Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom customer service

Options
  • 07-11-2008 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

rang to swop over to eircom again today, rang once and the lady said she needed more details , fair enough said I'd ring back with them, I did 5 mins later and got another lady, 3 times she asked me what i was ringing for and what package did I want, i told her each time and she said oh hold on a minute, then she came back and said switch your landline first and then switch broadband providers, i asked would I lose broadband in the interim, she said hold on came back once more asked me what i wanted again and next thing hung up on me..

did eircom not win a customer service award last year? how did they?

i know i just rang utv straight away and upgraded with them, Eircom lost me as a customer yet again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

patrickc wrote: »
    rang to swop over to eircom again today, rang once and the lady said she needed more details , fair enough said I'd ring back with them, I did 5 mins later and got another lady, 3 times she asked me what i was ringing for and what package did I want, i told her each time and she said oh hold on a minute, then she came back and said switch your landline first and then switch broadband providers, i asked would I lose broadband in the interim, she said hold on came back once more asked me what i wanted again and next thing hung up on me..

did eircom not win a customer service award last year? how did they?

i know i just rang utv straight away and upgraded with them, Eircom lost me as a customer yet again.

Yup we won worold call centre of the year :) hehe if you want to bring your line and BB back to eircom, the agent should of told that you can bring both back, not sure why they didnt. Anyways if you want to bring them both back it takes up to 45 days (Inc 10 day cooling off period ) I can do it for you, pm me you landline and Ill call you, you need to know what package you want to go on, your landline number and most important tha UAN number from other line operator.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

patrickc wrote: »

i just got rid of UTV this year, if you want to change or have a problem with your landline you are still going to have to deal with eircom, so it just like being with eircom.

UTV were brilliant for the 3 years, i was with them but i was having so much trouble from the eircom side of it, i had to cancel it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It seems to me that customer service is a lottery with the average being pretty dire overall.

I was very pleasantly surprised recently when I rang Eircom on behalf of friend of mine who is clueless when it comest to bb - the chap I spoke to was knowledgeable, courteous and helpful on the other hand I recently rang UPC and you couldnt really do worse!

UTV used to be extraordinarly good many years ago and now seem to veer from good to very bad depending on who posts here.

But going back to the original post there is no excuse for a csr not knowing the ins and outs of transferring a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Randi wrote: »
    Yup we won worold call centre of the year :) hehe if you want to bring your line and BB back to eircom, the agent should of told that you can bring both back, not sure why they didnt. Anyways if you want to bring them both back it takes up to 45 days (Inc 10 day cooling off period ) I can do it for you, pm me you landline and Ill call you, you need to know what package you want to go on, your landline number and most important tha UAN number from other line operator. :) I dont get paid enough to know all this :(
    Sorry for posting this here but I just have to ask.

You work for Eircom then, can you answer me why broadband for the majority of people across the country is a joke since the upgrade and after the release of your "Gamer Pack" and also are you going to fix the problem.
    I can't be upgraded because of the state of the lines and local exchange, I had a very stable 3MB connection before all the above went ahead and now for the last month from round 5pm - 3am I'm getting speeds just above dial-up.

hellboy99 wrote: »

You work for Eircom then, can you answer me why broadband for the majority of people across the country is a joke since the upgrade and after the release of your "Gamer Pack" and also are you going to fix the problem.
    I can't be upgraded because of the state of the lines and local exchange, I had a very stable 3MB connection before all the above went ahead and now for the last month from round 5pm - 3am I'm getting speeds just above dial-up.

I work in eircom sales, I'm not sure about it been a joke for the majority of the country but if yours speeds are that low then theres something wrong with the line or the exchange. Either that or more people in the exchange have connected to broadband and slowing it down when they all come in from work. I cant recommened anything for you but to call the support line and get them to send a tech to the exchange to fix it.

• Advertisement

Either that or more people in the exchange have connected to broadband and slowing it down when they all come in from work. I cant recommened anything for you but to call the support line and get them to send a tech to the exchange to fix it.
    That's exactly the problem, the lines and exchange cannot handle the extra traffic, if you live within a 4km radius of the exchange you may get the full benefit of the recent upgraded speeds but anyone outside this are now suffering and getting worse speeds than they ever did.
    The lines and exchange here and a lot more across the country were not designed to handle Eircoms upgrade rollout, surely someone in the Tech departent knew this. Eircom had long enough to run tests and plan it before hand, instead it just looks like they went out on a whim and hoped for the best :rolleyes:

In my area there is two ways it can be fixed;

1. Rollback the upgrade
    2. Upgrade the lines and exchange (or at least let other resellers of your line go into your exchanges and use thier own equipment)

As for calling Eircom Tech support there's no point if the above won't be done, and from what I can see it doesn't look like it would happen anytime soon. Anytime I've rung them or my numberous friends in the same boat as myself have all been told that there is no problem what so ever or that the slow down in speed to that of dialup is normal and to be expected :eek:, that's some answer to get :mad:.

Why should you have to pay full whack every two months for a service that clearly is not what is advertised and secondly has major flaws. Sales are misadvertising products and services.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Call up tech support. If the line is that bad. Call them while the line is crappy.

To speed things up for both you and the support staff follow these steps.

Call on a mobile, disable wireless broadcast on your router, disable any firewall software, Clear out your temporary internet files and have the modem connected to the main phone point with nothing else on the line(No filters or anything). Also, turn the modem on and off and then reset it. Write all of this down and tell the person who picks up that you have done all that. They will be happy :D. Also, before you ring, ping www.google.ie write down the results then run a netstat and see how many connections you get and write down those results too.

Lol, I have called them up so many times I know the sctript :p

Call up tech support. If the line is that bad. Call them while the line is crappy.

To speed things up.

Call on a mobile, disable wireless broadcast on your router, disable any firewall software, Clear out your temporary internet files and have the modem connected to the main phone point with nothing else on the line(No filters or anything). Also, turn the modem on and off and then reset it. Write all of this down and tell the person who picks up that you have done all that. They will be happy :D. Also, before you ring, ping www.google.ie write down the results then run a netstat and see how many connections you get and write down those results too.

Lol, I have called them up so many times I know the sctript :p
    Know it all off by heart myself at this stage, I've lost count of how many times I and my friends have rung since the upgrade and have got no where. As I said before you either get from them there is no problem or there is too many people on the line after 4pm.
    Congestion I expect, but to bring speeds down to dialup and sky high pings every weekday and weekends to the state where having broadband if you can call it that and then expected to pay for it is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

Yup we won worold call centre of the year :) hehe if you want to bring your line and BB back to eircom, the agent should of told that you can bring both back, not sure why they didnt. Anyways if you want to bring them both back it takes up to 45 days (Inc 10 day cooling off period ) I can do it for you, pm me you landline and Ill call you, you need to know what package you want to go on, your landline number and most important tha UAN number from other line operator.

thanks for the offer Randi, but the lady was so unhelpful and unknowledgeable that I will not go to eircom now, and utv are giving me the 7.6mb package with talk etc for 50 a month,
    i just got rid of UTV this year, if you want to change or have a problem with your landline you are still going to have to deal with eircom, so it just like being with eircom.

UTV were brilliant for the 3 years, i was with them but i was having so much trouble from the eircom side of it, i had to cancel it

I've never really had a problem with utv, i was going to change due to eircom's higher download limits and the access to setanta sports.
    dub45 wrote: »
    It seems to me that customer service is a lottery with the average being pretty dire overall.

I was very pleasantly surprised recently when I rang Eircom on behalf of friend of mine who is clueless when it comest to bb - the chap I spoke to was knowledgeable, courteous and helpful on the other hand I recently rang UPC and you couldnt really do worse!

UTV used to be extraordinarly good many years ago and now seem to veer from good to very bad depending on who posts here.

But going back to the original post there is no excuse for a csr not knowing the ins and outs of transferring a line.

yeh that was my point she hadn't a clue and was rude.

Know it all off by heart myself at this stage, I've lost count of how many times I and my friends have rung since the upgrade and have got no where. As I said before you either get from them there is no problem or there is too many people on the line after 4pm.
    Congestion I expect, but to bring speeds down to dialup and sky high pings every weekday and weekends to the state where having broadband if you can call it that and then expected to pay for it is a joke.

Well, cancel it then or, get your friend to all cancel and relieve the congestion :p. tech support can really do feck all besides send it to the engineers. You know technically eircom are still providing you with broadband as long as the rated speed on your router page is above 256kbps. It says so in the terms of service and comreg allow that. Very odd indeed.

• Advertisement

Well, cancel it then or, get your friend to all cancel and relieve the congestion :p. tech support can really do feck all besides send it to the engineers. You know technically eircom are still providing you with broadband as long as the rated speed on your router page is above 256kbps. It says so in the terms of service and comreg allow that. Very odd indeed.
    Who do I go with then ?

I'm with BT myself and I have to say they have been extremly helpful and I have also been refunded for the current issues, wish I could say the same for my friends with Eircom.

What I want to know is are Eircom anytime soon going to fix and upgrade equipment in their exchanges and lines so we can all get a decent broadband service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dillo---2k8

Hey ,I Want To Get Phone And Broadband From Eircom but A Cupple Of Years Ago I Went Through Some Financial Problems And Couldnt Afford To Pay My Phone Bills ,So I Was Just Wondering Will Eircom Still Give My The Phone & Broadband. And If Not If I Got It In My Partners Name Will They Give It To Me ,The Only Problem Is That My Partner Has His ID But No Proof Of Address As Everything Is In My Name
    If Anyone Has The Answers Please Post Them On The Tread Or PM Me

Hey ,I Want To Get Phone And Broadband From Eircom but A Cupple Of Years Ago I Went Through Some Financial Problems And Couldnt Afford To Pay My Phone Bills ,So I Was Just Wondering Will Eircom Still Give My The Phone & Broadband. And If Not If I Got It In My Partners Name Will They Give It To Me ,The Only Problem Is That My Partner Has His ID But No Proof Of Address As Everything Is In My Name
    If Anyone Has The Answers Please Post Them On The Tread Or PM Me

You dont need ID to get a line and BB,they dont really keep track of people who disconnected, esp if it were a few years ago, you'll be given a new acc number etc and it can be in your name if you want. PM if you want a new line and BB I can get it arraged for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

Hi I Want To Get My Broadband And Phone Through Eircom For €55
    And I Was Just Wondering If I Already Have A Line Howlong Will It Take For Them To Activate It
    And When I Sign Up Will I Need To Show ID And Proof Of Address
    And Will The Wireless Router Slow Down The Speed At All
    And Will The Wireless Router Work With The HP PALIVION DV5-1110EM:confused:
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/321957-321957-3329744-64354-64354-3744201-3812284.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

And I Was Just Wondering If I Already Have A Line Howlong Will It Take For Them To Activate It
    And Will The Wireless Router Work With The HP PALIVION DV5-1110EMconfused.gif
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...1-3812284.html

Kershaw.D wrote: »
    And Will The Wireless Router Work With The HP PALIVION DV5-1110EMconfused.gif
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...1-3812284.html

To check to see if a line is in SitU (a line already there) you need your address. The connection is free if there is a line. It'll take 24 hours to activate it. Then the BB takes up to 10 working days. When you sign up you dont need any proof, you dont need to show ID.
    It is faster to use the ethernet cable with the computer but if you use it wirelessly itll slow it down a tiny bit but not by much.
    As for the computer youll have to find that out yourself, if there is a built in wireless card then it should work wirelessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

if you want. PM if you want a new line and BB I can get it arraged for you. :)

If Mr Cantwell or Mr McCarthy find out your doing this you'll be in a lot of trouble............

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

dont remember it saying anything in relation to speed that would mean there is something you can hold them too.
    but

7.7 Eircom does not warrant that the facility will meet the customer's requirements or that the operation of the facility will be uninterupted or error-free

talk about a get out of jail free card :rolleyes:

Baneblade wrote: »
    dont remember it saying anything in relation to speed that would mean there is something you can hold them too.
    but

7.7 Eircom does not warrant that the facility will meet the customer's requirements or that the operation of the facility will be uninterupted or error-free

talk about a get out of jail free card :rolleyes:

That line always makes me laugh. You know most providers have a clause where by they can discontinue service at any time with no repercussions.

Advertisement