Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond Dan the Orangeman - bigotry for babies

Options
  • 04-04-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

The Orange Order has named its new superhero cartoon character Diamond Dan the Orangeman. http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0403/orangeman.html A competition to select the winning name saw strong competition from Sash Gordon, Sashman, and the Boyne Wonder.:rolleyes: Sadly, Skinhead Sam the Orangeman complete with UVF tattoos and a can of McEwans lager in each hand didn't make the final cut. (OK, I made that one up.)

This comes two days after April 1st, so I assume they are for real. Quite funny to see them trying to polish up the image of orangeism and appeal to the yoof market. Pity they didn't start with the organisation's rulebook which still outlaws membership by Catholics or, horror of horrors, anyone who is married to a Catholic.

Perhaps I should be more positive and open - maybe "Diamond Dan" will replace those "Born to sh1t on the Garvaghy Road" babys' bibs at 12th July celebrations.

Comments

Boyne Wonder

:D:D

That's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Sash Gordon

Sash...ahaaah....divided everyone one of us, every woman everyman every chiiiillld.

Man, with a decent soundtrack this could really take off..no, really :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Looks a bit like Roger Ramjet IIRC.

Can't really see him outselling kick the pope tea towels in July though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Orange Order has named its new superhero cartoon character Diamond Dan the Orangeman. http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0403/orangeman.html A competition to select the winning name saw strong competition from Sash Gordon, Sashman, and the Boyne Wonder.:rolleyes: Sadly, Skinhead Sam the Orangeman complete with UVF tattoos and a can of McEwans lager in each hand didn't make the final cut. (OK, I made that one up.)

This comes two days after April 1st, so I assume they are for real. Quite funny to see them trying to polish up the image of orangeism and appeal to the yoof market. Pity they didn't start with the organisation's rulebook which still outlaws membership by Catholics or, horror of horrors, anyone who is married to a Catholic.

Perhaps I should be more positive and open - maybe "Diamond Dan" will replace those "Born to sh1t on the Garvaghy Road" babys' bibs at 12th July celebrations.

Missed something there, his enemy could be the green skinned "Mick the merciless."

I think it will take more than a cheap cartoon to repair their damaged reputation.

I am pie wrote: »
    Man, with a decent soundtrack this could really take off..no, really :pac::pac:

:D

The Fantastic (UDR) Four...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The Orange Order has named its new superhero cartoon character Diamond Dan the Orangeman. http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0403/orangeman.html This comes two days after April 1st, so I assume they are for real. Quite funny to see them trying to polish up the image of orangeism and appeal to the yoof market. Pity they didn't start with the organisation's rulebook which still outlaws membership by Catholics or, horror of horrors, anyone who is married to a Catholic.

But not quite as funny (or Scary) as watching the Shinners 'trying' to do the same thing over the last few years with the yoof market, One minute they are shooting & condoning the shooting of Policemen, and the next minute they themselves are cleaner than clean, in Government & on the Policing board :cool: with Mary Lou McDonald being declaired as "peacemaker supreme" which thankfully didnt work, and she promptly lost (didnt gain) her seat :D

Talk about polishing-up the Orange image ..........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

What next, the KKK having a 'superhero ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Quick Diamond Dan To the Qrange mobile!!!

No we will walk and we will take the traditional route too

Plus why does diamond dan have to text messages on his belt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7329007.stm

Advertisement