Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone free calls and texts promo ending ?

• 16-05-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard if Vodafone are going to extend their current "topup by 20/month, get free calls and texts" prepay promotion beyond May then ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

was talking to few people from vodafone rtg help desk and they all expect the offer to stay running though they have yet to get official confirmation... I'm not too bothered, its great but I'd rather pay for texts etc than move to 02 meteor r three!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Hoped they might - thanks for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If they don't continue this one, they will just introduce something new ;) They rarely discontinue these sorta things completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ye vodafone are excellent for having offers for their customers... I work in a shop dealing with the 4 main network and always prefered(still do) vodafone and 90% of the ports I do are to vodafone with a very large vodafone customer base. I feel their the best at service and everything, great for quality offers!:D id stay vf even if there wasnt free calls and texts as i feel (bein in my late teens) that VF is the best on all aspects!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Anybody get any word on this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brian08

Free calls and texts

Can’t choose between calls or texts? Then don’t because now they’re both free.
    Get Free calls and texts all day, every day to all Vodafone customers right until June.

Just top up by €20 or more in one go every 30 days to activate Free calls and texts at anytime before the 1st of June.

If you are already on our Free texts or Free weekends for Life offer you can still avail of this offer. Once the Free calls and texts promotion ends on the 1st June 2008, you'll still get to keep your original "for life" offer.
    https://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/freetxtwknd/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amy559

I work for Vodafone, the offer is ending on the 1st of June.
    If you top up anytime before the 1st June you'll still have the 30 days of free calls and sms. So if you top up on the 31st of May (today) by 20e you'll still have it till the 31st June. After the 1st of June the offer is reverting back to what it was before with free weekends / free sms, either or

Many thanks.

**runs off to top up**

amy559 wrote: »
    I work for Vodafone, the offer is ending on the 1st of June.
    If you top up anytime before the 1st June you'll still have the 30 days of free calls and sms. So if you top up on the 31st of May (today) by 20e you'll still have it till the 31st June. After the 1st of June the offer is reverting back to what it was before with free weekends / free sms, either or

While there is a tiny bit of truth in this, you have you got it so mixed up that I would actually consider this to be complete nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

While there is a tiny bit of truth in this, you have you got it so mixed up that I would actually consider this to be complete nonsense.
    How come?

Bah, misread the actual post :| Sorry!

Anyhow, you won't actually have 30 days of Free Calls and Texts until say the 31st like the poster said. The remaining balance of days will be transfered over to one of the new offers being introduced to replace the outgoing offer - customers will automatically be moved onto the new offer by the way.

Either way, free calls and texts will end on the 31st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brian08

Hmm. I did what the user above said and topped up, I wasn't on any "for life" offer before that. What offer do people get put on, if we all get the same one?

Had a quick read of the T&Cs on the Vodafone site - not very illuminating. From my reading we should have had the 30 days free calls and texts.

Guess Vodafone giveth and Vodafone taketh away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

It was a great deal, I certainly got my moneys worth over the last few months.

Please Mr Vodafone, bring it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mizz Moneypenny

Vodafone have swapped the free calls for 10c calls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Vodafone have swapped the free calls for 10c calls!
    Link here!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Cant really see comreg allowing this to end tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amy559

if you werent on the offer before, you can just give us a call and we'll opt you into free sms or free weekends
    we're also doing 10c calls to vodafone numebrs on top of this.

Advertisement