Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-07-2009, 12:58   #61
L31mr0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retr0gamer View Post
As for your problem in the nexus, haven't a clue.
Yeah I usually like to test the water to see what I can get away with, so the first guy I had to talk to in the Nexus I attacked, and he started attacking me back. Then every time I died and came back to the nexus he would still attack me meaning I could never talk to him. As it was at the start I decided to just restart the game.

I was just wondering if there was a way of stopping them from attacking you.
Advertisement
01-07-2009, 18:43   #62
AnCapaillMor

Its the reason the game is so difficult and great, actions have consequenses, there's no reload. You fart in the game and it saves it. Who is thats attacking you? You'd get away with not dealing with 1 or 2 of the guys in the nexus, but some are essential.
01-07-2009, 22:21   #63
Kiith

Christ this game is bloody hard. I know you've all said it, but christ :/

Very enjoyable game overall, although dying at a later stage in the level can be really frustrating. Especially when its a one hit kill against an emeny that looks normal enough, but is actually super strong. There's one guy in the first level that kept one-hitting me with his spear. The dragon killing me in 1 hit i dont mind....he's a dragon afterall. But the other guy nearly made me smash something.
01-07-2009, 23:07   #64
AnCapaillMor

The dude with the red eyes?, stay well away from any of them for a long long time. The dragon, stay well away again, although it is worth dieing for if you can take the heat shield. Dragon forgot about him, you can kill him later on with the help of a couple of hundred arrows.
02-07-2009, 16:55   #65
L31mr0d

Can someone explain the items to me. The hero soul... I've used it, nothing happened, now what?

Also, after I talked to the monumental I got given blue and white eye stones or something, what do I do with them?

Edit: Also what are the benefits to being alive and being a soul? I died, I used the Stone of Ephemeral Eyes (thinking it would restore me to where I died) but it merely just restored me to life again. The only noticeable difference I can see between being alive and being a soul is that my armour makes noise when I move and roll.

Also the guy with red eyes on the first level, I read a note before him that said you have to be soul lvl 40.

Last edited by L31mr0d; 02-07-2009 at 16:59.
Advertisement
02-07-2009, 17:01   #66
L31mr0d

nvm about the hero souls question, found the wiki:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/consumables

Looks like the in game description is a mistranslation:

"Mistranslation in item description. Says "Turns user into a soul," but should actually say "Turns into souls when used.""

So it just gives you souls to buy stuff, ok I understand now.
02-07-2009, 18:17   #67
AnCapaillMor

The hero's souls etc can come in handy when leveling up. Do not consume the demons souls, you'll be able to make some pretty nice weapons from the blacksmith at the start of stonefang tunnel.

Being alive the advantage is more energy, the disadvantage is dieing when alive takes away from a white world tendency.

The red eye, wait till you've at the level that'll allow you to hold the moon winged spear and the flame shield. If you've them at an appropriate level, he's piss easy, block with the shield and stab. I was taking on 3 of them with these weapons. Upgrade these as much as possible, if lucky enough its possible to take him out with a bow and arrow, just hit him long range, retreat and he'll walk back, rinse and repeat, sometimes it works. If you've death cloud or poison cloud already just hit him with it, then hide and wait.

Last edited by AnCapaillMor; 02-07-2009 at 18:23.
04-07-2009, 22:54   #68
L31mr0d

Few questions:

1. After I defeat the phalanx demon where should I go next?
2. Also, is there anyway to return to the nexus without losing all my souls?
3. When I killed the phalanx he brought me back to life. Am I to assume to get surplus demon souls that I have to progress onto the next demon without losing one life?
4. I've read theres coop in some form, is this true? How does it work?
04-07-2009, 23:13   #69
Retr0gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L31mr0d View Post
Few questions:

1. After I defeat the phalanx demon where should I go next?
2. Also, is there anyway to return to the nexus without losing all my souls?
3. When I killed the phalanx he brought me back to life. Am I to assume to get surplus demon souls that I have to progress onto the next demon without losing one life?
4. I've read theres coop in some form, is this true? How does it work?
1. That's really up to you, once you beat that boss the game opens up to you.
2. Not sure about this but pretty sure you have to die or use the waystone.
3. Don't worry, you'll be dead again pretty soon. It's part of the game.
4. Yes there's co-op a little later on. You get an item that when used allows other players to join into your game. It leaves a marker that other players can touch to join into your game. You'll also be able to join other peoples games yourself in a while. Even more fun is that you'll soon be able to invade other peoples games for some PvP or have people invade your game.
Advertisement
05-07-2009, 16:49   #70
Gummy Panda
Rub my belly!

Damn those dragons burning bridges!!

It's a great game that has that frustated one more try feeling. I restarted as soldier as they're suppose to be easier to
play then knights
05-07-2009, 17:23   #71
Kiith

I'm still making surviving (so to speak) as my Knight. Having a tough time with the Tower Knight boss on 1-2 though. I know what to do, but doing it is kinda hard.

**** YOU TOWER KNIGHT!! AGH!!!!

Last edited by Kiith; 05-07-2009 at 17:51.
05-07-2009, 19:27   #72
Gummy Panda
Rub my belly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
I'm still making surviving (so to speak) as my Knight. Having a tough time with the Tower Knight boss on 1-2 though. I know what to do, but doing it is kinda hard.

**** YOU TOWER KNIGHT!! AGH!!!!
He killed me a few minutes ago. I knew i should've explored a bit before touching that fog especially after annoying blue eyes guys
06-07-2009, 08:46   #73
AnCapaillMor

Don't forget the crystal gecko up the stairs. Have ye got a decent bow yet? If so try and upgrade it, buy 100 or so arrows, go up to the top after taking out all the bowmen, find a place where the knight can't hit you and fire away at your hearts content, wait till he drops his shield. All about timing.

The bridge dragon can also be taken out with about 150 arrows. I'd advise running around the first section, just gathering up souls, farming the mini phalanx and keep going back to the nexus to level up, now that phalanx is no more, the blind doll can level you up. The moon winged spear is somewhere on the bridge too i think, its worth getting killed for.
06-07-2009, 11:01   #74
Kiith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnCapaillMor View Post
Don't forget the crystal gecko up the stairs. Have ye got a decent bow yet? If so try and upgrade it, buy 100 or so arrows, go up to the top after taking out all the bowmen, find a place where the knight can't hit you and fire away at your hearts content, wait till he drops his shield. All about timing.

The bridge dragon can also be taken out with about 150 arrows. I'd advise running around the first section, just gathering up souls, farming the mini phalanx and keep going back to the nexus to level up, now that phalanx is no more, the blind doll can level you up. The moon winged spear is somewhere on the bridge too i think, its worth getting killed for.
I've gotten the Moon Winged Spear i think, just after buying a short spear from the merchant guy on 1-2. I've only got a **** bow so far though, and i used the only 6 arrows i found on some random enemies on 2-1. Will try and farm some more, and will go to 4-1 to get the better bow.

It better work though, as i dont think i can handle another instant death from the Tower Knight.
06-07-2009, 11:08   #75
AnCapaillMor

Instant death on tower knight, you definately need to level up then. concentrate on vitality, strength and dexterity, you'll definately need to up them to use the moon winged spear. Level up magic later.

Hold on to the moon winged spear, particularly handy for the skeletons on 4-1. upgrade the crap out of it, for me it's the best weapon in the game. Upgrade the crap out of the compund long bow. Makes most of the boss battles so much easier.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion