Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headsup League 2009 Interest List

• 05-02-2009 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

Ok folks, i'm looking for an interest list for the 2009 version of the Headsup League. Below is an outline of the way it ran last year and the final results.

I can change the buyin amounts and the numbers depending on interest so if you'd want o play in any of the leagues, just let me know by posting your interest in this thread. I would like no more than a maximum of 12 in each league. You can declare interest in more than 1 league.

I'd ask only players than can commit to play over the next 3 months apply. There was quite a few drop outs last year and it got really messy as some dropped out halfway through. I needed to go back over results and award walkovers to people they previously beat etc....I also needed to determine which players made more of an effort trying to organise matches and award walkovers / void results where applicable. Messy...

I havent proof read any of this so i apologise for any mistakes. Pop up your interest, comments, questions, concerns etc in this thread.

The competition was meant to include 4 leagues of 12 players. If there was only interest for 3 leagues, then either Serie C or Serie D will be dropped. In the end, we went with Serie A, Serie B and a 16 player Serie C

The entry fee for each of the leagues was set as below. The reason we had a limit of the minimum fee per game was to find a happy medium because some players wanted to play $1 and others $500! Generally players can agree between themselves what stakes they want to play

Serie A - This will be a $250 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $20
    Serie B - This will be a $130 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $10
    Serie C - This will be a $90 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $5
    Serie D - This will be a $60 buyin and there is no minimum per game.

Each player will play 11 best of 3 headsup games on with the winner being awarded 2 points and the loser 0.

Next is the bit that a lot of players got confused with and couldnt understand :rolleyes:

Each player may play his 1st 8 fixtures in any order, at any time but they must be complete over an 8 week period.

Ideally, i'd like to have a week 1 fixture list..You play your game and the winner gets 2 points, the loser gets 0. In reality, that wont work. Players cant make it for one reason or another, they agree to play at another time, they both blame each other for not being able to play etc and things fall apart. By allowing the first 8 fixtures to be played in any order, at any time over an 8 week period allows everyone ample time to squeeze the games in.

The last 3 fixtures must not be played until each person in the league has completed 8 matches and only then will the final 3 rounds of fixtures commence.

The reason for this is so that everyone will have played the same amount of games by a predetermined time and will leave 3 games to fight it out for spoils. If you played any of these 3 games out of order, they will be classed as null and void.

At the end of the season the top 3 players in each league will be awarded prizemoney and in the case of Serie B/C/D will also be promoted to the next league should they accept the T+Cs posed.

The bottom 3 players in each league will be relegated to a lower league and in the case of Serie D, be omitted from the league with 3 new players taking their places.

If players are tied on points come the end of the season, placings will be decided on the result of the HU match between those 2 players. If 3 or more players are tied and HU matches cannot determine a winner, then play-off matches will occur

Prize money will be

Serie A - $250 buyin
    1st - 1600
    2nd - 900
    3rd - 500

Serie B - $130 buyin
    1st - 830
    2nd - 470
    3rd - 260

Serie C - $90 buyin
    1st - 570
    2nd - 325
    3rd - 180

Serie D - $60 buyin
    1st - 385
    2nd - 215
    3rd - 120

Terms and Conditons

Entry fees must be paid before the season starts

Players must make an effort to play a minimum of 1 match per week.

Once a player plays his entry fee, he shall not be given a refund should be not be able to fullfil his fixtures.

If a player cannot fulftil his full list of fixtures, he will be automatically relegated from the league. A walkover will be awarded to all his opponents. The walkover will also be awarded to any players which he may have beaten in previous matches.

Any player that takes part in the league, must do so in strict confidence, and if posting a HH, not disclose an opponents SN nor post it anywhere on boards.

Results from previous League..

Players that finished in the Top 3, have the option of joining of being promoted to the higher league. You dont have to be promoted but you are guaranteed a spot should you wish

huleagueef4.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

**See post no.41 for further updates**

This year will also see an FA CUP style knockout competion for anyone that wishes to enter. Cost of entry will be $15 and this will be done intermittingly (sp?) throughout the season. It will be a random draw and all rounds will have 1 week to complete matches or a walkover will be awarded.

Serie A - $250 entry fee
    Holllllaments
    DeVore
    Daithio
    Jackyback
    Norwich Fan Rob
    [nicK]
    BigToad

one ill cat
    White Knight
    dwayman
    Wolves
    bottom feeder
    Imposter
    aidankk
    Strewelpeter

ITT-Pat
    Lao Lao
    one ill cat
    shano 88
    pierce hard
    dvdfan
    Captain Obvious
    FuttBucker
    The Tourist
    aya14

ITT-Pat
    Ramiriquez
    Conbro
    Lao Lao
    pkaces
    dvdfan
    Captain Obvious
    dangerousdavid
    Mr check raise
    Futtbucker
    aya14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

C or D il throw my name in for. Pref C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Interested in C & D please Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Flushdraw wrote: »
    $250
    holla

$130

$90

$60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

inski C & D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Interest in D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

underrolled for D but might take a shot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

interest in D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Hi Tony,
    Well done on showing such a great interest again this year. I had to withdraw from last years tourney but I'd love to make up for it this year. I officially finished bottom 3 so stick me in whatever division suits.

Connie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

I'll go for C & D please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

A for me and i will stick cat into B or C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

I'll have a whirl at A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Daithio wrote: »
    I'll have a whirl at A.

Ah revenge....same please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

what site is it on?

shano_88 wrote: »
    what site is it on?

Not decided yet...it will all be played on one site. I've had contact from a couple of sites expressing interest. it was all on GreenJokerPoker last year

i have an interest in c but il have to wait til tomoro or the day after to clarify.......

shano_88 wrote: »
    i have an interest in c but il have to wait til tomoro or the day after to clarify.......

Theres nothing official yet..Its only an interest list to see what numbers we are looking at and how best to run the leagues. I cant grantee that everyone will get the leagues they have a preference for, or that everyone will be included.

Preference will obviously go to those that played previously and had a good record of meeting deadlines, long term posters and posters that can be vouched for. I'll be trying to accommodate thats interested though

Theres nothing official yet..Its only an interest list to see what numbers we are looking at and how best to run the leagues. I cant grantee that everyone will get the leagues they have a preference for, or that everyone will be included.

Preference will obviously go to those that played previously and had a good record of meeting deadlines, long term posters and posters that can be vouched for. I'll be trying to accommodate thats interested though

thats sounds fair. put me down on the interest list for c so.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

B please Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

looks good. put my name on the list for C. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭dwayman

series B please......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

Interested in B but site dependant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

C or D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

good job, i'll try a..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

hi ya tony, if theres room i'll try b again.
    hopefully we wont as many walkovers this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

c or d, prefer c. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

D please sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

D please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

B for me ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

B again please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

this was excellent last year but I have to opt out due to family life getting in the way (damn children :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

Im in for D/C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭BigToad

I'll play in A but on gjp there's a bug in the hu games(there was about 3 months ago anyway) poker stars is best for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

C for me. Thanks.

BigToad wrote: »
    I'll play in A but on gjp there's a bug in the hu games(there was about 3 months ago anyway) poker stars is best for me.

AFAIK there wasnt any problems with GJP last year, although i havent played much HU on the site in a while. I'm not going to be disturbing Mike during the deepstack festival to see if there is any problems. Been also talking to another couple of sites in relation to running the games.

Either way, all the games for the league will have to be played on the same site, especially if there's extra money, prizes etc being offered.

I've been talking to pokerstars and my main concern with them, is that their HU games fill up extremely quickly (esp at lower levels) and this could prove difficult and annoying for people trying to meet deadlines.

Ipoker skins offer their own tables which is an easier option for arranging matches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

C or D pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

I've been talking to pokerstars and my main concern with them, is that their HU games fill up extremely quickly (esp at lower levels) and this could prove difficult and annoying for people trying to meet deadlines.

Ipoker skins offer their own tables which is an easier option for arranging matches

I thought stars did private HU games that regenerate when full.

I'd hope to be able to play this B,C or D would be good.

I thought stars did private HU games that regenerate when full.

I'd hope to be able to play this B,C or D would be good.

I thought all private games involved setting up a certain time / date etc which is something i'm trying to get away from?

I put you in for B Tony, I'll have to do some jigging around but C/D seem to be most popular and by the time this runs for a couple of days, it might get bigger than i planned

I spoke with Stars before about setting up private games. They sent me an email saying that once you had earned 2000 FPP you were eligible to set them up. I'm not sure if you have to contact them each time you want to set one up or if you can do it yourself. Maybe someone with more than 2000 FPP could try this.

Also, the GJP specific heads up tables (not the Ipoker wide ones) are quiet enough to meet someone there, although randomers do come along from time to time. If this happens, just go all in every hand. They love that, especially when you suck out on them big time :rolleyes:.

Hope that helps.

This year will also see an FA CUP style knockout competion for anyone that wishes to enter. Cost of entry will be $15 and this will be done intermittingly (sp?) throughout the season. It will be a random draw and all rounds will have 1 week to complete matches or a walkover will be awarded.

Serie A - $250 entry fee
    Holllllaments
    DeVore
    Daithio
    Jackyback
    Norwich Fan Rob
    [nicK]
    BigToad
    BIGMICKG
    ShipIt

one ill cat
    White Knight
    dwayman
    Wolves
    bottom feeder
    Imposter
    aidankk
    Strewelpeter
    ZZR1100
    DeadParrot
    TommyGunne
    ShipIt

ITT-Pat
    Lao Lao
    one ill cat
    shano 88
    pierce hard
    dvdfan
    Captain Obvious
    FuttBucker
    The Tourist
    aya14
    ZZR1100
    TommyGunne
    ShipIt
    Mocata
    pocketdooz

ITT-Pat
    Ramiriquez
    Conbro
    Lao Lao
    pkaces
    dvdfan
    Captain Obvious
    dangerousdavid
    Mr check raise
    Futtbucker
    aya14
    TommyGunne
    premierstone
    Mocata

• Advertisement

I spoke with Stars before about setting up private games. They sent me an email saying that once you had earned 2000 FPP you were eligible to set them up. I'm not sure if you have to contact them each time you want to set one up or if you can do it yourself. Maybe someone with more than 2000 FPP could try this.

Yeah i've setup quite a few tournaments on stars (BCOOP). You dont have to contact them everytime, you always have that access. The problem is that you will have to setup a HU game, for a specific buyin, at a specific time and date. If its not played, the game is gone. This is far to much hassle and i wont be setting up hundreds of private HU tournies on stars!

The idea of playing 8 games over 8 weeks in any order, is that nobody is tied to a time and that the games can be played whenever people are free.
    Also, the GJP specific heads up tables (not the Ipoker wide ones) are quiet enough to meet someone there, although randomers do come along from time to time. If this happens, just go all in every hand. They love that, especially when you suck out on them big time :rolleyes:.

This is a rare occasion. We want the games quiet..If myself and yourself were organising a game, it will be much easier getting a skin specific table to play our game. If a randomer pops in, so be it..Kick his @ss first, then reg again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

B please Tony.

This is far to much hassle and i wont be setting up hundreds of private HU tournies on stars!

I assumed that anyone with the access could set their own games up 5 minutes beforehand and anyone who couldn't could have other options, like GJP. You setting them all up is crazy talk mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

B or C pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I assumed that anyone with the access could set their own games up 5 minutes beforehand and anyone who couldn't could have other options, like GJP. You setting them all up is crazy talk mate.

I think they have to be set up at least 30 mins in advance.

+1 for it to be on stars, tbh i dont think i would play if it was on GJP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I got promoted last season I think
    So I'll be Hull in B please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

B c or d please!

FuttBucker wrote: »
    +1 for it to be on stars, tbh i dont think i would play if it was on GJP

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people to fill the void if you only have a preference to play on stars

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people to fill the void if you only have a preference to play on stars

not to worry, i thought that could be a problem, when will you be able to confirm the site? Can you transfer funds on GJP cause i dont want to go through withdrawing and depositing etc., im a lazy one:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement