Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite non-regular character?

Options
  • 19-02-2008 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so Vince, Howard, Naboo and Bollo aside, who is your favourite character?

Mine was Dixon Bainbridge, who was replaced by The Hitcher, but my current favourite has got to be the Crack Fox :D

"Put me to sleep with your kind boots Mr Fancy Man" :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Bludgeon my face in, kill me, pull me apart like soft bread, punch me in the...tits. Destroy me, twist my head clean off, put me to sleep with your kind boots Mr fancy man

I must admit I'm pretty partial to Mr. Susan.

ep3_9.jpg

Him saying "Look at them shine! Look at them shine!" is currently the alert on my phone for when I get a new text message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, awesome!

crack fox is awesome. everything's different in the world of me is quickly becoming my theme song.

mr susan is another good choice. that will make an awesome halloween outfit one day.

i think my favourite character, though i may have to rethink this... is charlie.

in case you don't know charlie, here's his life story :P

and if for no other reason, but the way that the pink bubble gum men are compelled to swish their hands from side to side... genius!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah, it has to be Rudi and Spider!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 HighburyHill

Its gotta be the Boosh version of Gary Numan.

He's a pop star with a pilots liscence.... imagine that!

Either thet or Tommy(i think, memory is addled today) with the head made of cheese: "cheese is a type of meat....."

• Advertisement

the boosh version of gary numan? as in, the references made to him in series one, or his appearance in series three? im kinda confused either way.

though i was never a huge fan of tommy, the mod wolves are pretty awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 HighburyHill

The references in series one, and although you dont see him, you do see his bad ass plane!

The mod wolves are cool. Mods are so much better than goths. which is why series 2 is not a patch on series 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Naboo: Who are you meant to be?
    Howard: [dressed as Bryan Ferry] Bryan Ferry.
    Naboo: Have you SEEN Bryan Ferry?
    Howard: Yes, why?
    Naboo: You look like Terry Wogan
    Brian Ferry was quite funny too

oh! and vince's brain cell! i loved vince's brain cell. and that picture of him with his vince and little vinces. does he count as a character?

i like to boogie.

Vince the saucy secretary that looked a bit like Amy Winehouse was a little disturbing, especially as brain cell Vince wanted to do her/him...

• Advertisement

he was gonna ask her to work late, if we caught her drift. that winehouse outfit was awesome. *hints at monkeyfudge for next dressup* ... yes, i am saying that you should dress up as noel dressed up as vince dressed up as amy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

he was gonna ask her to work late, if we caught her drift. that winehouse outfit was awesome. *hints at monkeyfudge for next dressup* ... yes, i am saying that you should dress up as noel dressed up as vince dressed up as amy.

brain... hurts....

For me its got to be Mr harrison octopus head.

tony! i would love to see what mrs harrison looks like. though the 'this is an outrage' line kinda disturbs me after the party episode... i did once try dress up as him, but it just wasn't to be.

I thought your costume was pretty good, but seeing your body kinda stole the illusion ;)

i *did* wear black. and i was drunk, so my black clothes were fuzzy against a dark background. i think. all i know is, i have pink spraypaint on formerly black clothes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I think it probably has to be the hitcher just for the sheer quality of his lines. I think his costume is fantastic too.

I love all the carachters Rich Fulcher plays too. Particularly the Blue King -
    Blue King wrote:
    ... I am taller than most things ... chairs ... beach balls ... ... women on their sides ...

My girlfriend is the opposite she hates all his carachters because she associates them with Bob Fossil and doesnt like him at all :(

Saboo gets a mention too, he's got some great lines. Plus Richard Ayodale was a fantastic choice to play him. Got to love that beard too.

The Head Shaman is good too...
    I actually have quite a small head for a man of my stature

:D

c - 13 wrote: »
    I love all the carachters Rich Fulcher plays too. Particularly the Blue King
    My girlfriend is the opposite she hates all his carachters because she associates them with Bob Fossil and doesnt like him at all :(

I think all his characters are quality! :D The quote at the bottom of my sig is one of his! :D

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Don't think I was ever a huge fan of Lester Corncrake though.

rich fulcher's characters (with the exception of betamax and evil tree) all took ages to grow on me. found him/them gneerally annoying.. i dont know when i started coming round to them, but i do quite enjoy them.

does anyone else find it odd that it wasnt till series three that he ended up dressed like a woman? it seems so inevitable, once i saw elenor, i couldnt believe she hadn't happened sooner.

and lester cornflake was good in his first episode. did you know, shaolin monks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rich fulcher's characters (with the exception of betamax and evil tree) all took ages to grow on me. found him/them gneerally annoying.. i dont know when i started coming round to them, but i do quite enjoy them. ...

im the exact same just didnt like them at all, then one day i was laughin at them. for me old gregg or dixon bainbridge still hold the title as best non-regular characters! matt berry just kicks ass! and well what can be said about old gregg...he does water colours!! :D

after him would be the boosh's version of chris de burgh (boosh trivia: chris de burgh is played by noel and michael fieldings dad)

and the head shaman is julian's dad, and the witch at the shaman council is noel and mike's mam, and kirk is their cousin. :P

You sure about the head shaman cos I could have sworn is was Julian...

at least in the nanageddon episode, im almost sure during the commentary they say that that was a weird scene, cos you had noel's mother and julian's father together in the same scene.

edit: just googled it, got this
    When Naboo goes to the board of shamen the people seated at the table are (from left to right) the Green-faced witch is played by Noel Fielding's mother, Kirk is played by Noel Fielding's Cousin, the head of the board of shamen is played by Julian Barratt (Howard Moon), Saboo is played by Richard Ayoade, Tony Harrison is played by Noel Fielding (Vince Noir) and the old warlock is played by Julian Barratt's father.

excuse me, i was wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

c - 13 wrote: »
    I think it probably has to be the hitcher just for the sheer quality of his lines. I think his costume is fantastic too.

I love all the carachters Rich Fulcher plays too. Particularly the Blue King -

Saboo gets a mention too, he's got some great lines. Plus Richard Ayodale was a fantastic choice to play him. Got to love that beard too.

Its the Hitcher, Saboo and Bob Fossil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFimb7sCz8&feature=related)for me, with the Hitcher coming out just on top.
    You wanna know about my thumb do ya boy? Intrigue ya does it boy? My Thumb? Let me tell ya 'bout it. I come from a long line of hitchhikers, all with bleedin' masive thumbs. You see the thumb its a tremendous boom to the hitchhiker, helps with work. Ya know what I mean? Only problem was, when I was a child, my thumb was tiny. Not just tiny like a single sugar puff, Disgusting! Even my own mother would reel back in horror, like an anaconda, 'Aagh! What is it!? Get it out of here! It's tiny! It's horrible, it's revolting! Take your tiny thumb and get out of here and never darken my door again!' she'd say. I had to leave the family unit, in search of a miracle. I wandered the streets, looking for the answer. And people told me of a magic shaman: part man, part hornet. So I went looking for him. I went everywhere. I combed the universe in search of the stripy insect shaman. Turns out he was in a local primary school, in the bin, reeling about with the apple cores. Like they do. And I stood there, with my thumb out, and he stung it, and he stung it. He grabbed onto it, it was like he was making love to it with his sting. In and out, in and out, more and more! Oh the pus, the pain, the black voodoo, the wet jigsaw puzzle! I didn't know what was happening. Oh for days I was in a trance. But when I came to, there it was. Like a fleshy maraca! A thumb of gigantic proportion! 'A miracle!' I said, 'A miracle, you're a true wizard! How can I ever repay ya?' And he said to me, 'Five hundred euros.' 'Five hundred euros!? You won't see penny one from me you slag!' And as I raised my thumb up, to smash his tiny skull in I could see in his little insect face, could see him thinkin', 'Oh, I created that monster! I created that thumb! And now it's killing me! My own beastly creation, killin' me dead. The sweet irony.' I think he was sayin' that, although it was a long time ago. And in hindsight, he coulda just been ****tin' himself.

*stares motionlessly ahead*

Strawberry bootlace anyone?

this is just like you, you bring food that isn't food...

*offers Fey a bowl of Captain Crunch, as he knows nothing of the crunch, and Crumble Froo a bowl of Golden Grahames and a bottle of champagne*

• Advertisement

ohhhhh! we are 'avin it laaaaarrrrrrge!

Advertisement