Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transformers animated... new show

Options
  • 01-04-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

this yolk is a bloody travesty!!
    it is absolutely ruining transformers, its just not cool! its airing on nick at moment, its a joke...

it basically a stupidly drawn mocking cartoon of transformers, making them look gay or something...

boycott it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's probably the best animated transformers show ever made.

It has much better art work and animation than the original series... it has character development and plot progression too.

I've been following the series since it started... there have been a few weak episodes but this weeks episode with the return of Megatron was fantastic.

Also the toys based on the new series look pretty cool... I want Soundwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

It's probably the best animated transformers show ever made.

It has much better art work and animation than the original series... it has character development and plot progression too.

I've been following the series since it started... there have been a few weak episodes but this weeks episode with the return of Megatron was fantastic.

Also the toys based on the new series look pretty cool... I want Soundwave.

^^agree-izzle.

i thought i'd hate it but it's great. i then assumed the new toys would be awful... but again, i was proved wrong, they're also great.

Yep.... I was a little worried when the artwork with the overly stylised Autobots as released.

But I quickly grew to like the show... Even the little girl isn't all that annoying... Certainly nowhere near as irritating as Spike and that prick in the wheelchair...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

TF:A is the best Transformers show I've watched since Beast Wars, I hope for a long long run with the programme

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I believe the OP would be known on teletran 1 as a "trukk not munkey"...

Or possibly geewuner.

TFA is great, and a good way ahead of most of the cartoons on television today.

I'm not sure about the reimagining of Optimus, but he's my childhood hero so that is why.

The Grimlock toy is AWESOME.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see a bit more character development for Prime.. all the other Autobots have gotten way more attention.

The flashback episode for Prime was pretty good though, but it was mostly shared with Black Arachnia.

I'd like to see a bit more character development for Prime.. all the other Autobots have gotten way more attention.

The flashback episode for Prime was pretty good though, but it was mostly shared with Black Arachnia.

Agreed. Prime sells transformers, it's unusual he hasn't gotten more development. I miss the religious element- I always think that adds to Primes/Primals, makes them warrior priests instead of just giant frigging robots.

So, now that I think of it, are you munkey, not trukk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

im not going to lie... i only saw about 5 mins of one episode... but i dunno... other transformer cartoon had me hooked at that! do you have to get into this one or something?

muboop1 wrote: »
    im not going to lie... i only saw about 5 mins of one episode... but i dunno... other transformer cartoon had me hooked at that! do you have to get into this one or something?

Look at G1 as an adult and tell me your instantly addicted, and I will call you a lier!

Its really rather rubbish compared to modern cartoons when the rose coloured specs come off! I can just about manage two episodes in a row.

The animated film is still great, though.

I suppose it can be a little jarring at first... getting used to Prime being so young isn't easy for one.

But it's well worth sticking with... if even just for the excellent battle sequences. The Decepticons are incredibly powerful in this series.

• Advertisement

Ratchet's great, he makes a great ornery-old-character, more believable than Kup or Ironhide.

Starscream made me smile in the initial arc, how perfect was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Wtf! Didn't know there was a new show ><
    Must track it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

In all honesty there were probably less than ten episodes in the original cartoon which were actually legitimately good. Then there was Carnage In a C Minor... :o

Animated from he few episodes Ive seen is good for what it is, a kids show. Some decent action and some funny gags as well as neat homages for the old time fans. As a guy who nearly threw up when he saw the first ever picture of the Autobots I must admit, it really grows on ya.

Just looking up clips of Blitzwing form the old series there...

I think he was possibly more insane back then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

My fav apart from G1 and BW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

it is absolutely ruining transformers, its just not cool! its airing on nick at moment, its a joke...

it basically a stupidly drawn mocking cartoon of transformers, making them look gay or something...

boycott it!!

RUINED FOREVER!!!!!11111oneoneone

Wait are people trying to say there was absolutely nothing camp about G1????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

you must be joking, this programme is fantastic! I love every episode more then the last and Season 2 now has some great writing

They've done a good job with Jazz... can't wait to see more of him in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Yeah I think the one flaw is the Introduction of now several main characters which means some episodes go by without seeing or hearing more than a sentence from Prowl, Bumblebee or Bulkhead. And a lot of the episodes in the first series didnt feature ANY Decepticons, which was nice for a change, but might not happen from now on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

lads. get your arses over to seibertron.com.
    theyve got a link to two clips for the season finale of TF animated off youtube. theres no sound as i think its a work in progress but its got some great sfutff including what looks like sunstorm, thundercracker, skywarp,dirge, ramjet, and thrust ALL working with starscream against megs !

plus we get to see em go up against OMEGA SUPREME ! pretty much like the issue of the old marvel comic where omega is introduced fighting the lot of em. and your gonna LOVE his alt mode. makes perfect sense if you think about it. theres also cameos by blurr and doubledealer.

BE AWARE though, besides the intro of these characters there are spoilers for the end of the series.

have fun :D

lads. get your arses over to seibertron.com.
    theyve got a link to two clips for the season finale of TF animated off youtube. theres no sound as i think its a work in progress but its got some great sfutff including what looks like sunstorm, thundercracker, skywarp,dirge, ramjet, and thrust ALL working with starscream against megs !

plus we get to see em go up against OMEGA SUPREME ! pretty much like the issue of the old marvel comic where omega is introduced fighting the lot of em. and your gonna LOVE his alt mode. makes perfect sense if you think about it. theres also cameos by blurr and doubledealer.

BE AWARE though, besides the intro of these characters there are spoilers for the end of the series.

have fun :D

sounds great, though you may want to stick some spoilers up there mate :)

sounds great, though you may want to stick some spoilers up there mate :)

Ha... you are a mod here too, you know?

Ah well... gives me a chance to try out the nifty new spoiler button.

Ha... you are a mod here too, you know?

Ah well... gives me a chance to try out the nifty new spoiler button.

i didn't want to interfere :rolleyes:

i'm more passive aggressive... consider me the optimus prime to your megatron... :D

also the new spoiler button is very un-inviting. looks like it might break things :p

I'm more like Shockwave in the cartoon... keeping things nice and tidy on Cybertron for a few million years while everyone is away on Earth.

I'm more like Shockwave in the cartoon... keeping things nice and tidy on Cybertron for a few million years while everyone is away on Earth.

ok you can take that. but i can still be optimus prime, right? i got this cool suit and everything :pac:

Skywarp is a girl?!!?!?!?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Skywarp is a girl?!!?!?!?
    hawt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Is there a link to watch it online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

boycott it!!

are you crazy?

they have big chins. so ****ing what.

it has some good storylines, good writing, voice acting and the Megs in this version is arguably the best ever. with the exception of BW Megs, yesssssssss.

Advertisement