Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise Hegarty on 98fm

Options
  • 17-05-2008 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can somebody explain this to me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Well for a start her name is Louise Heraghty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Spot on.

Also, she's on 98fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

And sometimes she's not on 98fm. For example,when Barry Dunne is on.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Looks like she's gone and has been replaced by Steve cooper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Wouldn't say she's gone gone but maybe taken some time off?? Her bebo is still stating that she's still on 98..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

bbability wrote: »
    Wouldn't say she's gone gone but maybe taken some time off?? Her bebo is still stating that she's still on 98..
    Ah right. Couldn't find her on the website, and just her time slot is gone to Steve Cooper. hmm. Maybe she is gone behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Oh, she's gone alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

Big Balls wrote: »
    Oh, she's gone alright.

to be replaced by yet another disgruntled ex FM104 employee as well! I see a pattern forming here. Bad luck with the meteor btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jimmytwoflutes

Manimal wrote: »
    to be replaced by yet another disgruntled ex FM104 employee as well! I see a pattern forming here. Bad luck with the meteor btw

Bad luck with what? 98 won the meteor award. It was 104 that didnt win the meteor for the past 3 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭GSF

98 can hire all FM104s staff but they cant match their JNLR figures for some reason.

• Advertisement

GSF wrote: »
    98 can hire all FM104s staff but they cant match their JNLR figures for some reason.

except for Barry Dunne .... number 1 in Dublin 10-1pm and he never worked for 104 either, which should tell you something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

I also heard she was shown the door in the Malt House. Apart from being a bit of eye candy she hadn't much else going for her!

lampydoo wrote: »
    I also heard she was shown the door in the Malt House. Apart from being a bit of eye candy she hadn't much else going for her!

Thats still more than most of us on this forum have :D

98 have been getting rid of a lot of presenters recently with Hegarty now. Before that Matt Dempsey, Marty Miller & Brian McColl spring to mind over the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

Thats still more than most of us on this forum have :D

Speak for yourself I have the body of Adonis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

98 have been getting rid of a lot of presenters recently with Hegarty now. Before that Matt Dempsey, Marty Miller & Brian McColl spring to mind over the last year.

I thought Louise wasn't that bad. Brian McColl was dire. Barry Dunne and the Morning Crew need to replaced.

ateam wrote: »
    I thought Louise wasn't that bad. Brian McColl was dire. Barry Dunne and the Morning Crew need to replaced.

You'd replace the breakfast show that won a meteor award just last week and the only DJ on 98 thats beating FM104? Whats the logic there might I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

You'd replace the breakfast show that won a meteor award just last week and the only DJ on 98 thats beating FM104? Whats the logic there might I ask?

No disrespect to your original point, but an argument dependent on logic shouldn't include references to a Meteor award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

You'd replace the breakfast show that won a meteor award just last week.

Oh please, it's not as if a meteor award is industry recognised!! It really depend's on how much you can beg your listeners to vote for you!

Hardly a PPI in fairness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jimmytwoflutes

98fm did win ppi station of the year last year. Does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

A Meteor award? What's that? Well axe the female presenter then. I just don't like Barry Dunne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

98fm did win ppi station of the year last year. Does that count?

Well, that's so last year! Were talking about this year and an award that is not industry recognised, 2 flutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Just heard Louise on Today FM this evening. Is this a temporary gig on Today or just a one-off?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Just heard Louise on Today FM this evening. Is this a temporary gig on Today or just a one-off?

She was on Newstalk with Orla Barry this weekend. Communicorp! Not that they do any cross marketing or cross advertising unlike their rivals in RTÉ :eek: how dare they!

Louise is too good for Dublin's 98.

Elmo wrote: »
    She was on Newstalk with Orla Barry this weekend. Communicorp! Not that they do any cross marketing or cross advertising unlike their rivals in RTÉ :eek: how dare they!

Louise is too good for Dublin's 98.
    Weird that she gets let go from 98 and offered work on the sister station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Its very clear which breakfast show is better FM 104's or 98, so why get rid of something which is decent.

Barry Dunne is beating Andy P probably because he plays lots of 80's and 90's music and Andy P plays mainly new music with the odd 80's or 90's track.

Weird that she gets let go from 98 and offered work on the sister station.

Well if it is like getting let go from TV3 it is just a bit of propaganda, i.e. we plan 10 new morning shows with less staff, money money money.

Was she let go and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭coopersgreen

unknown13 wrote: »
    Its very clear which breakfast show is better FM 104's or 98, so why get rid of something which is decent.

Barry Dunne is beating Andy P probably because he plays lots of 80's and 90's music and Andy P plays mainly new music with the odd 80's or 90's track.

They should have a sumo wrestle to see who's best.

They should have a sumo wrestle to see who's best.

I wasn't aware that personal attacks regarding body weight were permitted on this section of boards.ie - very uncalled for IMHO

• Advertisement

I wasn't aware that personal attacks regarding body weight were permitted on this section of boards.ie - very uncalled for IMHO

What? how can you think that is a personal attack? I don't know if either the poster knows that they are fat or indeed if they are fat? They could wear sumo suits to battle it out. :rolleyes:

Advertisement