Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer not paying Tax??

Options
  • 06-06-2008 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have recently been let go from work, i have being working with the company for 11 months, and when i went to the social welfare to see if i could claim jobseakers allowance they told me there was no record of me working i tought it was an error and tryed again but still the same! i have not recieved a P60 or P45 from him yet. is the any advice on what i should do? Thnks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Did you get printed payslips? Was there money coming into your bank account on a regular basis or was it cash in hand?

And contact your old employee and ask them directly perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I had this problem before with my last employer and it was an absolute pain to get it sorted.

I would write/call to them informing them that you need your P45 ASAP. If they fail to respond contact the revenue commissioners and explain that you have yet to receive your P45 and although you were deducted tax from your wages that you don’t believe the company has been paying this tax. The revenue commissioners will be able to advise you on how to proceed from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

and don;t forget that irrespective of whether you or your employer at fault for the tax situation it will be your problem to pay whatever they decreee is underpaid from your earnings (unless of course you were being taxed by your employer and they haven;t paid the taxman)...in which case that is a legal situation not able to discuss here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 board101

Tankz for the reply, I was getting wadge slips and also getting paid into the bank, i was working as an apprentice so i would not of been paying tax from my wadges but my employer should of been paying it, I think i am gonig to go to my local tax office and enquire about it, also he is refusing to give me my back week.. Its just one problen after another!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I am in the process of going through this myself so I empathise with you.

If he was not paying your Tax, he was not paying your PRSI either. Go to your local social welfare office and ask to speak with a "Social Welfare Inspector" in relation to Non-compliance PRSI. You will be asked to give a statement and provide contact details of your former employer.

As for your P45 and P60, call 1890333425 and tell them that your former employer has not issued the forms.

Anymore questions, give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Kinetic^ any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

By pure chance the Revenue informed me on Friday that is there is no record of me ever working for my previous employer in 2006 and 2007. They told me they would send him a letter. I don’t think a letter will do any good to be honest! I never ever got a P60 or any correspondence from the Revenue when I worked for him. I got paid monthly and it was mostly cash or paid into my bank account.

I don’t know where to start to be honest! The Revenue said he has 21 days to respond to the letter they will issue and another letter will issue after that. Trust me, he has way bigger problems to worry about than a former employee.

How long does it take and will have to pay all the tax back that I supposedly paid?? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I got paid monthly and it was mostly cash or paid into my bank account.

Bank statements are where you start , thats all you need to prove employment .
    Trust me, he has way bigger problems to worry about than a former employee.

What about 2 years PRSI contributions, go to social welfare and put them on the case as well. They don't always consult with Revenue.
    How long does it take and will have to pay all the tax back that I supposedly paid?? :confused:

They are pretty fair and indeed very fair on employees who were victims of fraud. Neverthless you must act !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    What about 2 years PRSI contributions, go to social welfare and put them on the case as well. They don't always consult with Revenue.

They actually share systems now between the pair of agencies.

OP ring Revenue and explain the situation, they have procedures to follow so be patient but it will work out in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Kinetic^ any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Do this.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Go to your local social welfare office and ask to speak with a "Social Welfare Inspector" in relation to Non-compliance PRSI. You will be asked to give a statement and provide contact details of your former employer.

As for them sharing systems, I was told by the revenue to contact the social welfare office for PRSI payments.

When it happened to me it was a shock tbh. Revenue and Social Welfare are there to help you though. It'll take some time but it will get sorted. I was told up to 10 weeks to have my PRSI sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I got paid monthly and it was mostly cash or paid into my bank account.

Trust me, he has way bigger problems to worry about than a former employee.

So you've got wage slips and bank statements to back up your claim, you're well covered. Don't worry about deductions, that was your employers responsibility not yours.

Your former boss is going to be in the sh!t, Revenue will come down hard on him, up to the point of closing him down if he can't pay whats due. And that's before they start any prosecutions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I am really gonna push this and get it sorted out however long it takes.

I don’t have pay slips but I do have bank statements to prove I got paid every month so fingers crossed.

Thanks for all your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Go to the social welfare office and ask for a form called 'Employers non compliance form'

Make sure the social welfare know abotu you so you will get back paid...

Shocking behavour from your employer, but as said above he will get nailed, very har for employers to get away with this, I wonder why they try...

Advertisement