Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Depp.

Options
  • 17-06-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I think if David Tennant ever decided to leave either Johnny Depp or Robert Kazinsky would be few of the only ones who could fully replace him.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Are you serious?:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

someone should clone tom baker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Bill Nighy/Older Doctor FTW

bill-nighy.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doctormus Prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

James Nesbitt :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

online betting is on Robert Carlisle, which would be good, and I saw rumours a while back of Jennifer Saunders, which would be interesting based on the writing for the Donna character.
    What about Colin Salmon or Aidan Gillen (Davies seems to favour actors he's worked with before...).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Davies won't be running the show after the specials. Moffat is taking over in Season 5.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Kevin McKidd would be my preference. I mean, he's got time travel experience with Journeyman. He shows problem solving with Dog Soldiers and he is , imho, a very good actor.

Having said that, I always get him confused with robert carlyle for some reason.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I like the suggestion of Robert Carlyle as the doctor simply for the notion of Begbie vs The Daleks, which someone else summed up wonderfully as "'Moan yah Dalek b*stard, ahm gonna kick ye in yer wee tin baws".

That said, Johnny Depp is one of the more...inventive suggestions I've heard - I mean, if we're going to just throw feasibility out the window as a requirement, then I want Batman as the next Doctor. Or maybe Bela Lugosi crossed with David Bowie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I wouldn't mind a prequel series with Paul McGann actually...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That would be awesome. Apparently he's up for anything to do with Doctor Who to this very day, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

I fully agree with this. I don't think an entire series would be feasable, but perhaps a a feature length special involving the time war, where he dies at the end and becomes Christopher Ecclestone.

As for a new doctor, it has to be somebody who completely makes the character his own. I thought Christopher was great, he was completely unlike any of the previous doctors, and he was the perfect choice to revive the franchise.

Although I really like David Tennant also, he is much more the traditional Doctor, a lot like a younger version of Jon Pertwee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Geoffrey Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

mell61 wrote: »
    online betting is on Robert Carlisle, which would be good, and I saw rumours a while back of Jennifer Saunders, which would be interesting based on the writing for the Donna character.
    What about Colin Salmon or Aidan Gillen (Davies seems to favour actors he's worked with before...).

Yeah, Robert Carlisle has form. He abandoned his family to go travelling (Angela's Ashes), he replaced Christopher Eccleston, kinda (28 Weeks Later), and in fact, he's already murdered Christopher (Cracker).
    However, a skinny Scotsman who can do an English Accent, would the fans really accept that?.....he-he. Not to mention, I never saw a blue police box in Hamish MacBeth.
    David Tennant had been around for years, in many films & TV shows, but had never really made it big until Doctor Who (OK, maybe Cassonova), I think it would be best if they did that again. Geta talented relative unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Rugby man. wrote: »
    I think if David Tennant ever decided to leave either Johnny Depp or Robert Kazinsky would be few of the only ones who could fully replace him.

:eek: That over acting muppet (Tennant) is the only reason I can't watch the latest version of the show. Glare wideeyed, grit teeth prominently, utter something that ends with "I'm the doctaaahhh"...rinse...repeat. Can't wait for him to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Shaun Williamson I reckon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dob99

Before Tennant took over, I heard a rumour that Eddie Izzard was in the running. That would have been interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

dob99 wrote: »
    Before Tennant took over, I heard a rumour that Eddie Izzard was in the running. That would have been interesting.
    Before Eccleston was announced, the rumours put forward Paul Daniels & David Hasslehoff ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

lets all head over to the David Tennant thread shall we?

no pushing down the back please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement