Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I complain to Dunnes?

Options
  • 09-03-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

My fiance went shopping last friday, he came home with a dunnes stores easywok Lamb Stir Fry "tender strips of fresh Irish Lamb with a Pesto sauce and Fresh Vegetables"

Sounds lovely right?
    WRONG!

Its not even a stir fry, there is not even pesto in it, even though on the back it says there is pesto, but after adding in the sauce which we thought was the wrong colour but never having had pesto before we went ahead and added, when it was cooked my fiance was hungray so he stuck in a chip and tasted, IT WAS A HOT HOT CURRY SAUCE!!

Well as I do not like HOT and SPICY curry sauce it has ruined my night, My fiance does not mind it but he has only had a few mouth fulls and cannot eat anymore.

Here are the ingrediants it says on the back:

Irish Lamb (58%)
    Marinade (1%) [olive oil, Herbs]
    Vegetable Selection (21%) Beansprouts (there were none), Cabbage and Carrots.
    Pesto Sauce (17%) water, pasturised double cream (milk), full fat soft cheese (milk), water, Skimmed milk powder, Modified miaze startch, salt, preservative (potassium sorbate),green pesto (6%), White wine, Chicken Bouillon (chicken(bones, meat fat), Water, salt), Modified Maize strtch, Herb, Vegetable bouillon, salt, spice.

So as you can see there is no curry mix in there apart from a little spice at the end, The apparant pesto sauce was a deep red. There was no indication on the pack that it was in any was shape or form spicy or Hot!

How can I complain to dunnes for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Go back to the store???

If it's not too late, keep some evidence, freeze it if necessary and keep the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

go back ask for the deli manager tell him what happened they will give you your money back or replace it for you and btw the more you complain the more you will get.......:):D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

By any chance did somebody swap the sleeves on the ready meals. It happens!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've complained to dunnes last year regarding the quality of a product , i emailed them 'customer.service@dunnes-stores.ie'

Was advised to return a sample of the product and they would look into it.

I returned it to the store and was given a replacement and some yummy biscuits there. The lady i delt with via email got back to me some weeks later
    and explained what turned out to be wrong with the product.

So in my experience they take complaints a lot more seriously than some other supermarkets who's name begins with T.

wmpdd3 sounds right about it being in the wrong packaging id say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well as I do not like HOT and SPICY curry sauce it has ruined my night,

epic lulz :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭unir1916

ring head office and with out hesitation ask to be put through to the "red meat buying office".they take this kind of thing very seriously and your going right to the top with this type of complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It was just a mixup - more than likely the wrong sauce was added etc

Jut go in and explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

I'd say the sleeves were mixed and you might have got the beef one as there is a redish sauce with that one and i thought it was a bit spicy.
    Though you'd probably have tasted the difference in the meat surely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OMG!!

OP, can you explain, as it's not very clear from your post. Exactly how many people died? Did they suffer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

eth0_ wrote: »
    epic lulz :D

?? What's a lul?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

unir1916 wrote: »
    ring head office and with out hesitation ask to be put through to the "red meat buying office".they take this kind of thing very seriously and your going right to the top with this type of complaint

Ah seriosuly now. There was the wrong sauce in the packaging, that is all. All you had to do was bring it back and exchange, no 'going right to the top'. In fact the only thing going right to the top would be the echoes of laughter for such a complaint.

Jip wrote: »
    Ah seriosuly now. There was the wrong sauce in the packaging, that is all. All you had to do was bring it back and exchange, no 'going right to the top'. In fact the only thing going right to the top would be the echoes of laughter for such a complaint.

Your sarcasm detector is non existent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

calex71 wrote: »
    As if LOL wasn't annoying enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Big Wave wrote: »
    Your sarcasm detector is non existent.

It doesn't start till lunch time. In all fairness, some of the posts around here are pretty similar and completely serious !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Go to the small claims court!!!!1
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, just bring it back and exchange it its no big deal, this is not some excuse for you to get compensation

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mandandpeter

Cabaal wrote: »
    Go to the small claims court!!!!1
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, just bring it back and exchange it its no big deal, this is not some excuse for you to get compensation

I was not looking for compensation! I was just looking for some advice on the best course of action, I do not appreciate some of the "sarcastic" remarks that have been made in this post. What if I had been allergic to something in curry? I just want to make sure that it was a simple mistake and not a problem with the whole batch.

To those who were helpful and not sarcastic thank you, I will be taking it back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

ha ha ha this thread has made my evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Was in Dunnes yesterday and some of their ready meals do seam to fit in the same sleeve.

People are always sliding them out and leaving them around or swapping a reduced stickered 1 for a full price 1.

Very funny when the sleeve doesn't fit and they present it at the till all buckeled and with a look of innocence on their face.

Looks like this is what happened.

I say yougo in and demand to complain to Dunnes' customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mandandpeter

**** UPDATE ****

Went and took the packaging in today with a sample in a foodbag, and the recipt and talked to customer service, The confimerd it was there curry and that someone must have changed the sleeve. She gave us our money back and let us chose a ready meal for free.

So that was not bad we are happy with that,

she did say that it happends quite regularly but the cashier usually notices and changes it for you at the checkout.

Thanks to all that replied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Did someone die?? I dont see it as such a big deal. It's not Dunnes who put the wrong sauce into it. It's the suppliers. So go to Dunnes and ask them who the suppliers are. BTW if it says Dunnes make on it, it doesnt mean Dunnes made it. A seperate company is supplying the stuff and letting Dunnes brand it. Example Dunnes popcorn. Labelled Dunnes, made by Kelkin.
    My fiance went shopping last friday, he came home with a dunnes stores easywok Lamb Stir Fry "tender strips of fresh Irish Lamb with a Pesto sauce and Fresh Vegetables"

Sounds lovely right?
    WRONG!

Its not even a stir fry, there is not even pesto in it, even though on the back it says there is pesto, but after adding in the sauce which we thought was the wrong colour but never having had pesto before we went ahead and added, when it was cooked my fiance was hungray so he stuck in a chip and tasted, IT WAS A HOT HOT CURRY SAUCE!!

Well as I do not like HOT and SPICY curry sauce it has ruined my night, My fiance does not mind it but he has only had a few mouth fulls and cannot eat anymore.

Here are the ingrediants it says on the back:

Irish Lamb (58%)
    Marinade (1%) [olive oil, Herbs]
    Vegetable Selection (21%) Beansprouts (there were none), Cabbage and Carrots.
    Pesto Sauce (17%) water, pasturised double cream (milk), full fat soft cheese (milk), water, Skimmed milk powder, Modified miaze startch, salt, preservative (potassium sorbate),green pesto (6%), White wine, Chicken Bouillon (chicken(bones, meat fat), Water, salt), Modified Maize strtch, Herb, Vegetable bouillon, salt, spice.

So as you can see there is no curry mix in there apart from a little spice at the end, The apparant pesto sauce was a deep red. There was no indication on the pack that it was in any was shape or form spicy or Hot!

How can I complain to dunnes for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭skulltown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

5 years later???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@skulltown As you're a new poster on Boards, please be advised that it is generally not acceptable to bring old threads back to life.

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement