Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Four Doctor Who

Options
  • 04-04-2008 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Is anybody else looking forward to the new series of doctor starting tomorrow night bbc1 @ 6.20pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Is anybody else looking forward to the new series of doctor starting tomorrow night bbc1 @ 6.20pm

I am now, didn't know it was on.
    Thanks for the heads up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I was, up until the point I saw these "adipose" in action from clips & pictures. Sweet zombie jesus but they're the most ludicruous and stupid thing I've seen from that show since the Myrka.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 krishna1978

I was reading an article in the Sun yesterday and they have said that they have reviewed the first episode and they think it is going to be a very hit this series. They said teh First episode is a stonker i cant wait for it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Its the first year we dont have to hang around introducing a new main character to the new series. Looking interesting, better be good seeing as its the last new for a while.

PS don't ever really trust what the sun says!

Indeed i dont but have you seen the new BBC Doctor website looking good. Ye last series until 2010 as only bank holiday specials next year. Say that is why they are bring Rose, Martha,Donna,Jack and the rest back together

• Advertisement

The first episode, Partners In Crime, sees the Doctor investigating strange goings on at Adipose – a company flogging lazy Brits a miracle weight-loss pill.
    The fat-fighting firm is run by sinister “galactic super nanny” Miss Foster – played by the season’s first guest star, Sarah Lancashire.
    A former acquaintance of the Doctor, Donna Noble (Catherine Tate) – who appeared in iffy 2006 Christmas special The Runaway Bride – is also probing the dodgy dietician.

Lancashire hot plot ... Sarah stars

Donna is sniffing around because she is desperate to find the Doctor and regrets turning down his offer to become his assistant after their festive adventure.
    She thinks there’s alien activity going down at Adipose – and where there’s weird happenings, the Doctor is never far away.
    After several comical near misses they finally spot each other during a hilarious silent scene which could have come straight from Laurel and Hardy – true to form, the show is not short of gags. Cue an emotional reunion as Donna informs the Doctor she’s been searching high and low for him.
    But there’s no time for teary-eyed reflection. The pair discover the magic diet pills are turning London’s fatties into miniature marshmallow men – The Adipose.
    They have minutes to save the city – but will they succeed?

Advertisement

Donna insists on joining the Doctor on his Tardis travels across the universe but he is wary, having got too close to former companions Rose and Martha.
    He accepts her offer but there will be no romance for the Doctor in this series.
    Fortunately, Donna has become slightly less nauseating since her last appearance in the show, having dropped her trademark shriek, which ruined The Runaway Bride.
    The loudest sound around now is the ear-piercing siren noise emitted when the Doc puts TWO sonic screwdrivers together. (OK, one’s actually a sonic pen).
    Another big plus is the brilliant new opening music – an orchestral take on the much-loved classic melody.
    So, the Doc accepts his new assistant on board and off round the galaxy they go.
    Next stop ancient Rome. Where else?

Dude use spoiler tags if you are going to post spoilers!
    [/spoil*r] spelt properly.

I like the fact they are toning down the romantics, the series is in serious danger of becoming formulaic, something a little different would be great!

Same here so i see that episode 12 may be called the time war

Putting my money on Davros for the big bad this year, especially after hearing that.

Dude, still, spoilers! Like this:
    This is a spoiler. Everyone dies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm more looking forward to Torchwood's final episode rather than what looks to be another RTD "wacky" episode. The Dr. Who openers are always disappointing that way.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm more looking forward to Torchwood's final episode rather than what looks to be another RTD "wacky" episode. The Dr. Who openers are always disappointing that way.

Doubt it, I hear Stehpen Moffat writing the opener. Could be bollox as usual :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

SDooM wrote: »
    Doubt it, I hear Stehpen Moffat writing the opener. Could be bollox as usual :)
    No RTD is writin the opening - just look at the plot above. The "comical" plot is definitely his style as is the sound of the "hilarious" Laurel and Hary routine. To be quite honest, it sounds something that "The Sarah Jane Adventures" would have rejected as being too immature for its target audience.

I'm also not enthused by saying how Tate is "slightly less nauseating" - slighty less?! That doesn't sound good for a companion!

ixoy wrote: »
    No RTD is writin the opening - just look at the plot above. The "comical" plot is definitely his style as is the sound of the "hilarious" Laurel and Hary routine. To be quite honest, it sounds something that "The Sarah Jane Adventures" would have rejected as being too immature for its target audience.

I'm also not enthused by saying how Tate is "slightly less nauseating" - slighty less?! That doesn't sound good for a companion!

I did say I thought it could be bolloxology I heard, and furthermore I never trust what the sun say, 6 month ago they said David Tennant would be leaving midway season 4!

Personally I think the best Doctor Who is the scary stuff, I don't have too much time for the buffoonery. I thought Gridlock was embarrasingly bad sci fi.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Tate, remember the slagging Billie Piper got before the first series started? She might not be to your taste, but she can certainly act.

Advertisement