Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-06-2009, 11:02   #1
WithCheesePlease

Send a message via MSN to WithCheesePlease Send a message via Skype™ to WithCheesePlease
AIB Internet Banking - problems with new site

Probably not the right place for this - but has anyone else experienced problems logging into the new, redesigned AIB Internet Banking site??

It won't log me in most of the time and when it eventually does it's slow and unresponsive. And after a few clicks it just dies and page stays white won't load. Is this happening to anyone else?
Advertisement
25-06-2009, 12:41   #2
testicle

Yep, slow as ****e for the last couple of hours. I suspect a DDOS.
25-06-2009, 12:42   #3
TestTransmission

me 2,much prefer the old site actually
25-06-2009, 16:32   #4
s_carnage

I've only found it bad today but up until then I haven't had any problem. Didn't like it at first but much prefer it now.
25-06-2009, 16:36   #5
bobcar61

I haven't had any problems with it today. I didn't really like the look of the new site when it was first launched but I much prefer it now.
Advertisement
25-06-2009, 16:57   #6
TheDriver

ditto!
Has anyone ever noticed when you query something, the excuse is always that the online banking doesn't show it up as quickly as their own system, then when you ask isn't the online banking their own system, its a strange stare!
25-06-2009, 21:06   #7
broker2008

Yes I found the site quite slow today.I beginning to get used to the site though. I just wish they would show a greater number of previous transactions on the various accounts and in particular credit cards.Until they change this I won't be signing up for online statements.
26-06-2009, 23:22   #8
none

I also used it today for the first time. Pretty bad change, I'd say. Can't really remember any site doing a revamp and having improvements afterwards. Ryanair, Monster, Lastminute, Google - they all changed for worse in the last couple of years. Now AIB... They were, probably, the best banking site in Ireland, moved to JSP recently (I didn't understand why but it was seamless), and now this disappointment. I'm not even saying that the interface is rather amateurish, but where's the old functionality? I didn't notice any useful additions, but I did struggle to find a way to reuse an old transfer. Before, the transfer list was clickable so you could click inside and see the details like bank account, sort code, IBAN, etc., and also reuse these details. Now, transfers have no links and no details on the list so you can't see, for example, the bank account and you can't reuse them. Did anybody notice it? Maybe I missed something?
And why the hell they do one upgrade after the other? They don't know where to spend excess money? As I said, I didn't quite get why moving to JSP but that time both the interface and functionality were very much preserved. Now, another update and, in my opinion, total flop. I can live with the ugly interface but where is the tried and true functionality??
27-06-2009, 10:36   #9
lau1247

works just fine..
i like how they let you see a lot more of the previous transaction from the summary page
Advertisement
27-06-2009, 11:38   #10
dotsman
Chillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by none View Post
I also used it today for the first time. Pretty bad change, I'd say. Can't really remember any site doing a revamp and having improvements afterwards. Ryanair, Monster, Lastminute, Google - they all changed for worse in the last couple of years. Now AIB... They were, probably, the best banking site in Ireland, moved to JSP recently (I didn't understand why but it was seamless), and now this disappointment. I'm not even saying that the interface is rather amateurish, but where's the old functionality? I didn't notice any useful additions, but I did struggle to find a way to reuse an old transfer. Before, the transfer list was clickable so you could click inside and see the details like bank account, sort code, IBAN, etc., and also reuse these details. Now, transfers have no links and no details on the list so you can't see, for example, the bank account and you can't reuse them. Did anybody notice it? Maybe I missed something?
And why the hell they do one upgrade after the other? They don't know where to spend excess money? As I said, I didn't quite get why moving to JSP but that time both the interface and functionality were very much preserved. Now, another update and, in my opinion, total flop. I can live with the ugly interface but where is the tried and true functionality??
I much prefer the new design - looks far more modern, and there's a way more info on the main page. I'm not quite sure what you are saying about the transfers. There's the "English" way, whereby the user selects a series of sentences (I assume for people who are new to internet banking), but for those who are comfortable, there's the shortcut menu in the top right (where you merely select which account you are transferring from, which account your transferring to and voila - all from the main page.

As for managing your payees (to see IBAN/Account numbers etc, I would suggest the "Manage My Payees" tab. Pretty self explanetary

Not sure about the JSP - wasn't it always JSP?
27-06-2009, 14:28   #11
none

I know that I can create Payees explicitly but I don't want to bloat that list. I only keep in it those ones that I do use frequently. For an occasional transaction, I'd just go to the list of previous transfers and reuse the old one (if there was already a payment to the same recipient, of course). Now that list of old payments has just plain text, no way to click through to examine recipients details, let alone reuse them. That's the major gripe. Everything else is bearable. No improvements though.
27-06-2009, 15:38   #12
maggy_thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by broker2008 View Post
I just wish they would show a greater number of previous transactions on the various accounts and in particular credit cards.Until they change this I won't be signing up for online statements.
Online statements are different -- there's a link that appears on all your accounts "View eStatements" -- and if you click on it, it shows you roughly the last two years worth of statements (at least that's what I get when I open my current a/c). Those statements are .pdf versions of the actual statements they used to send you in the post. You need your code card in order to actually access them.

It's pretty handy actually - definitely better than the regular printed kind (you can always print off the PDFs if you wanted them for whatever reason, or, on some accounts request a printed statement, though they probably charge for that).
27-06-2009, 19:32   #13
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggy_thatcher View Post
You need your code card in order to actually access them.
I personally find it strange to say the least. When you already have access to everything within the account, introducing additional security measures for viewing historical transactions is the last thing you would expect. The code card makes perfect sense to authorise transfers but not to view old bills. By the way, this code is only required for downloading the statements for the actual bank account but not for the credit card account. Strange again.
27-06-2009, 19:58   #14
jester77

I tried the new site today, well actually I was forced to use it as they took the old one down. What a horrible re-design, really horrible. It's colours are less appealing and not soft on the eye, the layout is cluttered and way too busy especially on the right hand side, the fonts and sizes are big and very ugly and it looks like a server call is made every time you click on something. Someone should tell them that the idea of doing a re-design is to improve on what already exists. Hope enough people complain so that we can get the old site back.
28-06-2009, 19:14   #15
none

Don't fix it if it ain't broke... That's not for AIB, apparently. They look like have surplus of cash to mess around. Really no idea why this awful change. Everything was so good before (on both the aesthetic and functional sides).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion