Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmv

Options
  • 30-12-2007 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen hmv mentioned for the sales.
    The bricks and mortars have dvd's for 4.99

One that I couldn't believe was the "One who flew over the cuckoo's nest" special two disc edition. Cheaper than the .co.uk website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

virgin aswell. Loads for 4 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

heh, i took advantage of the One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest deal, awesome movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

3 Disc Special Edition of King Kong is just €5 in HMV too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Got my Dad the complete Jeeves and Wooster 6 DVD collection. 14 pounds sterling with 2 pounds delivery but I had a hmv student card so had 10% discount so worked out less than 20e - absolute bargin if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Some I picked up:

Sunshine - €9.99
    Zodiac - €9.99
    300 - €9.99
    28 Weeks Later - €7.99 [all with 10% off with their student card too :)]

These will all slip into their 3 for €30 section after the sale so I suppose there isn't too much to get excited about.

Alien was also €5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Do their boxsets work out as the same price they're selling them for online? Season one and two of House are £9.99(about €13.50).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Last year the house box sets were 20e each in the shops. Including postage they're very good value alright. Very tempted to buy them myself.

But for comparison I looked at the Alfred Hitchcock Boxset which is 20e in hmv here and it's 9.99 on the website so would work out cheaper alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The thing I noticed is that they've now brought out all three seasons in one set and HMV(at least online) seem to be doing a deal on the first two but not the third. You save about £3 buying the combined boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I got Apokalypto, Scarface and 300 in the 3 for €30, and I got The Usual Suspects for €5! Bargain!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Got Taxi Driver for €5. Also saw The Omega Man for €5 as well, very tempted to nab that, but I'll leave it for another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Picked up Zodiac 300 and Scarface for €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

in Virgin

Scarface - €4
    Shawshank Redemption - €4
    Greenstreet - €4
    Reservoir dogs - €6

I was happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Got Chopper for e3, Womb Raider Legend (360) for e20, and a 360 remote for 8. Happy chappy=moi

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

does anyone know if the hmv 10% student discount applies to electronics, and consoles and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

does anyone know if the hmv 10% student discount applies to electronics, and consoles and the like?

From their website, it doesn't:
    The hmv student card offer does not apply to purchases of electronic gift cards, gift vouchers, e-gift vouchers, event tickets, games bundles, games hardware (all formats), all other non-games electronic hardware (e.g. digital music players), digital downloads and excludes postage and packing where applicable.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Jello wrote: »
    From their website, it doesn't:

dang, ah well, i knew it would be too good to be true. ah well 10% off other stuff is still pretty sweet. Cheers though

Advertisement