Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-04-2008, 15:33   #1
inisboffin

Bus going through Headford???

Hiya folks, need last min help, going out to a surprise party tonight and have to be in Headford between 6 and 8 (can't go earlier).
Bus Eireann leaves too early or too late. Is there a private coach, say to Ballina, leaving 6ish - I vaguely remember a friend getting one..
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
18-04-2008, 15:34   #2
Sherifu

Burkes from the Skeff leaves at 5:30.
18-04-2008, 15:38   #3
inisboffin

Thanks! I don't know Headford well, is Cambells easy enough to find?
18-04-2008, 15:39   #4
Sherifu

It's not really in Headford, you'd want to get off at Cloughanover cross, cross the road and 200m off the main road. You'll be able to see it from the cross.
18-04-2008, 15:43   #5
inisboffin

Thanks a mill!! I would be wanderin' around Headford otherwise
Advertisement
18-04-2008, 15:44   #6
leex

Trading Post Texaco station is a good landmark. You need to get off bus on top of hill before that. Cross the road then for Campbells - a few yards down a side road.

Check out buseireann.ie - Journey Planner option - appears to be a few buses from Galway to Headford this evening.

Last edited by leex; 18-04-2008 at 15:55.
18-04-2008, 16:10   #7
galwaybabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisboffin View Post
Hiya folks, need last min help, going out to a surprise party tonight and have to be in Headford between 6 and 8 (can't go earlier).
Bus Eireann leaves too early or too late. Is there a private coach, say to Ballina, leaving 6ish - I vaguely remember a friend getting one..
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Goin there too! Unfortunately can't offer you lift as full. Are you sure there's no-one you know driving there?
18-04-2008, 16:43   #8
Drift

Burke's bus is the one you want, leaves the Skeff at 5.30 but you used to be able to flag it down at the bus stop in front of Curry's too. OP there's a huge amount of people who drive out through Headford on their way home from work ask around where you work you could get a lift fairly handy.

If you're on the bus sit on the right hand side and watch out for a beige/yellow building called "Cloughanover Community Centre" there's a windy narrow section of road just before it and the road widens significantly at it. When you pass the community centre get up and go to the front of the bus, by the time you get there you'll be passing over the top of a hill with a Shrine to Our Lady on your left and a petrol station beyond it. The Tavern is on your right when these are on your left. Can't miss it.

Alternatively you can just tell the bus driver you want to get off at the Shrine in Cloughanover.
18-04-2008, 16:45   #9
Drift

Much more importantly can you tell me who it's for??????
Advertisement
18-04-2008, 18:02   #10
inisboffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaybabe View Post
Goin there too! Unfortunately can't offer you lift as full. Are you sure there's no-one you know driving there?

Well guess who missed the bus well, not quite my fault!

Working on a lift at the mo, had a feeling someone here would be going

It is a birthday for a man about town, should be craic
18-04-2008, 18:03   #11
Sherifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisboffin View Post
Well guess who missed the bus well, not quite my fault!

Working on a lift at the mo, had a feeling someone here would be going

It is a birthday for a man about town, should be craic
Lol. Good luck.
18-04-2008, 18:08   #12
inisboffin

Just got a lift! Yay! I love the Galway network

See you there GB, I will likely have a strange hat on, say hello
18-04-2008, 18:10   #13
inisboffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
Burke's bus is the one you want, leaves the Skeff at 5.30 but you used to be able to flag it down at the bus stop in front of Curry's too. OP there's a huge amount of people who drive out through Headford on their way home from work ask around where you work you could get a lift fairly handy.

If you're on the bus sit on the right hand side and watch out for a beige/yellow building called "Cloughanover Community Centre" there's a windy narrow section of road just before it and the road widens significantly at it. When you pass the community centre get up and go to the front of the bus, by the time you get there you'll be passing over the top of a hill with a Shrine to Our Lady on your left and a petrol station beyond it. The Tavern is on your right when these are on your left. Can't miss it.

Alternatively you can just tell the bus driver you want to get off at the Shrine in Cloughanover.
Appreciate the help Drift and boards
18-04-2008, 19:04   #14
leninbenjamin
Awaiting Email Confirmation

good luck getting out there. i heard parts of the road are closed til 9? fatal accident apparently. Traffic is mental that side of town, literally stand still the oul fellah says.

edit: http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0418/rta.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTE
Motorcyclist killed in Galway crash
Friday, 18 April 2008 17:53

A man has been killed in a road accident on the main Galway Headford Road at Carrowbrowne.

He was riding a motorcycle which collided with a car shortly after 3pm this afternoon.

The driver of the car was taken to University Hospital Galway. She is being treated for minor injuries.
Advertisement

Gardaí are still at the scene and the Headford Road will remain closed to traffic until further notice. Diversions are in place but motorists are asked to avoid the area.
might be as well off going out the tuam road to Clare Galway and cutting across.

Last edited by leninbenjamin; 18-04-2008 at 19:10. Reason: link
18-04-2008, 19:08   #15
Sherifu

That will cause traffic chaos. Wrong evening to be going to Headford.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion