Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to call eBay?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Can't find a phone number on their site

I emailed them 7 days ago with question, no answer. With the insane amount of fees they are taking I would expect a bit more Luve, know what I mean...

Anyone?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Get used to it. I'm buying and selling on eBay, mainly the latter, since 2002 and their customer service is dire. No way will you be able to get anyone by phone! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Even if you do get a reply to the email, it'll be only vaguely (if even that) related to what you asked, and about 2 words past an auto-responder.

Whatever questions you have, find the answers yourself, because eBay will not help you. You could post here, if it's not a sensitive issue, and you will likely get a better answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

The Ebay Ireland helpline number is 1890 944 222 they are open 8am to 9pm. This number comes up on my screen at the top right corner. I think you have to have a certain feedback level or something before they show it?

I'm a powerseller and I've been using Ebay since 2002.

Just don't tell them I told you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

omg, why are some people so stupid!

If you are a PowerSeller, that number is for you and other PowerSellers only!!

It is not to be posted in a forum for everybody and anybody to use!!When non powersellers call that number, they will be told they are not entitled to Phone Support through that number and they will be told to go to the 'Contact Us' forum in the Help pages. ( i know this because I used to work for the PowerSeller team)

There is a number specically for buyers .... if you log in to My eBay, you will see this number on the top right hand side of your screen. If its not there, you're not entitled to phone support, you need to build a bridge and get over it :p

If it has been a week and you have not had a response the ques are either really really busy, or you did not use the Contact Us forum correctly and need to try again.

You are incorrect Dallas, I have had that helpline phone number showing on my "My Ebay" page for around 9 months now, I rang them back in the summer with a query, yet I only registered as a Powerseller 3 weeks ago? Please explain this.

Tough sh*t if my giving out their "private" helpline number allows a few more people to ring them with queries, it should make them buck their ideas up, they are lazy when it comes to answering questions from people who at the end of the day are paying to use their service. Do you actually check your Ebay invoices, the fee to have your auctions viewable to USA/Canada has gone up to 15 cents, it used to be 7 cents. Ebay needs a kick up the arse and they need to improve their customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

So what is the story with their call center in Blanchardstown?
    They have a big facility but are nowhere useful to customers. They never replied to my query although I got an automated response tht said somebody will get back to me.

Anyway yeah best thing to do is to learn everything by yourself so you do not need to bother them so they can keep watching TV while people are shopping :-)

omg, if you read my post with your eyes instead of your attitude, you would see i said 'There is a number specically for buyers'.. you may have been one of these 'top buyers' hence you had this number before you became a Powerseller.. or.. the system reconised you were a powerseller before you did and provided you with that number.

there is nothing wrong with ebay's customer service, obviously we need to go by a process of elimination.. ie have you checked A, B or C.

also, ebay will never have a general phone number for everyone as there are hundreds of thousands of users in ireland alone so tough tittys to you.

the building in blanchardstown, is not just centred around helping irish buyers will really stupid questions... it deals with all different areas of the european market, sellers, buyers, motor dealers, fraud, account takeover, listing removal etc

i can assure you, a tv would sit rather nicely on my desk, but sadly this wont happen either

Dallas - I beg to disagree with your assessment of eBay's customer service. My experience is of unanswered questions, automated replies and no action taken against clearly identifiable 'rogue' buyers. The whole system is entirely weighted against the seller - don't take my word for it - just visit eBay's own message boards to see the current level of disatisfaction.
    I have several thousand sales through eBay since I started but now divert as much of my trading away from them as possible. In some cases I make less profit but at least I am not being crucified by their fees and outrageous PayPal charges. As I've said before eBay are slowly but surely throttling the Goose that laid the Golden Egg!! :D

*Dallas wrote: »
    omg there is nothing wrong with ebay's customer service, obviously we need to go by a process of elimination.. ie have you checked A, B or C

Dallas I'm sorry my "attitude" seems to annoy, perhaps you could explain why when I sent a query to Ebay 2 weeks ago, in the usual way via the website, that they failed to answer that message and instead chose to answer a query I had sent them last July - 7 months ago!

I have responded saying thank you for finally answering my message from July but could you please answer the current query. Its another week down the line and I have had no response from them. They did send me a customer satisfaction survey which I filled out very truthfully, I think Ebay Customer service needs an overhall so it does the job its supposed to do, help Ebay customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Just my two cents worth but I have the phone number on the top right of my account too. I have never sold on the site but have 100% feedback for about 190 items. I have to say its a very good system and any problems I have had in the past have been solved through a simple phone call. Its great to get an instant fix. The call system should be open to everyone on ebay and not just the select few. I dont think there is any point in passing on the number to you as I am sure they know who is and who is not supposed to be using it.

• Advertisement

pissed wrote: »
    Just my two cents worth but I have the phone number on the top right of my account too. I have never sold on the site but have 100% feedback for about 190 items. I have to say its a very good system and any problems I have had in the past have been solved through a simple phone call. Its great to get an instant fix. The call system should be open to everyone on ebay and not just the select few. I dont think there is any point in passing on the number to you as I am sure they know who is and who is not supposed to be using it.

I'm intrigued - I have been trading on eBay for six years and I have a four figure 100% feedback with NO telephone number on my account! Anyway regardless of the phone number the whole unbalanced way that eBay now operates sucks!! :mad:

you have to be a regular buyer or a powerseller to get phone support. i can guarante no matter how unfair you think it is, its not going to change, believe me!

Jugs, if you want to PM me your id, il hav a look at your account. If not the area i actually work in, but i can still look in to it for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

you have to be a regular buyer or a powerseller to get phone support. i can guarante no matter how unfair you think it is, its not going to change, believe me!

Your attitude here in this thread is not the best promotion of Ebay. Are other CSRs of the same mind? That would explain a lot.
    Jugs, if you want to PM me your id, il hav a look at your account. If not the area i actually work in, but i can still look in to it for ya

Now this is scary.

LMAO!!

people like you keep me entertained all day!! :D

i was simply stating a fact, these lines are not open to everyone and never will be.

Here I was willing to help someone on boards if they needed it, as i have done before successfully and you say 'this is scarey' :eek:

whats 'scarey' is people who post on boards like this, who sign up to eBay accounts and then don't abide by the T&C's by contacting the company in the correct manner!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

OMG
    omg, why are some people so stupid!

It is not to be posted in a forum for everybody and anybody to use!!When non powersellers call that number, they will be told they are not entitled to Phone Support through that number and they will be told to go to the 'Contact Us' forum in the Help pages. ( i know this because I used to work for the PowerSeller team)

There is a number specically for buyers .... if you log in to My eBay, you will see this number on the top right hand side of your screen. If its not there, you're not entitled to phone support, you need to build a bridge and get over it :p

If it has been a week and you have not had a response the ques are either really really busy, or you did not use the Contact Us forum correctly and need to try again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

OMG
    What is your surprise? Try calling Dell in the US as a private customer and you go to India, call as a corporate customer with an account and you go to a centre in the US.

You get what you pay for (why is Wallmart doing so great when everyone keeps on saying it sucks after all? Because people will buy at the lowest direct price ignoring the total price (i.e. time spent on support). People are not willing to pay for decent support (that means higher prices now to pay for it) and then whine when they have to speak to lowest cost support that it is not good enough. Well if you wanted better support then be ready to pay for it then and the next time around most people will still go with the lowest price one.

For reference I'm in no way currently or previously affiliated with Ebay or Dell except using their services as a private consumer.

Nody wrote: »
    What is your surprise? Try calling Dell in the US as a private customer and you go to India, call as a corporate customer with an account and you go to a centre in the US. You get what you pay for and 99% of the people are not willing to pay for decent support and then whine when they have to use it that it is not good enough (and I'm in no way currently or previously affiliated with Ebay or Dell except using their services as a private consumer).

The point is that eBay sellers are not offered the option to pay extra for good customer support and between high eBay fees and outrageous PayPal (owned by eBay) charges it is the least that we should be entitled to anyway!!!!!:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The point is that eBay sellers are not offered the option to pay extra for good customer support and between high eBay fees and outrageous PayPal (owned by eBay) charges it is the least that we should be entitled to anyway!!!!!:mad:
    You are entitled to take your business some where else, nothing else. If Ebay decides that the page will be pink then they are entitled to change that. If Ebay decides that their support e-mails is to be answered by cats walking on keyboards then that is what you are entitled to. In short you are only entitled to what the company offers you, and if that is not good enough then take the business some where else. Trying to drum up that you some how has some other rights with a company is not only foolish and stupid it is a waste of energy and time.

As already noted there is an option to get better support, but you need to shop enough to reach it (Power buyer). If that is not considered an option for you then take your business some where else. At the end of the day the only thing that matters to a company is the bottom line; customer support, product, service, policies, advertisment etc. are all just there to improve the bottom line. If you want to make a change then stop using them; when enough do it the company will either coop on or a competitor will drive them out of business by offering the service requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

mick.fr wrote: »
    Can't find a phone number on their site

I emailed them 7 days ago with question, no answer. With the insane amount of fees they are taking I would expect a bit more Luve, know what I mean...

Anyone?

Cheers

1890 944222

Deadzone wrote: »
    1890 944222

You are naughty!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

You are naughty!! :D

It's there for all to see ;)

Here it is again for the visually impaired! :D

1890 944222

I'll probably even give it a tinkle myself when I get time - before they change it!

I bet Dallas won't go off at you like she did when I gave it out, here was me trying to be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Meh, give it out as much as you like lads. You'll be denied phone support if your account is not entitled to it. Have fun now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cathyd

I registered quite some time ago and I have forgotten my log-in details. I wrote them down somewhere but I mislaid them. I have e-mailed customer support I don't know how many times using the correct form. So far, I haven't heard from them. Their customer service is dire!!

Very frustrated.

Cathyd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Ebay has gotten too big for its boots and couldn't give 2 hoots about the normal Joe Soap who buys the odd few things.And for them to ask us Joe Soaps then to sign their petition against Nike, Reebok etc demanding ebay remove their goods from the site ... they can take a running jump.

They make it out to be us the customer losing out but what they really mean is they won't be able to line their pockets with so much commission and fees! :rolleyes:

Oh and don't get me started on PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Long standing ebay buyer who decided to start selling for the first time last weekend, had a problem with my first listing and rang the 944222 number more in hope than expectation.
    I was very happy with the response I got, the guy I spoke to was excellent and promised that my listing problem would be rectified shortly.
    I may be jumping the gun in making happy noises but I was impressed with the pro customer attitude (note I am not an Ebay employee)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Arrgghh my apologies to drag up this old thread (there wasn't really a point in starting a new one) but it seems imposible to contact eBay via phone. The 1890 number needs some sort of passcode and the number listed for them in the Atrium in Blanch seems disconnected.

Does anyone have a working phone number for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eBay contact details are listed in many other new threads.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76904452&postcount=2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement