Eircom provide and that's saying something. You'd be better off paying more to get a service equal to what Perlico will ever offer you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I find perlicos service to be very good , and a lot cheaper than eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭monster1

They are now saying my line isn't suitable for 3Mb, and may not even be suitable for 1Mb?? i had checked BT, Perlico, eircom line checker etc and they all said my line was suitable. Plus my neighbors have broadband.And I am on an exchange that is broadband enabled (I think). Why would this of happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 romdjoll

monster1 wrote: »
    They are now saying my line isn't suitable for 3Mb, and may not even be suitable for 1Mb?? i had checked BT, Perlico, eircom line checker etc and they all said my line was suitable. Plus my neighbors have broadband.And I am on an exchange that is broadband enabled (I think). Why would this of happened?

Short answer, they don't know, and are refusing to admit that.
    Their tech support people don't know how to set up a static IP addy on their own modems.... I know this because I spent an afternoon trying to explain the concept to one of them.

Their sales people don't know what latency and contention are and can't answer whether or not they have caps on them.

My parents have what is allegedly 1mb broadband from Perlico, but Eircom and BT both refused to give it to them, saying they were in a bad area (too far from the exchange, in essence). Essentially, where they live is the end of the line, and as far as any other ISP is concerned, there's too many other people in the way for them to offer any sort of reliable service. Not so with Perlico, unless they've grown a conscience in recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gav240

stay away from perlico their the worst of the worst

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

i agree,

im leaving them, have had 3-4 outages over the past year, 8 days was one of them, these might have been eircom line issues, but perlico had very poor comm,s even after making complaints, i now have real issues again, loads of web sites wont load.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 connie00

I've had no problems with them and either has my dad, have found their support good and personal compared to some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

Avoid perlico like the plague, terrible service and awful support

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

romdjoll wrote: »
    Short answer, they don't know, and are refusing to admit that.
    Their tech support people don't know how to set up a static IP addy on their own modems.... I know this because I spent an afternoon trying to explain the concept to one of them.

Their sales people don't know what latency and contention are and can't answer whether or not they have caps on them.

My parents have what is allegedly 1mb broadband from Perlico, but Eircom and BT both refused to give it to them, saying they were in a bad area (too far from the exchange, in essence). Essentially, where they live is the end of the line, and as far as any other ISP is concerned, there's too many other people in the way for them to offer any sort of reliable service. Not so with Perlico, unless they've grown a conscience in recent months.

Here, perlico can't give what eircom can't give. Sure perlico get the test results off eircom wholesale!

I've found the support to be good. A month ago, when various websites wouldn't load (like the current issue), I called them about it. Gave them a couple of details. The problem resolved itself after a router restart. They gave me a call back 2 days later to see if there were any problems, and I told them that changing DNS settings back to perlico's had helped (in fact the router restart itself fixed it).

With the current problems, I called them again and gave them the particular issue. They were already aware of problems, but said he'd pass them on. Naturally they'll say that anyway, but it seems to have worked before.

I do wish they'd call people if they run into difficulties with their broadband order. My line had a "phantom order" (thanks a bunch eircom wholesale) which prevented the order going through. I had to get onto ComReg and then BT management, even though they never had anything to do with my line, to get it fixed. I wasted a month with perlico retrying the order instead of sending me off to ComReg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

gally74 wrote: »
    i now have real issues again, loads of web sites wont load.

Having the same problems, lots of sites will not load... Facebook.com, Digg.com are just two examples, but there are lots. Anyone else having similar problems? Any resolutions either? Other than changing service provider?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gav240

ya stupid perlico day 3 now and i cant get onto certain sites. i'd ring them but whats the point. lies ,lies and more lies cant wait to change in october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jograntsknicker

Having the same problems, lots of sites will not load... Facebook.com, Digg.com are just two examples, but there are lots. Anyone else having similar problems? Any resolutions either? Other than changing service provider?
    I think most of us are experiencing this issue. It's always a comfort to know that you are not alone in these issues. The more people effected, the quicker they should be to react. We may even get some kind of refund (unlikely).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sinead1

I thought the problem was at my end as I couldn't send mail with my outlook... I spent Friday night trying to "fix" the problem, rang perlico and got the automated reply that there is technical difficulties! Why don't they have it up on their site? Saturday (yesterday) the internet keeps coming and going. Imagine all the people out there who are banging their heads of their desks thinking thats their computers are broken or virus or whatever. Not being computer techy I am at a loss....... I am quite p****d at the amount of customers I can't email back!!! I am sure there a quite a few business out there that have lost money due to this problem, this might be the reason why they are not higlighting the issue??

One very frustrated Perlico customer:mad: so to ex if this is not sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Have a look at the speed issue thread.

Changing DNS won't make a difference. It's a different problem to the ones eircom had. This problem is more fundamental, and there's feck all that you can do about it.

Sometimes turning off and back on the router will help. It worked for me yesterday evening, but it hasn't done anything this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jograntsknicker

sinead1 wrote: »
    I thought the problem was at my end as I couldn't send mail with my outlook... I spent Friday night trying to "fix" the problem, rang perlico and got the automated reply that there is technical difficulties! Why don't they have it up on their site? Saturday (yesterday) the internet keeps coming and going. Imagine all the people out there who are banging their heads of their desks thinking thats their computers are broken or virus or whatever. Not being computer techy I am at a loss....... I am quite p****d at the amount of customers I can't email back!!! I am sure there a quite a few business out there that have lost money due to this problem, this might be the reason why they are not higlighting the issue??

One very frustrated Perlico customer:mad: so to ex if this is not sorted!
    I posted on the "Speed Issues" thread about how unprofessional it was of them not to have put something on their website about the issue and possibly an ETA on when it will be resolved.

They are shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Hi i just got the perlico deal about a week ago..and whenever i try to connect the computer says 'dsl line is not being detected'. What does this mean? My landline is with eircom so does this mean i have to wait for it to transfer to perlico?

i rang perlico but got no real answer. Even though the credit card order has gone through customer service can find my account number for my eircom account-have rang 5 times. Am soo pissed off right now ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Even after your phone package kicks in, it can take up to 21 days for the broadband to become active. That's why your not getting the DSL connection.

As for the people ordering the 3mb connection and getting the "intervention required" message.

Their system got confused, they were offering 3mb for the price of 1mb, but on lines only capable of 1mb the system couldnt process the order.

I've been through all this with their customer care, hopefully it'l be sorted before too long.

As for complaining about customer care, I've found them quite helpful so far. Till now I've been stuck with the godawful 3 datamodem, it's crap and their customer care is awful. I'm constantly being put on to someone in India who doesn't really understand what I'm saying.

With Perlico they've always been pretty helpful. Now I admit it's too early to judge as the broadband connection hasn't become active for me yet, so I'll let you know how it goes when it's sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

smithcity wrote: »
    Even after your phone package kicks in, it can take up to 21 days for the broadband to become active. That's why your not getting the DSL connection.

When your landline comes active will you post back on this thread for some feedback? im soo tired of waiting for my line to become active...am beginning to want to change to chorus ntl risky as this might be

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Yup, the phone line switched over about a week ago, so it could still be a while before the broadand kicks in. I'll report back to let you know if it's any good.

I was recommended to perlico by a friend though.

Advertisement