Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sarah Jane Adventures - Season 2 - Mon 28th @ 16:35 - BBC1

Options
  • 28-09-2008 9:35pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heads up - the second season of "The Sarah Jane Adventures" starts tomorrow on BBC1 at 16:35. If you've got CBBC, then Part 2 is on at 17:15 (I do, but alas it's not setup for my VCR!).

I thought the first season was great and truer to the spirit of the original show than the re-launched parent show. Stories were smart (often just as intelligent as the parent show) and the mix of characters worked very well - best children's show currently on air. And Sladen still rocks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Didn't think too much of the first two episodes.

Lots of running round and uninspired dialogue.

This weeks episode with the evil clown was fantastic though. Really well paced and with a much sharper script. The new girl, Rani, seems to be shaping up to be a good character too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Didn't think too much of the first two episodes.

Lots of running round and uninspired dialogue.

This weeks episode with the evil clown was fantastic though. Really well paced and with a much sharper script. The new girl, Rani, seems to be shaping up to be a good character too.

I haven't been able to catch any of SJA at all yet, is that name just a coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

SDooM wrote: »
    I haven't been able to catch any of SJA at all yet, is that name just a coincidence?

I think it may just be an in joke... She's from an asian family. But it certainly is jarring to hear the name Rani mentioned so often.

She's a very confident character, and very inquisitive as she wants to be a journalist when she grows up.

Oh... and there's a twist involving the identity of her father... nothing big... but I like twists....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is it just me that thinks this or is the SJA far more mature then it gets credit for? Take the recent story, a re hash of 'Father's Day' admittedly but very well thought out and acted on all accounts. You look at how this series deals with issues like Alzheimer's, the point of war, deaths at young ages, adoption, big moves, childhood fears, rubbishing beliefs, absent parents and tell me that Torchwood would be able to cover these issues half as maturely as this series has done. I shudder to think what the Berserker medallion would have done if it got in the hands of Owen Harper while he still had a pulse. Don't et me wrong I love Torchwood as well, but this series is by no means a lighter Doctor Who on any level.
    Oh and Rani is brilliant and should get the chance to travel in the Tardis some day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Completely agree Fazio - I've long maintained that this show doesn't get the credit or recognition that it deserves and how it's often more mature than its sibling shows. The latest episode had far more heart than the vast majority of the parent show but also dealt with notions of sacrifice and responsibility in a mature fashion. The previous story also dealt with absentee fathers well and didn't try and go for a cheap redemptive ending.

Latest story was very good and a lovely shout out for long term fans with Sladen wearing one of her original outfits!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Best guest appearance ever in the latest one - a great one for long term fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Been catching up on SJA over the holidays, and I have to say that i find it a very impressive show and i'm glad its been renewed for a full third series.

Guess thats what I'll be looking for in Zavvii's "We're really screwed" sale!!!

Advertisement