Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Con-artists

Options
  • 02-04-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Perlico are robbers, Liars, and con artists. I have had the worst experience ever with them and I'm so out-raged!!!
    I received a letter today from Perlico's Solicitors to say that I have one week to pay €298.37 or ill be brought to court because the letters dated 5days ago I really have 2 days to pay this money which I do not owe them.

It all began in June 2006 (yes, I have been nearly two years dealing with this cowboys) when I signed up to perilco for phone and broadband after six weeks I had not heard from Perlico so I rang them, I was told there was no accounted of my account. They said they would have to re-order. So I signed up with them for the second time. Three days later I found a cheaper provider that was offering me a quicker connection, I decided to go with the other provider as I had already been waiting six weeks for Perlico to set up my broadband only to be told I had no account with them.

I told Perlico to cancel my order as I was aware that there was a ten day "COOLING OFF PERIOD".
    So I was advised by perlico that my order had been cancelled and I would not be charged.
    I went ahead and ordered with the other provider on the 11/07/2006, and then on the 18/07/2006 I received a letter from Perlico saying Welcome to Perlico on the same day I recieved a Welcome Letter from my current provider.
    I was worried so I rang Perlico again I was told to ignore the welcome letter, that my account was cancelled and I wouldn’t be charged.
    A few days later the other provider contact me saying my account number was rejected, I called perlico 11 times in relation to my account number and they insisted it hadn’t been changed, but it had!!!
    They had taken over my line I now needed a UAN number which I battled with many customer service people to get because this was stopping me from connecting to the provider I wanted to go with.
    Eventually I got this UAN Number on a bill from Perlico on 08/08/2006. This bill was for €88.20. After many phone calls to Perlico assuring me this charge should not have been billed to me I never received it in writing as I had requested many times. So sent them a long letter explaining everything and I requested the confirmed in writing I didn’t owe them any money. At this stage I got legal advice and was advised that I didn’t owe them any money.
    19/08/2006 my service from my current provider was activated (AT LAST). I thought the nightmare was over but NO IT WASN'T!!

08/12/2006 I got a bill from perlico for €188.45 charging me for phone calls that I made when I was with my new provider. This alarmed me I was paying my new provider, How did perlico even get access to my line to get a list of my Phone calls when my account was with some one else ROBBERS!!!!
    08/02/2007 a bill for €208.41 from perlico again with an ITEMISED BILL, HOW DID THEY ACCESS MY CALLS MY ACCOUNT WAS WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER???????
    08/05/2007 another bill for €238.38. During this whole period I was on the phone constantly to perlico trying to speak to someone who would stop this, no one rang me back ever and there was never a supervisor avaible to speak to me so I put it all in writing AGAIN and posted to them, NO REPLY!!!
    Since then I received FINAL Notice’s to pay and today 02/04/2008 I received a solicitor’s letter saying I owe Perlico €298.37. Immediately or they will issue legal proceeding and I will forced to pay there legal fee's and Interest.

I HATE PERLICO!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

dee_pinky wrote: »
    So I signed up with them for the second time. Three days later I found a cheaper provider that was offering me a quicker connection, I told Perlico to cancel my order as I was aware that there was a ten day "COOLING OFF PERIOD".
    So I was advised by perlico that my order had been cancelled and I would not be charged.

I don’t think you can have two providers on the one line. If you cancelled and ordered with another ISP then they would not have being able to provide you if perlico still had broadband on your phoneline.

I think you will need to contact your existing provider and get a letter stating your start date, and then I would contact Perlico and request to speak to a manager ASAP and mention the above and see what they say. I could be wrong so dont bite me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dee_pinky

I know this, Two providers cant not have your line at once, I have all the Documentation saying I was connected with my current provider at the time when Perlico are charing me. IT's just mad, Its as if they hacked my phone to get a record of the calls I made.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭odie2020

Oh for the love of God!! How can a company be so useless!! If they wanted to bring me to court i would gladly go and present the judge with all your information. It would be no harm to see the thrown out of court..

I am going to court, I hate them now and they will have to pay them legal fees. I want everyone to know there Con-artists, Im going to get it on the radio tomorrow every talk show that will let me let my story so i can worn eveyone about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dee_pinky wrote: »
    I am going to court, I hate them now and they will have to pay them legal fees. I want everyone to know there Con-artists, Im going to get it on the radio tomorrow every talk show that will let me let my story so i can worn eveyone about them!

Go you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

you don't need to post in two threads (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054993568)
    This thread is enough for you to post in regarding your story

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Are you sure your voice service was transferred to your new "current" provider? Do they, too, bill you for the calls that Perlico have billed you for?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dee_pinky, may I suggest that before you go calling any company "robbers, Liars, and con artists" you actually provide proof as it suggests they were actually out to get you and your remarks would be seen as libellous remarks by Perlico without such proof.

I;m sure you may have had a bad time but I would recommend against you stating anything here that would go against you in court, additionally you need to go the correct routes to resolve these types of matters,.

- Formal written complaint to perlico with a breakdown of the issue
    - Contact Comreg for advice

Have you even done any of the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 woodsp

I have reviewed this case in person given the detail provided below. There is clearly a lot of customer confusion and as a once off gesture I've asked for the outstanding bill to be written off in full.

It is not possible to have the same line with two service providers at once.

The UAN number is clearly printed on all bills provided by any telecommunications provider and is therefore readily available to each customer. I've reviewed each of the bills sent to you and the UAN has been printed on each. In reviewing the bills it is clear that you made calls to the technical support helpline of another provider so I absolutely accept that there has been some confusion.

It is not technically possible for one provider to bill for the calls associated with service provided by another provider. Your bill with Perlico has calls made during the first couple of months followed by the standard line rental charge thereafter.

There will never be a business case for any company to dupe customers or for any company to provide poor service such that repeat calls are made to customer service.

To date Perlico has saved customers in Ireland tens of millions of euro and we are continuing to do so. We won the customer service team of the year award for 2007 and the BT IT Inspired Awards. We are very proud of our staff and our company and the services we offer.

The outstanding amount has been written off in full. Should Perlico have led to any of the confusion then I personally apologise on our behalf.

Regards,

Paul

Commercial Director

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Paul Woods? On boards.ie? Deadly!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

woodsp wrote: »
    I have reviewed this case in person given the detail provided below. There is clearly a lot of customer confusion and as a once off gesture I've asked for the outstanding bill to be written off in full.

The outstanding amount has been written off in full. Should Perlico have led to any of the confusion then I personally apologise on our behalf.

My estimation of Perlico has risen considerably after that !!!

I would expect the OP to confirm that the matter has been resolved , for the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deirdre2008

I've heard bad reports about Perlico too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Well all is well that ends well. But the OP says he/she made numerous calls to Perlico support before this and the problem wasn't sorted, so the system is dysfunctional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I've heard bad reports about Perlico too

Stop fishing for a refund! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

some confirmation from the OP would be nice.

Its amazing how much saying "i'm going to the radio" gets you these days. If you ever have a complaint just say those magic words, "Joe Duffy" and you'll be treated like royalty :D

L31mr0d wrote: »
    some confirmation from the OP would be nice.

Its amazing how much saying "i'm going to the radio" gets you these days. If you ever have a complaint just say those magic words, "Joe Duffy" and you'll be treated like royalty :D

From my own personal experience dealing with the public with complaints I have to say the "I'll talk about you on the radio" doesn't always do that much imho,

Anyway, just to confirm woodsp is most certainly Paul Woods Commercial Director of Perlico, have to say you certainly wouldn't see Eircom posting here sorting out a customers issue :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

woodsp wrote: »

There will never be a business case for any company to dupe customers or for any company to provide poor service such that repeat calls are made to customer service.

What world are you living in?

Do you ask for stats on repeat calls to Perlico.

There is hardly a thread on boards where you will not find mention of repeat calls.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

EDIT: Actually just read Pauls reply from Perlico so seems all is sorted and fair dues to them for doing so.

Cabaal wrote: »
    From my own personal experience dealing with the public with complaints I have to say the "I'll talk about you on the radio" doesn't always do that much imho,

I guess it depends if the company has spent a lot of money in advertising and has an image to uphold in a fairly competitive market. A single respected radio show host talking about how disgraceful it is the way perlico treats its customers could do a lot of damage. I know a lot of people that still think Smart will be closing down soon because of the radio news articles about the whole Eircom debacle back in October.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

well they were recently taken over by Vodafone and maybe they have undergone a sea change in their CS philosophies !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Nehaxak wrote: »
    EDIT: Actually just read Pauls reply from Perlico so seems all is sorted and fair dues to them for doing so.

I agree, but it's interesting to see how long this customer's case has been going on for, and the lack of communication from Perlico before this thread. Was the radio threat what finally brought Perlico's attention and subsequent swift resolution? One can't help but be a skeptic...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

dub45 wrote: »
    Easy on there. We need your anger for more worthy causes. He didn't say it didn't happen, he just said there's no business case for it. I.e. it's not in their interest to encourage repeat calls (or any calls for that matter), so it's not a deliberate policy. It does happen in every ISP, as well he'd know.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

i also had awful dealings with perlico which took nearly 4 months of too-ing anf fro-ing with letters emails calling customer service, calling supervisors, being promised that i would be called back and not being called back, , the customer service people themselves were nice decent people, it was the information that they were passing on was not being dealt with, it really would drive you insane, as for ntl, they are even worse, if thats possible !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

dub45 wrote: »

Do you ask for stats on repeat calls to Perlico.

There is hardly a thread on boards where you will not find mention of repeat calls.:rolleyes:

Steady on there. Give the man some credit for actually taking the time to address the matter publicly - which he didn't have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

FruitLover wrote: »
    Was the radio threat what finally brought Perlico's attention and subsequent swift resolution? One can't help but be a skeptic...
    Skept ye not. There was an edition of Joe Duffy's Liveline back in the summer of 2006 that was basically two-and-a-half hours of people complaining about Perlico and describing some of their sharp-practice and complete lack of service.

I know that show really affected their revenues for the following year.

Perlico at present buy a lot of prime-time RTE Radio 1 ad-slots, I wonder if Liveline would be so eager nowadays to stage a follow-up discussion?

cgarvey wrote: »
    Easy on there. We need your anger for more worthy causes. He didn't say it didn't happen, he just said there's no business case for it. I.e. it's not in their interest to encourage repeat calls (or any calls for that matter), so it's not a deliberate policy. It does happen in every ISP, as well he'd know.

Agreed, at the end of the day Perlico like all ISP's have call centers and those call centers have agents with targets, normally you'll find those targets include such things as
    - Resolving a customers query within X amount of calls
    - These targets will be in the interest of the business and generally also the agent (when it comes to pay reviews etc)

Its not in Perlico's or any company interest to have loads of people calling in or for that matter pissed off customers as pissed off customers are more likely to tell there friends and the company will loose business.

Perlico work pretty hard are being "the other guy" when it comes to the telco sector and competing with Eircom and I believe the do a good job, yes problems can happen and customers can be pissed off but its certainly not the norm for any company to take such a pro-active role in sorting out a complaint in the manner that Paul did in this thread.

Just my 2c's
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Mistakes and confusion (both customer & operator) happen. +++ health points for sorting it out.

wonder where the OP is and why he isn't responding? He was active yesterday at around 00:55 so i'm guess he seen this thread?

Yesterday Perlico dropped there case against me.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Fair play to them, and fair play to yourself for being vocal about it. More of what's needed to see improvements in the system imo.

Advertisement