Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality Flat Pack Kitchen Advice

Options
  • 05-04-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

.... contradiction in terms ?

Hi Folks,

I am looking to purchase and fit a quality flat pack kitchen for my new house. I am looking for something contemporary and a sort of italian feel to it. See the pictures below...

The two local suppliers/kitcens I have in mind are the Lugano Kitchen from B&Q (really Cooke & Lewis) and the Naxos Kitchen from inhouse / panelling centre.

You get the idea of what we are after, 1000mm / 900mm wide drawers, high gloss cream finish, dark wood end panels / finishing.

I know there are a few trade folks on here and I would like their opinion on the quality of the above and moreover if they can recommend alternatives / superior quality suppliers.

I think.... the stuff from B&Q (Cooke & Lewis) is decent quality as is the stuff inhouse are supplying... but I am open to opinions.....

I had a look at the IKEA stuff a while back..... oh dear...... I like their kitchen planner though....

Thanks in advance !

P.

pro_largeimage_157.jpg
    getimage.aspx?imageid=175&size=custom&dimensions=500&UsePrimaryImage=True

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AMV8

Cash & Carry Kitchens do a High Gloss Cream Kitchen similar to the one in the photograph. It's not flat pack, all base and wall units arrive assembled so it should save you either time yourself or money iof you're paying a fitter.

I am connected to Cash & Carry Kitchens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Stay away from Woodcraft kitchens in Navan. Cheap but very very poor quality

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mikewest

I would recommend the B&Q kitchens as the quailty is quite high and also relatively cheap. If you are buying one though it used to be a lot cheaper to buy from the north i.e. get yourself a van for the day and go to Craigavon or similar for the day with your pre assembled list of all necessary parts (cabinets, doors, colour match sides, handles if you like the B&Q ones, plinths, etc,etc.) There is quite an amount of work in fitting their kitchens correctly but not past the capabilities of a half decent diyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

imo-

from what i have seen,b +q are poor quality,their cabinets are really poor grade chipboard.they just look cheap.

inhouse have a good selection but they can be dear for what you get.cash and carry and in house use the same drawer systems and hinges.cash and carry have a very limited selection though,both of unit sizes and colours.so if you like a c+c kitchen go for it as there is very little difference between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks for the feedback guys !

Appreciate it !

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

bauderline wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback guys !

Appreciate it !

P.

C&C all the way you will not get better for your Euro.
    I have fitted 1000,s and find them the best unless you want to pay a fortune.

.. Well I have had a C&C kitchen for the last 6 years... the one thing that has always bugged me about it is the difference in colour of the foil wrap maple doors and the maple melamine... it doesn't look right... so I had concerns about the quality..

Having said that they may have improved in the last few years... must pay them a visit...

P.

Folks,

I mocked up the design of kitchen we are after using the IKEA kitchen planner. I have uploaded screenshots of it at the blog below.

If anyone wants to take a peek and make comments on the layout feel free to do so. Also feel free to drop me a PM me if interested in providing a quote. I am looking at doing this work in September sometime...

http://watergate-house.blogspot.com/

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

i would go with c&c or b&q have fitted both good quality stuff in both

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Hi Bauderline,

You work in IT? Thank you for sharing that with us, you must be very excited to have it coming to completion.
    I am planning a build too at the moment with architect Tech who is not in favour with my wanting a basement with underground Garage (as I want to be able to drive down turn around even with a second car down there and drive out) How much extra did your basement add to your build (approx percentages) if you don't mind me asking that is!

CS

• Advertisement

I think the cost was circa 40k for my basement including the cost of the precast used for the ceiling of the basement.

The garage cost around 25k for the foundations, shuttered walls and the precast roof. Good value I thought as its bloody enormous !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mick Bloggs

check the comments on this tread:- new kitchen

Advertisement