Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-01-2009, 19:06   #1
roskey

Acid Rave in Ireland

Hey, Does anyone know where/if there are any early 90's stlye acid illegal/legal raves being held in Ireland????? Ive always wanted to go to one but was 7 years old in 1992

P.S. Also, if anyoen knows of a good Drum & Bass party place/club fill me in please & thank you....
Advertisement
31-01-2009, 21:51   #2
jonny68

11pm Dollymount Strand next Saturday night Acid Party

31-01-2009, 22:05   #3
Scubadevils
Did I dream, you dreamed about me?

Huge regret of mine that I never got to a proper acid house style rave. I was at one or two illegal raves, the likes of the bunkers on the golf course in Bettystown etc, but not to the scale of what they had across the water.

I remember also there was a big event being organized called Mecca. We bought our tickets well in advance and had to meet I think around Temple Bar on the night of the party to be told where the venue was. There was also buses due to pick all the eager ravers up. I remember getting to the pick up point and seeing a poster on a wall with the following written on -

Mecca cancelled due to Garda intervention

We were gutted. Well, for an hour or so until we landed back in the Temple of Sound and got off our faces as normal.
31-01-2009, 22:09   #4
ntlbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixdhc View Post
Huge regret of mine that I never got to a proper acid house style rave. I was at one or two illegal raves, the likes of the bunkers on the golf course in Bettystown etc, but not to the scale of what they had across the water.

I remember also there was a big event being organized called Mecca. We bought our tickets well in advance and had to meet I think around Temple Bar on the night of the party to be told where the venue was. There was also buses due to pick all the eager ravers up. I remember getting to the pick up point and seeing a poster on a wall with the following written on -

We were gutted. Well, for an hour or so until we landed back i

n the Temple of Sound and got off our faces as normal.
the problem with "ilegal raves" these days is they get plastered all over bebo etc which is very closley monitored

we need to do a "boards ilegal rave" via pm only
31-01-2009, 22:13   #5
Scubadevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntlbell View Post
the problem with "ilegal raves" these days is they get plastered all over bebo etc which is very closley monitored

Yeah it kinda takes the needed secrecy out of them, discussing venue, date and drug arrangements online. May as well walk into the local Garda station and hand over the plans!

Should do a boards one alright, although there would probably be only about 15 people at it Standing in a circle with a ghetto blaster in front of us, heads nodding off our t*ts to this..

Advertisement
31-01-2009, 22:18   #6
jonny68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixdhc View Post

We were gutted. Well, for an hour or so until we landed back in the Temple of Sound and got off our faces as normal.
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=rMR41Lxb1L4
Thanks from:
31-01-2009, 22:20   #7
ntlbell

lol

all we would need is this on repeat man

Thanks from:
31-01-2009, 22:22   #8
jonny68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntlbell View Post

you took the words right out of my mouth my friend, if someone can organise a venue, and decks,etc and lights and all that business ill most certainly organise DJ's and the music side of things (people will play for free of course) but IT MUST BE DONE BY PM ONLY and only a select amout of people must know until an hour before it actually happens
31-01-2009, 22:25   #9
ntlbell

lolz

Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-01-2009, 22:25   #10
Scubadevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny68 View Post
you took the words right out of my mouth my friend, if someone can organise a venue, and decks,etc and lights and all that business ill most certainly organise DJ's and the music side of things (people will play for free of course) but IT MUST BE DONE BY PM ONLY and only a select amout of people must know until an hour before it actually happens
I'd be well up for it. Now lets speak no more of it...
Thanks from:
31-01-2009, 22:26   #11
ntlbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny68 View Post
what i suggest is we do something, my other suggestion is that no other word of this should be on any thread on boards after this post.

I'll be in touch
01-02-2009, 13:11   #12
Zascar

We should definitely have a boards.ie meet up at some gig in town when a good DJ is over... Might be tricky trying to pick one we all like though...
01-02-2009, 14:14   #13
stomprockin
Closed Account

would be nice if someone could organize a boards night out,But i really hope know one dance's like this!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=PeDlJwmEye4

lol

think i might have been in that state a few time myself
01-02-2009, 16:10   #14
roskey

nice

wow, i didnt expect so many replys on this subject! just goes to show that acid rave is well in need of revival...anyone know of anymore nites happening that wud be even close to them good old days they seen across the pond????

If a boards acid rave party cud be organized cud u imagine the holy mortifing madness of it all!

Last edited by roskey; 01-02-2009 at 16:13.
01-02-2009, 22:17   #15
puresthatred

keep an eye open for puresthatred

dublin`s anodyne reborn soaked in acid and blown out of chernobyl
http://indiestore.7digital.com/puresthatred/

ill be bringing acid back with a twinge of industrial on my webshop plus mantrap records and psychonavigation in 09.

1992s not goin away

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion