Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Dealing School in Dublin City

Options
  • 16-06-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

The Voodoo Card Club is Dublin’s newest gaming venue located on the site of the old Voodoo Lounge on the Liffey. As the poker manager at the club I am offering anyone the opportunity to learn how to deal hold’em to a professional standard.

Registration is open at the club on Monday 22nd and 29th June from 10:30am to 5pm at the club – 39-40 Arran Quay, Smithfield (Luas), Dublin 7. The school will last three days with certification tests on the Friday.

No previous experience is required and employment is not guaranteed but there are full-time and part time positions to be filled. The club opens its doors on Friday July 10th with a weekend of non-stop action.

For details call me Nick on 086-083-7575 or email info@voodoocardclub.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Goodluck with the new venture guy's , I will look forward to visiting the place soon

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

+1 gl guys

does this course cost anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

would people rally pay for it is a better question :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Nick V

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    does this course cost anything?
    The course is completely free - all you have to give is your valuable time and effort. Come along on Monday and give it a try?

This course is well suited to those with a keen interest in poker who might be interested in exploring whether they could make a bit of cash by dealing in their spare time. Even those with experience might enjoy spending a few days revising all the basics and making a few new friends in our gorgeous new club...

• Advertisement

Donkathon wrote: »
    would people rally pay for it is a better question :D
    My thinking is that people would have paid for it, if we had wanted to charge... This is a genuinely informative course that I am putting a lot of time, effort and experience into creating.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Just to clarify, does the course start on the 22nd?? or is that just registration?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭rx8

Any age restrictions on those taking part,as my son and two of his college mates would be interested but he won't be 18 until August.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Nick V wrote: »
    The Voodoo Card Club is Dublin’s newest gaming venue located on the site of the old Voodoo Lounge on the Liffey. As the poker manager at the club I am offering anyone the opportunity to learn how to deal hold’em to a professional standard.

Registration is open at the club on Monday 22nd and 29th June from 10:30am to 5pm at the club – 39-40 Arran Quay, Smithfield (Luas), Dublin 7. The school will last three days with certification tests on the Friday.

No previous experience is required and employment is not guaranteed but there are full-time and part time positions to be filled. The club opens its doors on Friday July 10th with a weekend of non-stop action.

For details call me Nick on 086-083-7575 or email info@voodoocardclub.com

Hi Nick, my understanding is that if I register for this on Mon 22nd then the school will run on the Tue-Thurs of that week with the certification test on the Fri. Is this correct? Thanks

Hi Nick, my understanding is that if I register for this on Mon 22nd then the school will run on the Tue-Thurs of that week with the certification test on the Fri. Is this correct? Thanks
    That's right - I'm running a second course starting on the 29th too for anyone who can't make it next week. The course is for 18 year olds and over only...

• Advertisement

elusiveguy wrote: »
    Just to clarify, does the course start on the 22nd?? or is that just registration?
    Registration is on the 22nd with an opportunity for me to meet you and have a chat... the structured course proper doesn't start until the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Sounds like a good opportunity for those of you who are too posh for the dole. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm just being nosey here, but will these make up much of a % of the dealers in the club when it starts? I realise there is a relatively limited supply of experienced dealers, but one of my bugbears is slow dealers who can't count chips etc. No matter how good a course, if they are beginners, 3 days would still leave them raw. If there are only a couple then it can be ok, especially if they are quick learners, but if they are all the same it can be very off putting for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Eh... What certification?

fatguy wrote: »
    Sounds like a good opportunity for those of you who are too posh for the dole. ;)

:eek: I thought you had to be posh to be on the dole in the first place.

I might go and sign on so. ;)

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm just being nosey here, but will these make up much of a % of the dealers in the club when it starts? I realise there is a relatively limited supply of experienced dealers, but one of my bugbears is slow dealers who can't count chips etc. No matter how good a course, if they are beginners, 3 days would still leave them raw. If there are only a couple then it can be ok, especially if they are quick learners, but if they are all the same it can be very off putting for players.

It can be a bit off-putting having slow dealers but I suppose dealers have to start somewhere. It might be a good idea to have a mix of experienced and learners together as this will eventually increase the amount of experienced dealers which would be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Kimba

Your strongest learner is only going to be as good as your weakest experienced dealer.

Dealers pick up bad habits everywhere - because they think things look good, like shuffling chips for example. This is not part of training anywhere in the world yet most do it.

Unless proceedures are in place and insisted upon all the time, dealers will not get any better than what they were originally trained.

5starpool wrote: »

Rest assured that dealing standards at the Voodoo will be high and I'm hiring experienced dealers as well as running the training school. Speaking of which - if there is anyone out there with experience specifically pot-limit cash looking to become part of the team - get in touch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Is there a time limit on the registration on monday? say 9am to 1pm, or is it open all day?

I wish you all the luck with your venture.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Is there a time limit on the registration on monday? say 9am to 1pm, or is it open all day?

I wish you all the luck with your venture.

Registration will be open all day on Monday. Due to demand I've decided to the run the course the following week (starting Monday 29th) in the evenings. So if you were frustrated at not being able to attend in the day - this is your opportunity.

I'm looking forward to seeing all those interested and thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

• Advertisement

I'd just like to thank all those who attended this week. We had a great time and feedback from all those who completed the course was incredibly positive and I think we all had a great time. I'm looking forward to the coming week's evening course. Registration open at the club all day and evening Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

when are u opening nik

The club is opening next weekend - Friday 10th July. You come in and register this coming week. Watch out here on boards or our website for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RiverRat

any of those positions left?

The Dealer School was a great sucess and I plan to repeat it as soon as I need to but don't have anything on the horizon yet. If you are interested in getting information regarding the next school please just PM me your email address / mobile number and I'll be sure to get in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sunshine222

Hello Nick,only 1 question with regards the pot limit job .Do you keep your own.

Advertisement