Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Hygienist

Options
  • 15-04-2009 3:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good dental hygienist in the city or subs?? also if anyone knows a good dentist - having trouble finding someone who doesn't want to give me a filling or extraction everytime I go in. that must be how they make their money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

angeldaisy wrote: »
    can anyone recommend a good dental hygienist in the city or subs?? also if anyone knows a good dentist - having trouble finding someone who doesn't want to give me a filling or extraction everytime I go in. that must be how they make their money?

Shields Dental centre are good. Two brothers. Good hygienist there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Alexandra Dental Practice on O'Connell Ave. OH goes there and is happy. Good hygienist too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

Dennis Kerrisk (dentist) is very very good at his job and reasonably priced too.
    O'Connell Steet or Avenue not sure, just up pasted the traffic lights for Mallow street. First building on the right that isnt being refurbished I think.

Cant recommend him enough, he is straight up if you dont need filling etc.. he will tell you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Alexandra Dental Practice on O'Connell Ave. OH goes there and is happy. Good hygienist too.

+1
    I go to Annette O'Donovan there. Lovely practice,friendly staff and my teeth are in tip top shape :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

panda100 wrote: »
    +1
    I go to Annette O'Donovan there. Lovely practice,friendly staff and my teeth are in tip top shape :)

Totally disagree. I went to her and found her awful, service really bad and overpriced but I suppose that's all subjective. I was telling a friend recently though about my trip there and he said his OH went and she suggested different types of cosmetic dentistry and the girl was felt so bad leaving. Seemingly, her teeth are good and the suggestions were inappropriate and looked liked a money making racket.

Same guy recommended that the next time I need a visit to a dentist I should go to Abbey Dental Practice in Raheen. He said they're extremely helpful, explain things thoroughly and talk through pricing, different options etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pat_H

panda100 wrote: »
    +1

I have just finished a course of lengthy treatment with Annette O'Donovan at Alexandra Dental. My mouth was in a real state when I first went to her and I was in a lot of pain. She has saved a lot of my teeth and done some cosmetic work on the front ones. I am able to smile now without having to hide my teeth. It wasn't cheap, especially in the recession, but really worth it. An excellent service and good quality of work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dmannix

Superb Dental Practice, all my family go here after my original dentist retired.

Excellent up to date service. Efficient, pleasant staff and certainly not pushy towards any expensive cosmetic dentistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Please do not drag up old threads

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement